TC
    mtbr member

DH tires for 07 BLT

Love the Nevegals that came stock, but can't run 'em with anything less than 35psi (already had two flats...). Also, center tread is already chewed up pretty good from the rocky stuff I' m riding here in Pacifica.

looking for a good 2 ply dh tire for a smoother ride.

problem is, some dh 2 ply tires don't come in 2.35 which is about as big as I can go for the rear on this 07 BLT (clearance issue).

any suggestions? what 2 ply tires are you running on your BLTs?

ps. weight is not an issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Should be a few choices out there , here's one : http://www.intensetires.com/dh_ex_dc.htm

I run a 2.35 BG DH tire on the rear of my Bullit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    The Tioga 2.3 factory DH tire is worth a look. You can find them for as little as $18 all day long. They are a full 2.3 (kevlar bead) but will still fit, grip good and are tough without being a boat anchor. The roll much better than the Nev sticky for sure and last a bunch longer. Best part is they are so cheap that your not out much if you dont like um. I ran it as a rear on my trials bike and had very few pinch problems.
    Enjoy every ride!

Boyeeee
    You can also try running a UST tire with a tube. UST tires have stiffer sidewalls that will help you prevent flats without the need for running 2-ply DH tires or DH tubes and their associated weight penalties.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I just swithed my rear 2.35 for a smaller one. Rainy season just started down here in Central America and the first muddy ride, the rear tire locked up (SM BLT 2.35 Nev).

TC
    mtbr member

only drawback to BLT...

rear tire clearance is only drawback

TC
    mtbr member
    thanks to all for the input. I got 2.5 Kenda Nevegal DH front and tried a maxxis larsen dh 2.35 on rear at first. first ride on dry day was good, but first ride this morning on wet trails was scary! the larsen is def not for wet stuff. So just for heck of it, mounted the 2.5 nevy on the rear and it fit....about an 1/8 of an inch clearance from top of center tread to cross support on rear triangle.

So went back to LBS and sold the larsen back and bought another nevy dh.
    Looking forward to rippin' it.

Members who have read this thread: 0