mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Chameleon R-AM Kit

I was doing a little shopping and was looking into buying a complete bike from Santa Cruz. Can anyone tell me what fork comes with this bike. The website just says Fox Float CTD 130mm. Is this the 140 with a spacer in it to reduce travel? Does it have the FIT damper? And if you have bought the RAM complete kit how has it been working for you? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by csmoot26; 11-11-2012 at 12:55 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by csmoot26 View Post
    I was doing a little shopping and was looking into buying a complete bike from Santa Cruz. Can anyone tell me what fork comes with this bike. The website just says Fox Float CTD 130mm. Is this the 140 with a spacer in it to reduce travel? Does it have the FIT damper? And if you have bought the RAM complete kit how has it been working for you? Thanks for the help.
    Just got mine today! Fox often does custom travel options for OEM, not sure whether or not it would be spacer adjustable or not. The fork included in the "meal-deal" kit is Evolution, which means open bath, not FIT.

No ride time on the bike yet but fully built (large no pedals) weighs 28lbs even. Avid brakes feel mushy out the box and will probably need a full bleed. Everything else looks great!