mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Climbing Capabilities of Bronson vs Mojo SL

Hey guys,

was wondering anyone of you switched from Mojo SL to Bronson currently?
    The biggest question I have to seek help is the climbing capabilities of the Bronson given the slacker head angle and also the centred sitting position vs the MojoSL

I should be fitting a 150mm or 160mm fox talas paired with 50mm stem.

Any advise from anyone?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I don't have any advice but I have a question for you.

I am switching from Mojo SL to Bronson. Waiting for my frame only to ship and am getting parts together for it.

I am trying to decide between Thomson 50 and 70mm stems. I see you are choosing a 50mm. Why are you doing 50 instead of 70mm?

BTW, I am doing a 160mm Float.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mastakilla View Post
    I don't have any advice but I have a question for you.

I am switching from Mojo SL to Bronson. Waiting for my frame only to ship and am getting parts together for it.

I am trying to decide between Thomson 50 and 70mm stems. I see you are choosing a 50mm. Why are you doing 50 instead of 70mm?

BTW, I am doing a 160mm Float.
    I used to have a 70mm stem changed to 50mm on my SL. Noticed the slight difference in steering feel and quite liked the response so decided to stick with 50.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I am currently on a mojo sl which I updated with 27.5 wheels. Looking to purchase a 27.5 specific new frame. Rode an Altitude and loved it. Stiffer and rode over chunk way easier. Front tire seems to really stay firmly on the ground compared to my SL. I gueaa i'm feeling the steeper seat tube angle. I run a 150 on my SL. Climbed my big chunky "demo" trail. Went up way faster than my SL. Going to demo the Bronson next. Just wish the Bronson didn't come with such heavy wheels and tires. Not what i plan on putting on a new bike. I'll let u know how Bronson compares. I have a 70mm stem on SL and rode the RM with a 50.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackdan10 View Post
    I am currently on a mojo sl which I updated with 27.5 wheels. Looking to purchase a 27.5 specific new frame. Rode an Altitude and loved it. Stiffer and rode over chunk way easier. Front tire seems to really stay firmly on the ground compared to my SL. I gueaa i'm feeling the steeper seat tube angle. I run a 150 on my SL. Climbed my big chunky "demo" trail. Went up way faster than my SL. Going to demo the Bronson next. Just wish the Bronson didn't come with such heavy wheels and tires. Not what i plan on putting on a new bike. I'll let u know how Bronson compares. I have a 70mm stem on SL and rode the RM with a 50.
    Hey, do posts your thoughts when u try it. Heard some guys saying Bronson's climbing is not as strong as its descend. Also the feeling of riding it is more "on" the bike then in the bike feel.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Riyute View Post
    Hey, do posts your thoughts when u try it. Heard some guys saying Bronson's climbing is not as strong as its descend. Also the feeling of riding it is more "on" the bike then in the bike feel.
    Hmm, I've heard the exact opposite. No surprise there I guess but always interested in new ride reports anyway.

Just Ride

Climbing Capabilities of Bronson vs Mojo SL

I just spent some time climbing and descending on a Bronson last weekend, I thought it climbed great and descended like a killer of trails, I have not been on a Mojo so I can't speak to it. I am also waiting for my Bronson to come in. The one I rode had a 60 stem on it, for me I would lengthen that up.