mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Was this a crazy deal we missed out on or am I missing something?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Looks like you missed a crazy deal. Only lasted 2 hours before someone jumped on the buy it now option.

Brian

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    wow...glad i didnt see that, id be paying off two santa cruz's

Natural body armor
    Stolen?? Hmmm...
    "There is no A-line"
    Quadzilla - On-One USA

mtbr member
    I saw it in "time", had an opportunity to hit the buy it now. But...It didn't look right to me. The seller had low feedback, and had no activity for almost a year. May have been legit. But something looked wrong to me.

I put in a bid of 1100 for fun. A bid get's you on ebays list to tell you when an auction has been cancelled. So, I only bid for that reason, and I usually can see a stinker.

But, it could have been real...

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by flyxaos
    I saw it in "time", had an opportunity to hit the buy it now. But...It didn't look right to me. The seller had low feedback, and had no activity for almost a year. May have been legit. But something looked wrong to me.

I put in a bid of 1100 for fun. A bid get's you on ebays list to tell you when an auction has been cancelled. So, I only bid for that reason, and I usually can see a stinker.

But, it could have been real...
    Well, thanks a lot for sending me a pm, geez.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    14 feedback with over 9 years on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Turtle
    Stolen?? Hmmm...
    Personally I go with the above (maybe just to make myself feel better for not seeing it first )

Don't Stop Spinnin'!
    I wouldnt have taken any chances, unless he was local, or if I knew someone that lived in his area that could have done the deal for me. I dont know... way too fishy. Most people into sports such as mtb take advantage of ebay for good deals. (people with lots of feedback) but if he rides that bike; he's into the sport... and he has no mtb purchases... actually nothing in a while!

I'd look at things in the bright side, and be glad you have $1500 on the safe side.
    ~every end is a new beginning...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Usually if a deal seems too good to be true..........it usually is too good to be true.

mtbr member
    Look at this past 2 feedbacks:

great bike, great communication - CHEERS

VERY NICE Bike, Fast shipping, very good transaction, Thanks very much

Very possible someones missing their Nomad, or he just likes to change bikes once a year.

It's Quick
    Don't know about this particular listing, but I have run into at least 2 V10 listings that were completely bogus. One was of a bike I was currently haggling for, then it shows up for 1/2 the price I was offering on ebay. Notified them of the fraud and it was quickly taken down. Since then I just gave up on ebay even if you research the seller, profiles are stolen all the time. Best to deal with bikes you've actually seen. In the end a scam would cost you much more!
    2008 SC Chamelon
    2007 SC Nomad 1-1/8
    2007 SC V-10

mtbr member
    Don't worry, keep your eyes peeled and you will see the same bike for sale in about a week for $3000 + --- Looks like the person who bought the bike is a power seller.