Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wickedracin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    237

    Certifying and testing the WR Dualrailleur Guide on the 07 Heckler

    We just finished Certifying and testing the WR Dualrailleur Guide on the 07 Heckler at the Santa Cruz headquarters this week here are a few pix of the new bikes. The new Heckler has a lighter swingarm, new front pivots, I have always been a Heckler fan and they just made a good thing better. Thanks to all at Santa Cruz for all the help. There is also a couple of pix of Joe Lawwill 07 Heckler. Former Masters DH World Champion and currently one of the main men at BikeSkills. There are more pix of the 07 Heckler and 07 Bullit on our website main page select More Pix
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Butcher
    Reputation: nickelbolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    520
    Great stuff.

    Now the only question is: How soon will they deliver my new Heckler to the LBS?? The wait is killing me.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wickedracin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by nickelbolt
    Great stuff.

    Now the only question is: How soon will they deliver my new Heckler to the LBS?? The wait is killing me.
    I know they are shipping... I guess it just depends where in line your LBS is as far as back orders.... good luck it is a great bike.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    54

    Dual Ring?

    Ok, I'll show my lack of knowledge:

    That chainguide is used with a dual ring. How does that work?

    I run a bash guard/dual rings on my 07 Heckler. When I am climbing and/or decending at times, when my rear shock compresses, my chain jumps either to the small ring or all the way over and off both rings. It commonly happens under load - and man, it hurts when my knee slams the bar, head tube, etc... What gives? Any clues?

    Will such a chain guide as above allow me to use my granny gear? (Though I make it my job to never use it, I just can't seem to ditch that chain ring, the derailleur, and the shifter yet).

    Thanks...

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wickedracin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by VARiderSR
    Ok, I'll show my lack of knowledge:

    That chainguide is used with a dual ring. How does that work?

    I run a bash guard/dual rings on my 07 Heckler. When I am climbing and/or decending at times, when my rear shock compresses, my chain jumps either to the small ring or all the way over and off both rings. It commonly happens under load - and man, it hurts when my knee slams the bar, head tube, etc... What gives? Any clues?

    Will such a chain guide as above allow me to use my granny gear? (Though I make it my job to never use it, I just can't seem to ditch that chain ring, the derailleur, and the shifter yet).

    Thanks...
    The answer is yes it is a Dual Ring system and the guide actually moves with the derailleur. The chain is also trapped between the bash guard so it can't fall off. The inner part of the guide hangs below the middle ring so it will not jump to the granny in rough conditions. here is a link to a little video of the Dualrailleur in action.
    Dualrailleur movie
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    54

    Dualrailleur

    Mark,

    That is a pretty interesting product. Thanks for the video link.

    Steve

  7. #7
    BLS439
    Reputation: BLS439's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    529
    If I get the Nomad I'm hoping for I think I'll be picking one of these up. I saw them at the Otter and was VERY impressed!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Franz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    432
    Nice. The kind of product you didn't know you needed, but when you have one, you can't imagine doing without. Are they available in the UK?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wickedracin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by Franz
    Nice. The kind of product you didn't know you needed, but when you have one, you can't imagine doing without. Are they available in the UK?
    Not yet we are talking with a Distributor in France, Race Company http://www.raceco-mtb.com/ but you can order one direct from us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •