It's Quick

e13 DRS for Nomad?

Looking to get one cause I am sick and tired of banging up my ano and I got a big trip to Whistler in week.

Anyone know which one I will need for a 07 1-1/8 headtube frame?
    Anyone have the blue supercharger?
    2008 SC Chamelon
    2007 SC Nomad 1-1/8
    2007 SC V-10

mtbr member
    Dont have any experience with the e13DRS but alot of people are happy with them. I'm using the Wicked racin Roller Guide with Gamut P20 Bash and been happy with it. No drop chain up to date. It is also cheaper alternative than the e13DRS.

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    I been runnin' a Black Spire Stinger for a few weeks now and love it. I used an e.13 DRS on my Bullit, then my VP Free and then my Nomad, and it worked well on all three bikes, but after replacing the rollers at the same cost of buying and entire Stinger, I switched and I, for one, like/love the Stinger and the cost of it. A bit noisier, but it works very well and the cost is way easier on the wallet. I still use the bash guard, well actually I use the e.13 Black Supercharger bash guard, very good product IMO.

e.13 stuff works well, but in comparison to comparable products, they're just too cost prohibitive, especially with the way money is now. When you open an e.13 DRS box and look at what you get for anywhere from $110 to $150, you'll consider a Stinger. I bought two of them when I got mine. $22 a pc + $4-5 shipping = the cost of an e.13 roller replacement....easy math.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

Propr
    Not sure about the 07ish Nomad but on mine which is an 06 it didn't work correctly with the Stylo Truvati cranks...so I switch to the OCT2.2's and it worked fine. But my understanding is that on the new Stylo crank it works no problem.

So bottom line: It may depend on the cranks you have.
    12 Bandit Two9 (sold)
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Tarmac SL3

It's Quick
    Thanks for the recommendations on other options as well as the info on the cranks. I thought about getting the WIcked Racin one, but I need it on before Whistler and going with the e13 was my only option since my buddy has one on his Ventana and knows the in's and out's of it. If any of you guys happen to be up there, say hello, I will be there from the 23 - 25th for fun times!
    2008 SC Chamelon
    2007 SC Nomad 1-1/8
    2007 SC V-10

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixquiac
    Thanks for the recommendations on other options as well as the info on the cranks. I thought about getting the WIcked Racin one, but I need it on before Whistler and going with the e13 was my only option since my buddy has one on his Ventana and knows the in's and out's of it. If any of you guys happen to be up there, say hello, I will be there from the 23 - 25th for fun times!

ENJOY !!
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowball
    Not sure about the 07ish Nomad but on mine which is an 06 it didn't work correctly with the Stylo Truvati cranks...so I switch to the OCT2.2's and it worked fine. But my understanding is that on the new Stylo crank it works no problem.

So bottom line: It may depend on the cranks you have.
    BB mount chainguides do not work well with the new stylos either. The new GXP BB does not use a driveside spacer like most other external bb. It is this spacer that the guideplate is designed to replace. Sandwiching the plate in there anyway throws off your chainline. I just got rid of mine after 2 rides.

KEEP ROLLING
    anyone running a blackspire stinger on a nomad with thruvativ stylo cranks ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    e13 DRS works great on my 2007 (1/8) nomad with XTR cranks

Propr
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravitythief76
    BB mount chainguides do not work well with the new stylos either. The new GXP BB does not use a driveside spacer like most other external bb. It is this spacer that the guideplate is designed to replace. Sandwiching the plate in there anyway throws off your chainline. I just got rid of mine after 2 rides.
    Sucks to hear...I was told they were fixing that issue back some time ago before they came out. A friend showed me the prototype and I was blown away as to how light it was Though it was made out of plastic or something...

I like the DRS system a lot so unfortunately I have to run the heavier setup.
    12 Bandit Two9 (sold)
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Tarmac SL3

It's Quick
    SteelMark, perfect. I have XT cranks and hope they will fit just as well. Nice pedals! I think I saw those in dirt rag, but they weren't cheap. How are they treating you. I am running 50/50's, but get a lot of pedal smack cause of how wide the platform is.
    2008 SC Chamelon
    2007 SC Nomad 1-1/8
    2007 SC V-10

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixquiac
    Nice pedals! I think I saw those in dirt rag, but they weren't cheap. How are they treating you. I am running 50/50's, but get a lot of pedal smack cause of how wide the platform is.

The pedals are great. Liked them a lot. The platforms softer then heavy flat pedals but so far so good. I have them more then 6 month and trails that I ride mostly stone desert.