USB Rep'n

Chammy & Heckler owners..

If you own both, I have a question for ya.. I run a 50mm on each bike for the aggressive stuff and I ahve run an 80mm on the Chammy for bigger xc rides. I have never run anything but a 50 on the Heckler but want to use it for xc more. My question is how closely does it translate to the Lizard in terms of reach? Should I go 80 on the Heckler as well? If it helps, Im 5-9" and riding mediums in both.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

Warrior's Society
    I run the same size stem on both my Chameleon and Heckler. My Chameleon is a XL while the Heckler is a L. To me handling remained pretty much the same. The Heckler did feel a bit more cramped, but not enough to really make a difference.

mtnbikej

Certified Moots Whore...
    I run a 70mm or 90mm on the chameleon and a 70mm or 100mm on the heckler. I am 5'9 and use the 70 for urban an 90/100 for trail. I like to be a little streched out and think the 90 on the chameleon feels the same as the 100 on the heckler. But, I probably could not tell that much difference if you switched the two...

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Clever...
    I run a 70mm or 90mm on the chameleon and a 70mm or 100mm on the heckler. I am 5'9 and use the 70 for urban an 90/100 for trail. I like to be a little streched out and think the 90 on the chameleon feels the same as the 100 on the heckler. But, I probably could not tell that much difference if you switched the two...
    thanks Gents! I think I'll get a 90 for the Heckler and be done with it. I prefer to be a bit "cramped" or at least like the responsive feel of thee shorter stems. I usually run a 50 as I mentioned before and find I can climb ok with it. Going to a 90 for xc should feel pretty stretched to me even though it really isn't. Thanks for the advice...
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!