mtbr member
    Oct 2005

CCDB Air Base Tune for the Bronson?

Anyone have recommended CCDB Air base tune for the Bronson? I checked the CC site and the only had Blur LT and Nomad tunes listed.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Re: CCDB Air Base Tune for the Bronson?

Quote Originally Posted by MudBike View Post
    Anyone have recommended CCDB Air base tune for the Bronson? I checked the CC site and the only had Blur LT and Nomad tunes listed.
    Plus 1. Would very much like this info too.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    I set mine up with the base tune suggested for the Nomad. Initially I added 2 more clicks of LSC, but I've dialed that back. I'm super pleased with the CCDBa on my Bronson - it's been put through the ringer at Angel Fire, Winter Park, Whistler, and Keystone. I'm using a standard volume air can, weigh 180lbs and run 130-140psi.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    I was told CC will only offer base tunes for bikes where their shock is an OEM option. While that is not true it may be the policy going forward.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

Creepy tooth fairy
    Go with the Nomad base tune without a doubt. Ride it and make notes and then adjust to taste from there. I did the same thing when I bolted a CC DBAir on my Butcher and had it dialed after just a ride. If you are still lost go to The Lounge and ask Malcolm.
    the going won't get good 'til I'm good and gone

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I noticed the Intense Tracer 2 base tune may be a good starting point, too. It is VPP and has the same shock dimensions and rear travel as the Bronson.

bike addict
    Jan 2004
    buyer's bias aside, did you guys think the db air was a vast improvement over the stock fox? i'm having a hard time dialing in the fox to perform i want it to.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Did you ever hear back?

I'm running my Bronson C right at their recommendations (10 PSI pressure under my weight with rebound towards the middle) and it's working pretty well, but I could use more suppleness on uphill square edge bumps. Curious what kinds of improvements people are seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by chillindrdude View Post
    buyer's bias aside, did you guys think the db air was a vast improvement over the stock fox? i'm having a hard time dialing in the fox to perform i want it to.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    On my NomadC I started out with the base settings but decided that tuning this shock is what it is all about. After riding it for a few weeks, decided to try out the volume spacer. Made a ton of difference in performance and allowed me to tune it more to my liking. Set it at 28% sag, left the HSC on the recommended setting, knocked the LSC back 6 clicks from recommended, and dialed the rebound back to personal preference. Decreasing the LSC was awesome, providing excellent climbing traction and downhill performance at the cost of some pedaling efficiency.

mtbr member
    Bump! Anyone else care to share their settings? I've only been out for one ride on mine and started with the factory mid-tune.

I've since backed out all LSC, 0.75 turns slow on HSC, 4 clicks fast on LSR, 0.5 turns fast for HSR. All settings are relative to middle. I'm 155lbs geared and running 115psi with the XV can.

I'm not bottoming the shock on the drops at my local trail. I am rolling faster over root mats and such, and I do have a solid pedal platform. The rear rolls well over things while climbing, but loses plushness as speed picks up.

I think I will record my current settings and then dial in the Base Tune for the Nomad and go from there
    I have a black belt in MS Paint.

2013 Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon
    2013 StumpJumper FSR Comp Carbon 29er

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
    Bump! Anyone else care to share their settings? I've only been out for one ride on mine and started with the factory mid-tune.

I've since backed out all LSC, 0.75 turns slow on HSC, 4 clicks fast on LSR, 0.5 turns fast for HSR. All settings are relative to middle. I'm 155lbs geared and running 115psi with the XV can.

I'm not bottoming the shock on the drops at my local trail. I am rolling faster over root mats and such, and I do have a solid pedal platform. The rear rolls well over things while climbing, but loses plushness as speed picks up.

I think I will record my current settings and then dial in the Base Tune for the Nomad and go from there
    Any luck getting it dialed. Looking into getting a CCDBA for my Bronson. Is it that much of an improvement over the Fox?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmallory View Post
    Any luck getting it dialed. Looking into getting a CCDBA for my Bronson. Is it that much of an improvement over the Fox?
    Not yet. I only rode it once since the last outing. After I got back, I jotted down the above settings for records, and then dialed in the Base Tune for the Nomad C on Cane Creek's website. I'll give that a try on my next ride
    I have a black belt in MS Paint.

2013 Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon
    2013 StumpJumper FSR Comp Carbon 29er

mtbr member
    I'm still running the recommended settings for the Intense bike on my LTc. Haven't had a chance to actually dial it in per se - but after this weekend, I can very fairly and objectively say that this shock is on another level over the fox.