mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Carbon Nomad play in linkage?

Just wondering if anyone else has this happening on their Carbon Nomads.

When I lift up on the frame, there seems to be some vertical play in the linkage? Never had this happen on any other bikes I've owned.

I dream on two wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by coiler_guy View Post

When I lift up on the frame, there seems to be some vertical play in the linkage? Never had this happen on any other bikes I've owned.
    You probably need a new DU bushing where the shock connects to the carbon link. The stock ones don't last too long. I had to replace it on my alum Nomad after a few months and I am waiting for play to develop on my carbon nomad. Fox makes a heavier duty bushing that will last a lot longer. There are some other threads about this with some more detailed info. I just brought mine to the LBS and asked them to replace it with the better one.

-Simon
    Whiskey

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by coiler_guy View Post

VPP bikes seem to eat DU bushings at the rear shock mount. I just installed a RWC needle bearing kit at this location as I got tired of replacing bushings. Nice product it seems, we'll see long term.
    "Do not touch the trim"

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivet View Post
    VPP bikes seem to eat DU bushings at the rear shock mount. I just installed a RWC needle bearing kit at this location as I got tired of replacing bushings. Nice product it seems, we'll see long term.
    Ya just replaced my DU after only 4 months on my tallboy. How is the RWC working? I've heard they have a little bit of play in them...is that true? Which bike do you have?

mtbr member
    I've noticed the same play on my Blur LTc. Is it easy to replace the DU?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by marko_tarrant View Post
    You need a special tool to press the bushing into the shock. I just bring the shock into the shop and they do it. when you remove the shock, the reducers should be tight...if not, then that means you need a new bushing...bring the reducers with you to the shop.

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by marko_tarrant View Post
    If you are mechanically inclined and have a bench vise and some sockets it is a 10 minute job. I've done so many over the years I can literally do it in 5 minutes, takes longer to R&R the shock.
    "Do not touch the trim"

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
    Ya just replaced my DU after only 4 months on my tallboy. How is the RWC working? I've heard they have a little bit of play in them...is that true? Which bike do you have?
    I'd read they had play also (mostly the BETD ones) but it seems now they (RWC) provide two inner rollers that are +/- a few .000, my + roller fit snug without play and stayed that way after the first ride, again time will tell. Also, this is on a Blur LTc.
    "Do not touch the trim"