Thread: Demo 8 Vs. V10?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

New question here. Demo 8 Vs. V10?

I know they are two different bikes, but I would like to hear your pros and cons of a V10 over a Demo 8. I will be just getting the frame and running it with boxxers. I ride Northstar a lot(20 something times this year). I was thinking the Demo would make a better park bike, but the new V10 is so nic and I like all that squish for the rocks at N*. Would just like to hear where you think the V10 beats the Demo?
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    In my personal opinion,if your going to race it,get the v10.If your going to do both park and race Demo.I see you have a demo 7 listed in your steeds.If that isn't enough,maybe the V10'er is in fact what you are looking for.

Lord of the Chainrings
    Quote Originally Posted by whattree?
    In my personal opinion,if your going to race it,get the v10.If your going to do both park and race Demo.I see you have a demo 7 listed in your steeds.If that isn't enough,maybe the V10'er is in fact what you are looking for.
    I agree.
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I like the 7, but I want a little more. I ride the park mostly, but Northstar is pretty rough and the V10 and its sag would be nice. How is the durability or the V10s bearings and such?
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Countryboy - just curious, what sizes are your bikes? I'm 6' 1", and have a large 4x, and just picked up a medium Demo 7 last week, having been torn between the medium and large, think I've got it right.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Both are mediums. The Blur is some what small, but it is built up for dirtjumps and tracks.
    Go BIG or Go HOME

Hike n' Bike
    Jun 2006
    Id ride the V10 before you make the decision. Its pretty much made to be a full on DH race bike. If you looking for a longer travel FR/DH bike then there might be some better options out there.

Maybe you should send the rear shock to PUSH before you drop coin on a new frame. It may change the feel of the bike into exactly what your looking for.

I wouldnt trade my Demo 7 for the world right now