Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Flame painted Nomad (with pics)

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  k1creeker 
#1 ·
...and it's sitting next to my "Bare" Nomad MkII. :D

It finally arrived and is ready to go...once the rain stops. Raining just enough to mess up the trails, not enough to break out the creek boat. :mad:

The build was always intended as a beefy xc trail bike. Thus the parts spec like the RP23 and Speedplays. Weight for this large sized frame came in about a half pound under my old 5-Spot at 30 lbs. 7oz.. Nice surprise.:thumbsup:

I mostly wanted to post some detail pics of the raw frame since there don't seem to be too many around. It's a brushed finish with a glossy clear powder coat, and looks really sharp in person.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
gticlay said:
Schweet looking bike. Keep an eye on your stem/bar interface. I had an aka stem and had to soften the edges because it ate into my Monkeylite DH bars :( Damn Sram stuff.
Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if SRAM changed the design, because the first thing I did with the stem is look for edges that could cause stress risers. All the edges were rounded off pretty well. I will keep an eye on it though! :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.