Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 73 79 80 81 82 83
Results 2,051 to 2,066 of 2066
    KJL
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012

My nomadc

Carbon Nomad Gallery-image.jpgCarbon Nomad Gallery-image.jpgCarbon Nomad Gallery-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KJL View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	881837Click image for larger version. 

Views:	167 
Size:	181.5 KB 
ID:	881839Click image for larger version. 

Views:	181 
Size:	167.4 KB 
ID:	881840
    That is a sick bike!

The difference in running your usual 26" front and a 650b front won't be too drastic, you may or may not find you need to slide your set forward a few mm's. I'd leave everything the same at first, then change one thing at a time. Worst case, if you hate it, you have to resell a wheel/tire and maybe a tube.

Meant to address your other original question on the Pike...If you're going to swap forks, I'd recommend having a look at the new X-fusion Metric...again tho, change one thing at a time!

KJL
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Thats what im gonna do, one thing at a time. starting with the rims, gonna give those lb carbon rims a shot.

unless I can get my 36 sorted, thats whats next, I wanna try the new talas/float carts, but im about to give up on fox..

....one thing at a time.... one day at a time....

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thats what im gonna do, one thing at a time. starting with the rims, gonna give those lb carbon rims a shot.

unless I can get my 36 sorted, thats whats next, I wanna try the new talas/float carts, but im about to give up on fox..

....one thing at a time.... one day at a time....
    I have always had issues with TALAS, usually for me the issue was the spring side. Convert it to float (cheap!) and it will work much better.

On the damper side, for comparison I've spent alot of my riding time the last two years on a VAN R 180 reduced to 160, I swear the plain R dampers ride better than their high end RC2.

I get my Metric in today, I'll post up pics after I install it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

A 'Unique' build ! - Version 2

For all the haters regarding post 2006.

With this wheel/tyre combo its almost a 27.5... ha ha who gives a **** !!!!

Carbon Nomad Gallery-2-side-flat.jpgCarbon Nomad Gallery-2-side-lhs.jpgCarbon Nomad Gallery-2-side-oblique.jpgCarbon Nomad Gallery-2-side-.jpgCarbon Nomad Gallery-front-wheel.jpgCarbon Nomad Gallery-rear-wheel-detail.jpg

KJL
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    How's that Bos fork, I heard they're the biznass..?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    How's that Bos fork, I heard they're the biznass..?

Great performance & loving the 1-2 year service intervals - gotta love that !!!

mtbr member
    Hey Carbon Nomad owners, have any of you had issues with the infamous cracks around the pivot inserts due to disbonding? I'm looking at a used 2011 Carbon Nomad, but I want to know if that issue was limited to the Blur/Tallboy, or if it stretched into the Nomad line up as well. I'm in a tough spot, not sure if I should look into this bike or just move on.

KJL
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    nope, my upper linkage itself started a small hair line crack but sc replaced it no problemo. and I rode on it for a while and it never got worse, through muck too.. thinking it was just cosmetic.

mtbr member
    In Italy we have information about these warranty replacements: SC says he has no more Old carbon Nomad L frame and replace whit New carbon Nomad Frame 27.5 but whitout schock..... What do you think? The same thing happens there too?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Had a crack on my 2011 white nomad, SC replaced without question, great service.

mtbr member
    The issue for me is that I won't be an original owner, so the warranty doesn't apply. Looks like I may need to stretch my budget and start looking at the new hecklers instead of used stuff, keep finding issues with all of it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pkb4112 View Post
    Hey Carbon Nomad owners, have any of you had issues with the infamous cracks around the pivot inserts due to disbonding? I'm looking at a used 2011 Carbon Nomad, but I want to know if that issue was limited to the Blur/Tallboy, or if it stretched into the Nomad line up as well. I'm in a tough spot, not sure if I should look into this bike or just move on.
    My 2011 Nomad developed the crack. While this issue only affected a small number of frames, it was a well known issue with these frames as well as TRc, etc. (My TRc also developed a crack - guess I'm just lucky). So, it's a small risk, but a risk nonetheless.

mtbr member
    I called Santa Cruz and they told me I should walk away from the bike because the risk of pivot insert cracking/disbonding. Pretty sad when a company has to tell people not to even consider their product, but at least they were honest. I think I will need to stretch my budget and get a new heckler. It won't be at the same caliper of bike, but at least I'll get a warranty in case Santa Cruz has another manufacturing epic fail.

Transition Blindside v5

used 2011 Nomad Carbon (white/medium) with PUSH link

A couple of questions on the cracks, please...

infamous cracks around the pivot inserts due to disbonding
    circular cracks around the pivots
    Does anyone have pix of those pivot cracks (so that I know what to watch out for down the road)? (Mine seems fine - so far so good.)

a well known exposed area on all VPP bikes
    buy one of the guards that people have been mentioning
    As for the area underneath lower link, does anyone have any info and/or pix of above-mentioned "guards" for this area (so that I can get one)? I put some white Velcro strips (soft side) to ever-so-slightly soften the blow & protect the chipping for now.

I've been enjoying the ride since I picked up an used 2011 Nomad Carbon (medium) with a PUSH link 3 weeks ago. It's 35lbs 15oz, as pictured. (Remember a good-ol' "Nightcrawler"? Hahah!) Hopefully no crack issues with my used '11.

One thing I've encountered so far is the headset keeps loosening, though. I'm using the same Cane Creek zero-stack on top (with same fork/starnut) carried over from my previous bike, which never saw this issue before. Weird...

Great ride!
    - PiroChu
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbon Nomad Gallery-20140528_201056.jpg  

Carbon Nomad Gallery-20140517_161822.jpg  

Carbon Nomad Gallery-20140517_161957.jpg  

Carbon Nomad Gallery-20140529_103147.jpg  

Carbon Nomad Gallery-20140528_201146.jpg  

Last edited by PiroChu; 05-29-2014 at 12:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Just to update, I went and checked out the bike today, and it had the pivot cracks already. :/ Oh well.

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 73 79 80 81 82 83