mtbr member
    Jun 2006

CCDB, Gamut P20 & More!!

Everything that is new,

CCDB
    Gamut P20
    Thomson Stem
    Cane Creek +5 bottom cup

Confirmed that a Small nomad with a Cane Creek S3 +5 WILL clear the downtube with a Fox 36!! No need to go with a CK and the $25 Ventana crown race if you are on a budget!

PULL
    Did you just say budget and CCDB? Wait what? Haha!!

Nice bike!

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    Quote Originally Posted by NoManerz
    Did you just say budget and CCDB? Wait what? Haha!!

Nice bike!
    Oh yeah, if yer runnin' a CCDB then the rest of yer ride IS on a budget. Crown clearance was an issue for me too. My LBS shop rat recommended a Double Xc Flush mount headset from CC and it didn't allow the crown to clear, so I pulled the DH Pig pro from my VP Free and a set of reducers, (my large Nomad is 1.5), and all was good.

Nice build. Let us know what ya think of that CCDB......
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    So I've taken the bike out for the last 2 days and the difference from the DHXA to the CCDB has been night and day. The CCDB which im using at the recommended factory settings for a basic starting point is just awesome. The bikes tracks sooo much better andf it climbs so much better. Everything about it is superior, Ill write up and extended review of the shock once I get a few more rides in on it!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsrgod
    So I've taken the bike out for the last 2 days and the difference from the DHXA to the CCDB has been night and day. The CCDB which im using at the recommended factory settings for a basic starting point is just awesome. The bikes tracks sooo much better andf it climbs so much better. Everything about it is superior, Ill write up and extended review of the shock once I get a few more rides in on it!
    A DHXA to a coil CCDB - it BETTER ride superior, LOL! Isn't that like comparing apples to oranges? What I want to know is how a CCDB compares to a PUSHED DHXC. That would be a far more fair comparison at a lot more similar price point.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I would like to know as well, I was going to go that route but when I priced it out it ended up being more than the CCDB. This was going completely new route though, if I would have picked up one from eBay then I would have been a little cheaper.

I was also interested in the Rock shox Vivid

SC Junkie

Yes

I would also like to know, which does ride better?

Pushed DHX 5

New Monarch or Vivid

or?

CCDB.

Someone must know? TNC?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Hey Im looking into a Titanium Coil for this bike and I was wondering if a coil thats

2.12 Outside Diameter
    1.40 Inside Diameter

I measured the coil on there and it seems close but not spot on. Also I've never used a ti coil so should I go with the same exact weight, 350x2.5??

With out a doubt, the CCDB is a better shock than the PUSH'd DHX coil. The PUSH'd DHX coil will come to you set-up for a certain weight and certain riding style. The spring on the CCDB is the only thing restricting you from making the shock ride the way you want it, you can order the one you want, so it really isn't an issue. The range of adjustability is w/o parallel, (I've never ridden Avalanche or BOS), IMO. I love the "oil-bath old school Marzocchi fork feel" the DB has.

IMO, the only thing that is holding PUSH back from delivering a product equal to the CCDB is the inferior product that they start with - the Fox DHX. To me, this is evidenced by the amount of the DHX shocks that are being PUSH'd.

jus' my .02
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by man w/ one hand
    I love the "oil-bath old school Marzocchi fork feel" the DB has.

Niiiiiiiiiiice!!

As if I didn't want one enough!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by man w/ one hand
    With out a doubt, the CCDB is a better shock than the PUSH'd DHX coil. The PUSH'd DHX coil will come to you set-up for a certain weight and certain riding style. The spring on the CCDB is the only thing restricting you from making the shock ride the way you want it, you can order the one you want, so it really isn't an issue. The range of adjustability is w/o parallel, (I've never ridden Avalanche or BOS), IMO. I love the "oil-bath old school Marzocchi fork feel" the DB has.

IMO, the only thing that is holding PUSH back from delivering a product equal to the CCDB is the inferior product that they start with - the Fox DHX. To me, this is evidenced by the amount of the DHX shocks that are being PUSH'd.

jus' my .02
    Now have you had much saddle time with a PUSHed DHXC??? I need honest answers here (sorry to jack the thread) as I intend to snake a 6.6 SS very soon and the options are DHXC or CCDB (for more jingo). I have plenty of time with a PUSHed DHXC as I have one on my M3 and it IS smooth. Darren set it up for downhill racing tho and it's too plush for park jumps (which is why I'm getting a slopestyle bike). Do you think a CCDB would make for a good rear shock on a park/jump bike? Or would it be a waste as I'll dial a lot of platform anyway?

Thanks,

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gman086
    Now have you had much saddle time with a PUSHed DHXC??? I need honest answers here (sorry to jack the thread) as I intend to snake a 6.6 SS very soon and the options are DHXC or CCDB (for more jingo). I have plenty of time with a PUSHed DHXC as I have one on my M3 and it IS smooth. Darren set it up for downhill racing tho and it's too plush for park jumps (which is why I'm getting a slopestyle bike). Do you think a CCDB would make for a good rear shock on a park/jump bike? Or would it be a waste as I'll dial a lot of platform anyway?

Thanks,

G MAN
    I rode the DHX for about 6 months, then had it PUSH'd and rode it for a while, maybe...a few months, but with out a doubt, you'll want to get the CCDB. They don't really compare to each other....the CCDB makes a good shock for any bike IMO. Get the CCDB, if you don't like it, you can sell it so fast it'll make yer head spin. If it's the right size, I'll buy it from you for the right price.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    The more and more I ride the shock I love it, I want to go with a Ti spring but its sooo good right now I don't know if I want to change it out!!

mtbr member
    The more and more I ride the shock I love it, I want to go with a Ti spring but its sooo good right now I don't know if I want to change it out!!
    Good for U and thanks for posting and to man w/ one hand for his feedback. Now the only question is do I go for Ti or steel spring?

Cheers,

G

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Im working on the weight of my Nomad currently and today I decided to shave a TON of weight. I will be getting rid of my DeeMax Front wheel and my DT 5.1D laced to a 340 rear wheel and replacing them with the new 20mm Mavic Crossmax ST. Looking to go from about 2100g-2200g wheelset to 1685g wheelset, got a great deal too so I'm pumped about it!

mtbr member

Just ordered one up!

I just ordered up CCDB for my Nomad and was told that they don't offer the ti spring option anymore. They said that a RCS ti coil would work as long as it is the one for a (1.43" inner diameter)...the DHX ti coil would probably rub on the reservoir.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    That is correct thye dont carry the 2.5 ti springs. The DHX will most definitly rub the ID on it is around 1.38-1.40. They do offer a black sleeve for the shock body for free, just call Malcolm up and ask him about it!

FWIW, I'm running the CCDB off of my VP Free, had to get special hardware from Malcolm at CC. So my shock length is 8.75 x 2.75. This gives me 7.1" of travel, didn't really need or want 7.1" of travel, but it just worked out that way. (SC has shipped bikes w/this length shock, so it ain't an issue).

mtbr member
    May 2008
    mmmmm ...... i've justed ordered a ccdb with a ti spring !!!! . didnt order it through cane creek though, ordered it through a shop. I'm hoping it comes with a ti because i've paid for it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    It probably will, just make sure if its the shop that is ordering it seperatly they get one that is more compatable with the CCDB.

FWIW Cane Creek claimed they werent stocking 2.5 stroke Ti Springs anymore

You have to order them from a shop, jus' make sure you go ahead and get the "ti-spring condom" from CC for "protection".

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Whats this Ti spring Condom you speak of? I will have my Ti spring later this week and I might need one of those

Whats this Ti spring Condom you speak of? I will have my Ti spring later this week and I might need one of those

It's a "protective sleeve" to cover the shock body, to keep the spring from rubbing against it. A "Cane Creek Condom", if you will.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Oh ok, i got one of those coming

mtbr member
    May 2008
    i've been hanging out for my ccdb to show up ...... not in a hurry so much now. Just broke my collar bone and fractured my foot in a jump gone wrong. Jumped a little far and hit a tree Got lots of time up my sleeve now I'm going to order the "condom" too, thanks man w/one hand

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast