Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Carbon Tall-mad

851 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  TheMachinist 
#1 ·
I want a carbon tall-mad. Just got finished drooling over the banshee prime and think Santa Cruz needs in on the AM 29er market nitche.

Think about it,29er roll over anything inertia, stout carbon layup, fully triangulated rear, vpp, iscg tabs and say 140 mm of travel to match the new-gen fox 34 29er forks..... Oh baby. One bike to rule them all.

Just thought I would throw that out there in case anyone corporate might be listening:) :) :) :)

#2 ·
Can the rear triangle of a TB be made to fit a NomadC front triangle w/ some custom links, and still get 160mm rear movement?
That would be a recockulous combo w/ a 36 for a 29er! :D

#6 ·
Gravitythief76 said:
The prime seems to have come out ok in that regard. Besides you can still have your 26er. I didn't say replace it, just suggested another option.
Yeah I know you're just throwing out another option. I was just alluding to the fact the Nomad already has long seat/chain stays. With 29" wheels, it would be almost on par with a tandom! :p

#7 ·
Funny I was thinking the same thing too.

Now that I own a 29er, I hardly ride the nomad anymore. Still love the nomad, can only think of a few places where I would prefer the 26" wheels.

I wonder what would happen if someone swap the rear triangle from tallboy over to a nomad, and ran a 29er 120mm plus fork on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.