mtbr member
    Jan 2007

DHX5 Air setup advice

I've just bought a Heckler frame with a DHX5 air shock which I want to setup for my weight.On the Santa Cruz UK website they have a table of settings for the shock.For my weight,approx 180 lbs,they suggest 170psi air pressure,140psi boost valve but for the propedal, bottom-out and rebound they suggest 10 ret,2.0 ret and10 ret,what do they mean by ret? Any ideas? Neal

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    "The number of clicks out from the fully closed position"

mtbr member
    the setup guides are way off. Are you 180 geared up? You will also notice a difference when it breaks in. I ride an 07 bullit so the geometry is similar. Try 200 psi main and about 130 psi boost with 1/2 to 2/3 of bottom out. This will help with the lack of midstroke the dhx air has. I run my pp wide open. I weigh 170 with gear and I run 190psi main, 125 psi boost, 2/3 bottom out, 1 pp click. I have excellent small bump sensitivity, 30% sag, good midstroke support and I can do 6 foot drops to flat without bottoming. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for responding to my post.I should perhaps of said that the frame's not new,think it's an 05/06,but hopefully the shock should be good as new 'cos I've sent it off to be serviced,pretty expensive but at least I know the shock's doing want it's supposed to! The company doing the service asked what weight I am and what sort bike the shock's off (I'm probably nearer 190lbs with my gear and fully loaded Camelback) so with any luck I won't need to mess about with it too much!