mtbr member
    Jan 2005

CC DB on a Heckler?

Does anyone know if the Double Barrel will work for an 06 Heckler? 7.875 2.25"?
    Any opinions on how well this setup would work? I currently have a 5th element on it. I would think it would be a big improvement if possible.

I emailed CC but also thought Id post here for opinions.

Thanks!

Just another FOC'er
    Hmmm, no answer yet huh?

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the CCDB is progressive. The Heckler with its falling rate design really benefits from a shock with progressive compression damping. I think you'd blow through the travel too quickly with the CCDB.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by .Danno.
    Hmmm, no answer yet huh?

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the CCDB is progressive. The Heckler with its falling rate design really benefits from a shock with progressive compression damping. I think you'd blow through the travel too quickly with the CCDB.
    Thanks for your input. I was wondering the same thing about the DB, if it would be too linear. But those shocks are supposed to be very tunable, so I'm still not sure. It's a pricey upgrade for sure. Another option I'm thinking about is picking up a DHX coil and having it pushed.

truth seeker
    Call or email Malcolm at Cane Creek. He can answer all of your questions about the CCDB.

malcolm@canecreek.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptile
    Call or email Malcolm at Cane Creek. He can answer all of your questions about the CCDB.

malcolm@canecreek.com
    Yeah he has been helpful, they can make a shock to fit my heckler and he said it was very tunable and it would work well. I was just hoping for some opinions of people who don't work for CC!

mtbr platinum member
    While the CCDB is a sweet shock, I think I'd consider a shock with position-sensitive damping characteristics (DHX-C, DHX-A, 5th, Swingers, etc.). As others have mentioned, a standard (though very tunable) speed sensitive shock like the CCDB might bottom excessively without extra spring rate.

I'd hang tight and consider the options that Darren at Push Industries will very soon be offering for the DHX-C. It's rumoured that he'll have several tuning options including an option that will allow you to keep the boost valve, which will keep some position-sensitivity to the damping.

Just my $0.02.
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.