Thread: Evolver + BLT2

mtbr member

Evolver + BLT2

So, for those of you with manitou evolvers on vpp bikes. i assume TNC, youre one of the few here running that, how would an evolver feel on a blt2?

MEDBLKANOSCBLT2RP23
    You mean SPV Evolve, like Nixon etc?
    I had hydroloc on my valve and relubed with Prep M grease and seemed to do well but small bump compliance and lack of "active sag" which kept the front end high on steep or long climbing made me "devolve" the SPV and it rides great. Completely reversible.
    The best fork for $225 with 20mm thru axle and air spring adjustability as well as being lighter than most any other 145mm fork out there.

mtbr member
    No, i meant the rear shock. the evolver supposed to be one of the best air shock avilable for longer travel bikes. i have a new 09 revelation 20mm maxlelite fork. its epic.

MEDBLKANOSCBLT2RP23
    Oh, the Evolver 6. I guess another question would be whether to get the "shimmed" or SPV model using long travel VPP. I am leaning towards "shimmed" with VPP up front now on 4"+ bikes (works good on my Blur Clasic) but have heard SPV works better with a reservoir in the rear (Dougals' threads in suspension section).

How do you like the Revelation? How much travel do you run up front?

one more time
    Oct 2005
    Goose - I have the evolver ISX6 (no platform) rear shock on my nomad.... its a very, very good match.

Im sure it will match up with your BLT2 nicely. Its a quality piece of kit.

I saw the 09 Revelation with 20mmTA at my lbs - looks sweet. I have the 07 Rev on my blur classic and im really happy with it however the '09 140mm TA version looks like a huge improvement.

Let us know how it goes...
    Bikes, beer and pizza.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    ride your rp23 dude, don't take a tip from me and be pedantic about your suspension. Sure, if it feels like ass do it, but the rp23 wont so ride it. I spend entirely too much time worrying about my suspension, and it really doesn't make me any faster or make it any more fun.

TNC
    noMAD man
    GQOSE, I've been out in Colorado riding the dirt motor for the last 10 days and just saw your post. Yes...the old and new BLT would both work well with the ISX-6. I would recommend the Intrinsic version, as the VPP bikes don't require SPV style damping. I would also recommend the twin tube version, as I think its air volume works better with the VPP design. The twin tube design refers to a second sleeve air chamber with a bleed hole that makes the compression performance more linear.