mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Easton Seatpost Help

Having a problem with the stock easton seatpost and stock santa cruz qr on my heckler. On every ride the seatpost keeps on slipping down. Tried to tighten the qr but to no avail. I am afraid to over tighten the qr.

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

seatpost?

sounds like the post is too small dia./ 30.9???

mtbr member
    Try some carbon friction paste. I've also heard a little toothpaste will work as well.
    Just ask your LBS if you can have a little tear packet of carbon paste. That's what
    I did.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    '02 NRS - it's the one that came with the bike, I hope it is the right size.

mestapho - will try the toothpaste route and when I get a chance to go to an LBS I'll pick up the paste.

Thank you again for your responses.

~Reformed Mechanic~
    Quote Originally Posted by ronyc View Post
    '02 NRS - it's the one that came with the bike, I hope it is the right size.

mestapho - will try the toothpaste route and when I get a chance to go to an LBS I'll pick up the paste.

Thank you again for your responses.
    Dont go putting toothpaste on your bike when its designed to take carbon friction paste, just pickup the correct thing you need.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    Try some carbon friction paste. I've also heard a little toothpaste will work as well.
    Just ask your LBS if you can have a little tear packet of carbon paste. That's what
    I did.
    I had the same exact problem on my BLT2. I used friction paste and it still slipped. I eventually got a Thompson with a little more texture. The friction paste helped. Some other guys changes SP clamps and had it solve the problem. Those easton posts are so smooth.
    Narrow is the path to life, few are those who find it.