Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Chameleon geometry #s

651 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Earthpig 
#1 ·
Simple question here about geometry #s on the Chameleon. Is the listed seat tube measurement a center to top of the seat tube measurement or is it center to center of the top tube at the seat tube junction? Also, I'm assuming that the top tube measurement is the ETT, not the actual TT.

I'm trying to decide between an L and an XL. I'm a little over 6', 33" inseam. Based on the ETT, my fit preferences (I go bigger rather than smaller on frame sizes - I don't have a frame that's smaller than 24" on the TT), my intended use (singlespeed XC), and comments of others via this forum that the Chameleon runs a tad on the small size, I'm thinking I'll be happier on an XL than an L. Giant sizes their frames similarly (larges usually run 18" on the seat tube) and I was definitely an XL on the XTC carbon hardtail.

#2 ·
If you prefer SS/XC then go for the XL......SC bikes tend to run a little small, especially in the toptube.

I am 6' w/ 32" inseam and loved the way the XL felt.....didn't feel nearly as big as you would think for a 21" frame. The frames run about 1/2 size small......21"=20" frame, 19"=18" frame, etc.

#3 ·
mtnbikej said:
If you prefer SS/XC then go for the XL......SC bikes tend to run a little small, especially in the toptube.

I am 6' w/ 32" inseam and loved the way the XL felt.....didn't feel nearly as big as you would think for a 21" frame. The frames run about 1/2 size small......21"=20" frame, 19"=18" frame, etc.
Thanks - I think it was one of your previous posts that made me lean towards the XL. Comparing the XL Chameleon geometry numbers to my large Yeti 575, they look very comparable and the Yeti fits me like a glove. XL it (likely) is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.