mtbr member
    Feb 2005

difference between juliana and superlight

Can any help me out with the differences between the two frames-I know one is women's specific, but everything else looks the same.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    That's the difference...Juliana has shorter top tube etc. At one time the Juliana had Wylder bars/grips which had smaller diameter but no more.
    Get over it!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

actually the geometry looks the same for the 07 frame

that is kind of why I am asking, the geo is the same-the julianna offers one size smallre, but it just all looks the same-my main question is: same tubing, same weight??
    Thanks
    Tim

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    double posting like a mofo!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    07 Juliana
    XS, S, M

07 Super Light
    S, M, L, XL

That is the ONLY difference save stickers. Geometry, components, everything is exactly the same on both bikes. (verified by Santa Cruz)

make this a sticky!
    Last edited by corprin; 05-16-2007 at 04:51 AM. Reason: typo

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

thanks for the info

weird on the part of SC to have a women's specific bike that is only womens specific insofar to include a smaller size?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    the 06 and earlier Juliana was different geometry, but I don't know the specifics. My wife wants the 07 so I did the research. They are EXACTLY the same frame, same paint options, just different decals, and size options.

she was a bit let down by SC for this, because it's not as special now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    the 06 and earlier Juliana was different geometry, but I don't know the specifics. My wife wants the 07 so I did the research. They are EXACTLY the same frame, same paint options, just different decals, and size options.

she was a bit let down by SC for this, because it's not as special now.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    lucky us , I got one of the last 06 juliana to my wife.
    She really love hers (built it light)

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PAMATRAIL
    lucky us , I got one of the last 06 juliana to my wife.
    She really love hers (built it light)
    I am glad you got your wife what she wanted, I think that is the most important thing in buying a bike, she has to want to ride it.

My wife actually prefers the 07 geometry over the 06. She said she felt more in contact with the 07. On the mechanical side, I am glad she chose the 07 with the relocated pivot and cartrage bearings, plus the 07 swingarm is much more sexy. Paid a bit extra for the RP23 and pink chris king headset, but I can't complain.

We went with the R-XC build kit (with the above addons) I have an extra parts lying about the shop like 07 XT shifters, 07 XT front derailuer, etc. The parts on the build kit that are not the greatest will be replaced with better not the greatest. the pedals are going on my SS commuter, and she is getting her prefered platforms. The bike is classed as a XC, but since the frames are the same for a man, and most men weigh much more then my wife's 115lbs, I figure light to medium AM will be fine with the Juliana/SL.

NOW.... we are waiting on it's delivery from stateside.

WHAT IS WITH THE DOUBLE POST?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    nice built!!, can you send some pics of hers?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    as soon as the box arrives, I will!

there are some things that suck with living in Japan. It takes a WHILE for parts and complete bikes to arrive

ntj
    guidedbybicycles
    Hey Corprin,

I hear ya on the Japan thing.

How did you order yours? I ordered my SL through a shop in Chiba back in January. I asked the distributor when it would arrive and they said it would be here before Golden Week, still no show.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I just spoke with Santa Cruz about this two weeks ago. Basically there is just a one size difference. In other words a Medium Superlight is similar geometry to a Large Juliana.

Phat Tire Bikes has the 06 Juliana on clearance for $649 and seems to still have plenty options, he told me that plenty of men have been buying the large since they went on clearance.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ntj
    Hey Corprin,

I hear ya on the Japan thing.

How did you order yours? I ordered my SL through a shop in Chiba back in January. I asked the distributor when it would arrive and they said it would be here before Golden Week, still no show.
    I was back in the states for a few days and stopped by Family Cycle Center in Capitola, Ca. I ordered mine from there, and they are shipping to me here. I figure if getting one from down the block in Santa Cruz is difficult, then getting one in Chiba-Ken is much harder.

Some friends and I are going to get some rides going up in Yatsugatake, Ashinoko, Yamanaka and Fujinomiya areas, you are welcome to join if you are up for it. I am not far away in Kanagawa-Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by tolleyman
    Phat Tire Bikes has the 06 Juliana on clearance for $649 and seems to still have plenty options, he told me that plenty of men have been buying the large since they went on clearance.
    I was under the impression that the 06 and prior had a different geometry to them, and it was the 07's that changed. According to the 07 catalog the SL and Juliana is the same frame size for size. Med is a Med, and Sm is a Sm. I don't know about the 06 as my wife doesn't want the older frame.

Members who have read this thread: 0