mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Chameleon, some questions

Hi,

I have a few questions about the Chameleon, would appreciate if you could help me out.

What's the tyre clearence in the back? Is there room for some beefier tyres ot is it tight for space?

And, is the frame made in taiwan? Heard some problems with finish etc. What's your experience?

Regards

Patrik

mtbr member
    i think all sc powdercoat finishes have issues. they're not that durable. do a search, theres lots of chameleon threads

USB Rep'n
    you can run it pretty fat in the back. personally, I have never used (or needed/wanted) more than Kenda Kinetics 2.5 in the back. As for the finish, mine did scratch a bit after ejecting it into some fine Whistler granite. Seriously, the finish is fine and even if it weren't, its a mountain bike and if you are riding it, its' going to get banged up a bit regardless.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    it also depends on what color you get. my black one doesn't look too beat up after getting scratched up. the black conceals the scratches pretty well. and it's easy to touch up. my buddy has a grey one and it definitely shows its age more. i run continental vertical pros (2.3) and have plenty of room.