mtbr member
    Mar 2007

FAIL in Bronson frame ...Breakege...???

Pic┤s in french forum....
    Cedric Gracia Bike.

Infos VTT : Le Santa Cruz Bronson de C├ędric Gracia

FAIL in Bronson frame ...Breakege...???-c41e9867e0a1c7baabb0f29cadafb46413816696031.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    There is another picture floating around the boards showing a collapsed shock on his Bronson. No evidence of breakage just extreme tire rub.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by masemoto View Post
    There is another picture floating around the boards showing a collapsed shock on his Bronson. No evidence of breakage just extreme tire rub.
    True could be that he's running a tire to tall for the tolerances on the Bronson. Its interesting how we jump to frame fail so quickly.
    Narrow is the path to life, few are those who find it.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    I'm sure that happened in conjunction with the failed shock pic you posted in your other post.

I've run those tires quite a lot (HR2 2.4) this year - including trips to Whistler, Moab, and several Colorado resorts - and have never had contact with the seat tube. I've used a Van RC, Monarch +, and CCDB Air.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    I'm sure that happened in conjunction with the failed shock pic you posted in your other post.

I've run those tires quite a lot (HR2 2.4) this year - including trips to Whistler, Moab, and several Colorado resorts - and have never had contact with the seat tube. I've used a Van RC, Monarch +, and CCDB Air.
    You are probably right. Are your running that tire on a Bronson? All the SC bikes have slightly different tolerances for tire height.
    Narrow is the path to life, few are those who find it.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Yeah, XL Bronson. I dunno if Cedric rides a L or XL.

Just a hypothesis, but if there was a failure in his shocks damper (ie a loss of damping), and he continued to ride it (perhaps in a race run) the repeated top out force could destroy the shock and could eventually snap the shaft (which is what looks like happened in that other pic).

What's amazing is that the frame is fine after the shock snapping. So I believe this a case not of a "frame fail" but a "frame win".
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Yeah, XL Bronson. I dunno if Cedric rides a L or XL.

Just a hypothesis, but if there was a failure in his shocks damper (ie a loss of damping), and he continued to ride it (perhaps in a race run) the repeated top out force could destroy the shock and could eventually snap the shaft (which is what looks like happened in that other pic).

What's amazing is that the frame is fine after the shock snapping. So I believe this a case not of a "frame fail" but a "frame win".
    Yes...this is a positive look....

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I'm seeing tire rub, not breakage.

Handmade in Switzerland
    Most likely he does not use the standard shock (length / stroke) to squeeze more travel out of the Bronson. So he accepted that the rear tire touches the seat tube.

No big deal for a sponsored rider...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    In the comments on the Velo Vert site, someone comments that Cedric installed offset bushings that, in conjunction with his riding style, caused the tyre to rub. I have no idea how the commentor knows this but it does look like (severe) tyre rub.

mtbr member

What was your fave shock out of those?

And agree with you and the others - this is a frame WIN! Offset bushings and a blown lame Fox shock are to blame for the tire rub.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    So how many different pictures of the same bike are you going to use to start yet more threads with frame fail, frame breaks, frame utterly destroyed etc..?
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Sorry for the confusion ...
    I wanted to provide two different information
    But I knew not add.
    I close previous post....