Thread: Chameleon help

mmm bacon

Chameleon help

I am finalizing my build for my Chameleon and need a little help from other Chameleon riders, I bought a large frame and according to the SC site I should use a 90mm stem, but the problem is that I have a +6.5 inch reach index (in short my arms should be on a 6' 6" frame not a 6' frame), has anybody else had to deal with this I will be riding all over this season, alot of lift and shuttle assisted riding and would prefer to not play the stem swap game. Thanks for any help you can send my way.
    JK

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by 925hell
    I am finalizing my build for my Chameleon and need a little help from other Chameleon riders, I bought a large frame and according to the SC site I should use a 90mm stem, but the problem is that I have a +6.5 inch reach index (in short my arms should be on a 6' 6" frame not a 6' frame), has anybody else had to deal with this I will be riding all over this season, alot of lift and shuttle assisted riding and would prefer to not play the stem swap game. Thanks for any help you can send my way.
    JK
    So what you are saying is that the top tube is too short? IF that is the case, you have 3 options:

1. Longer stem

2. Layed Back seatpost

3. Sell the frame and get an XL

I did this after I rode my Large Chameleon for about 6 months and realized that the top tube was too short for me when doing XC rides. So I sold the frame and moved up to an XL. I am 6' and run the XL with a 90mm stem. Works great for me.

If you are going to be using it as more of a DH/FR bike, then you will probably like the smaller frame and you just have to get used to it.

mtnbikej

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej
    So what you are saying is that the top tube is too short? IF that is the case, you have 3 options:

1. Longer stem

2. Layed Back seatpost

3. Sell the frame and get an XL

I did this after I rode my Large Chameleon for about 6 months and realized that the top tube was too short for me when doing XC rides. So I sold the frame and moved up to an XL. I am 6' and run the XL with a 90mm stem. Works great for me.

If you are going to be using it as more of a DH/FR bike, then you will probably like the smaller frame and you just have to get used to it.

mtnbikej
    I would suggest a combination of #1 and #2 before going with #3.

my 2 cents.