mtbr member
    May 2004

... and if we just ... Day one on nomad test ride

well my first impressions where great very nimble im riding a large and im 6.3 so can really chuck it around under me on the local downs climbing seemed good but not enough seat post to get my legs at my normal length so was a bit cramped will have to see if lbs has a longer one only need about 1.5 more any way just had a couple of Q for the people in the know.
    1.test ride has a rs pike and i would like to put a fox van on what difference will this make ie height and handerling
    2. ive got a dhx air on my bullit will this fit eye to eye seem the same at 8.5.
    3. also any biguns out there and what size nomads are you riding.
    4.has any one tryed the maverick speedball on a nomad yet.

Any and all help will be gratefully received thank you bat.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm dude you need a ex large

My large is just right for me and I am six ft tall. At six three you are pushing it. I think SC say a large can go to 6'2 but that seems like its pushing it a bit.

mtbr member
    May 2004

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daisycutter
    My large is just right for me and I am six ft tall. At six three you are pushing it. I think SC say a large can go to 6'2 but that seems like its pushing it a bit.
    thanks for that daisycutter i just found it seemed to bee on the edge of just right strange thing was i had no lower back ache which i seem to get after a couple of hours on my other bikes ive tryed everything to stop it and now just put up with it bat.

Super Genius gone noMAD
    I'm also 6'3" and went with XL. Didn't ride it yet as we got a new shipment of snow yesterday (70cm in a day) . So no riding for the next 3 weeks (as the forcast shows that it is going to be a white weekend).

mtbr member
    May 2004

morning two on test

Quote Originally Posted by SHooTEK
    I'm also 6'3" and went with XL. Didn't ride it yet as we got a new shipment of snow yesterday (70cm in a day) . So no riding for the next 3 weeks (as the forcast shows that it is going to be a white weekend).
    Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but all sun and blue skys for me this morning and still loving this bike todays mission see how she climbs.
    answer sweeeeet we worked out i need about 1 more inch in seat post to give my legs the right length and i do seem to suit a slightly smaller frame from passed history and if you go to the intense 6.6 large same t/t length and not that diff all round they go up to 6.4 all i need to do now is make the jump and may be sell one of my other bikes (not) one more day to go till i have to give it back and make a decision will let all know what i do and thanks again for any help given regarding my Questions bat.

TNC
    noMAD man
    I'd agree with daisy on the XL frame size. Put a short stem and straight seatpost on it to adjust your cockpit, and I'd bet it would be ideal for you. The Nomad has a crazy amount of cockpit adjustment IMO but only if you don't go too small. I'm 6 feet tall and ride a large. I'm running a 50mm stem and 1" setback seatpost with a Van 36 fork. You'd think this would kill the climbing capability and quick handling on the bike...it doesn't. The Nomad frame has a relatively unorthodox frame geometry, so think a little broader about your options.

The 8.5 X 2.5 shock on your Bullit will fit on the Nomad with the proper spacers. I also have a Bullit with a DHX-Air...love the shock on both bikes. I notice that the Speedball is an air seatpost, right? Sounds rather strange to me, but it might work. However, if you'll notice, the Gravity Dropper without the remote handlebar trigger is the same weight or lighter with a coil spring. It uses a knob-style trigger in similar fashion to the Speedball. Gravity Dropper has a very good reputation under some pretty gnarly riders. I think I'd feel more confident on a coil spring Dropper, and since it isn't any heavier...well.

You may have already seen my recommendation on using a relatively taller fork like a Van 36 or 66SL, as the Nomad seems prone to severe pedal smacking on any rocky, technical trail with a shorter fork. Good luck with your choices. You'll enjoy the Nomad for sure.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Well it seems the uk is no better than the usa

well after a 7 week wait for my lrg demo nomad which i am very impressed with my local lbs in the uk phone up jungle the importers and find out that they have no xl and have had one on order since june 05 and are not even sure if they are going to get one in the next few months if i can't get any joy in the next few days i might have to look at the intense 6.6 as an alternative since the guys in the uk have just got some in stock any way thank you to those that answerd my questions and we will see what happens from here bat.