Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NMBP

Dropper post on a Tallboy C?

Anyone running a dropper post on their Tallboy C? Which model? How do you like it? Bonus for pics!

Thanks!

Help I've Fallen
    I running a KS LEV on my Tallboy LTc and love it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dropper post on a Tallboy C?-2013-03-09-15.39.40.jpg  

Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by dwick37 View Post
    I running a KS LEV on my Tallboy LTc and love it.
    Looks great, that is the one that I have been eyeballing! How is the cable attached to the top tube? Does it have a quick disconnect to remove the post or am I seeing things?

NMBP
    Oh, the LTc has the cable stops for a dropper post. I have the original TB, so no stops. Anyone have one on their TBc?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I have had my TallboyC since last August with the dropper post. I have the Reverb on it. I love having a dropper. I put one on my Tallboy cause it is my one bike that I use for everything. I have had some problems with this Reverb, but it is working right now. We will see how it holds in St George this weekend. My next dropper will be the KS Lev. Have heard nothing but good about them. If you are using your Tallboy for more than just hard XC riding/racing like I do, then I recommend a dropper.Dropper post on a Tallboy C?-image.jpg

Paste eater
    Mine is set up 'Moab XC' It's got a gravity dropper now. Riding without a dropper post is 100% not an option now. It roughly equivalent to riding without disc brakes. Oh, and my TalboyC has cable guides for a dropper post. What year is yours?
    Dropper post on a Tallboy C?-549400_10152646845255710_1057524130_n.jpg

NMBP
    Thanks guys. Mine is a 2012 model with QR rear. I do have a stop at the front of the top tube, but it looks different than the one on your frame. I will have to look at it a little closer.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by gfs69 View Post
    Thanks guys. Mine is a 2012 model with QR rear. I do have a stop at the front of the top tube, but it looks different than the one on your frame. I will have to look at it a little closer.
    They aren't stops. They are just guides. Stops are fittings that the cable actually fits into and stops . This may be the confusion?

Stop:
    Name:  51-020_cable_stop_for_site.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  114.6 KB

Guide:
    Name:  200.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  13.4 KB

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    they are stops. the regular tallboy has dropper stops on all years. the rear one is hard to find as its right above the shock mounting

NMBP
    Definitely has a cable stop, so not sure if I could easily attach a cable or not.

Paste eater
    2012 frames have GUIDES not stops. Or at least the ones I've seen and I've seen a lot. Either way, you can still run a dropper post with some crafty use of zip ties.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I ran a Specialized Command Post Blacklite on my TBc for awhile (using the cable stops under the top tube), and liked it a lot. When I got a TRc I moved the dropper post to that bike.

NMBP
    Here it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dropper post on a Tallboy C?-tallboy-stop-large.jpg  

Dropper post on a Tallboy C?-tallboy-2-large-.jpg  

Paste eater
    Here it is.
    Can't tell from that view. Can you run housing though it?

The thing with cable STOPS is I suppose they will work just fine with a cable actuated post but they present obvious problems with hydro lines . However, Like I said before, zip ties can certainly make it work.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    Can't tell from that view. Can you run housing though it?

The thing with cable STOPS is I suppose they will work just fine with a cable actuated post but they present obvious problems with hydro lines . However, Like I said before, zip ties can certainly make it work.
    I don't think that I can run hydro hose because the back side is smaller diameter than the front, and I doubt that it would fit. My LBS is pretty good, I am sure they could come up with something. Thanks for the help.

Paste eater

What's the other side look like?

bog
    mtbr member
    What's the other side look like?
    Seriously? That's clearly a cable stop and not a hydraulic hose guide so you can't easily attach a hose to it.
    SC Tallboy C : SC Nomad 3 : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by bog View Post
    Seriously? That's clearly a cable stop and not a hydraulic hose guide so you can't easily attach a hose to it.
    The other side of the FRAME. As in what's the guide/stop on the other side look like? Hard to tell, but it looks like there is a cable on the other side running full housing. So don't be a ******, i'm only trying to help.

bog
    mtbr member
    Cable stops only on the non-LT version, sorry. Saying that you've seen tons of the frames with dropper hose guides isn't helping anyone.
    SC Tallboy C : SC Nomad 3 : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL

Paste eater

Quote Originally Posted by bog View Post
    Cable stops only on the non-LT version, sorry. Saying that you've seen tons of the frames with dropper hose guides isn't helping anyone.
    Buddy. I OWN one with guides.
    Dropper post on a Tallboy C?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364004694.737598.jpg
    Last edited by Jwind; 03-22-2013 at 09:30 PM.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Been using the Reverb with great success. I also have one on my TBLTc. I think they work great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dropper post on a Tallboy C?-image.jpg  

Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

NMBP
    Yeah, Stop on both sides of the top-tube unfortunately. There are guides on the down-tube for the rear brake.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by pachaven View Post
    Been using the Reverb with great success. I also have one on my TBLTc. I think they work great.
    Thanks, nice bike. How do you have the cable attached to your top-tube, (or do you?) I can't tell from your photo.

Paste eater
    Thanks, nice bike. How do you have the cable attached to your top-tube, (or do you?) I can't tell from your photo.
    Just zip tie the dropper post cable to another cable. I've done this a number of times with older frames or frames that just don't have anythign for dropper posts.

NMBP
    Just zip tie the dropper post cable to another cable. I've done this a number of times with older frames or frames that just don't have anythign for dropper posts.
    That sounds like a great idea.

I also found these guys: Amazon.com: Problem Solvers Stick-On Hydraulic Housing Guide Bag of 5: Sports & Outdoors

I found a great deal on a KS Lev, I just may pull the trigger. Thanks for all of the help folks. And by all means, if others out there have photos, post em up!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast