Page 72 of 83 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2066
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris9888 View Post

Frame: Santa Cruze Nomad Carbon (Medium)
    Shock: CCDB coil (Ti-Spring 2.5 x 350 lbs)
    Fork: Fox Talas 36 TALAS FIT RLC Kashima
    Handle bar: Deity Dirty30 handlebar
    Stem: Point One Split-Second
    Seatpost: KSi950R
    Saddle: WTB Rocket saddle
    Headset: Chris King Headset
    Hubs: Chris King
    Rims: ZTR Flow Wheelset
    Tires: Hans Dampf 2.35 Tubeless (Front), Nobby Nic Evolution UST 2.25 (Rear)
    Brake: XT Brake set
    Groupset: XT Groupset
    Chain guide: MRP LRP
    Pedal: Point One Podium
    Weight: 32.40 lbs (14.70kg)
    You can use KS remote as ODI clamp
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, you must keep moving ahead.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Im planning to switch back to 2X10 from 1x10 , anyone has good experience with the MRP 2x10 Guide / E13 TRS+ Dual guide with xtr shadown plus ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikzzz View Post
    Im planning to switch back to 2X10 from 1x10 , anyone has good experience with the MRP 2x10 Guide / E13 TRS+ Dual guide with xtr shadown plus ?
    I had terrible luck with the E13 TRS+ dual with a SLX (non plus). The chain would get dropped to the outside requiring me to stop and remove the pully to reinstal the chain. Also broke one of the pully cages and had to order a new one. I switched to a BlackSpire and it is working flawlessly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikzzz View Post
    Stinger + Bash =
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Here are a couple of updated pictures of my NomadC... I swapped out:

Handlebar
    Headset Cap
    Brake Rotors
    Derailleur cables
    Seatpost clamp

Yes, everything red (except for the Elixir CRs). I've had it now for about 3-4 months, and despite a nasty crash that ended with broken ribs, it's easily the most fun bike I've ever been on. Damn sexy looking too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    ^ sex machine

mtbr member
    ^agree. nice color theme you got there!

sorry to post this here but this is a nomad thread...
    i am seriously considering getting a nomad and i love the red crank bros opium wheelset. i've seen opium wheels on a number of nomads on the net (aluminum & carbon). the opium comes with a 150mm rear hub while the nomad comes with a 135mm rear. how do they make it fit then? thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeChat View Post
    You can use KS remote as ODI clamp
    Thanks for the tip

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Just got a good deal on an XL 2011 NomadC and it should get to me in 2 weeks. I already have most of the parts from a swap off my old setup. My only concern is the RP23 as i am around 260lb heavy. Is there any way i can make the RP23 work? Or any air shock that can carry my weight and actually make for a decent ride? vivid air maybe? Ccdb? Or is coil the only way for me to enjoy this new setup?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

how slack is your nomad c?

woundering how slack are most of the nomad c's running right now?

mine- 180van fork, inset headset=66 degrees

anyone else running slacker?
    whats your set up?
    how you like it?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DexTan View Post
    Just got a good deal on an XL 2011 NomadC and it should get to me in 2 weeks. I already have most of the parts from a swap off my old setup. My only concern is the RP23 as i am around 260lb heavy. Is there any way i can make the RP23 work? Or any air shock that can carry my weight and actually make for a decent ride? vivid air maybe? Ccdb? Or is coil the only way for me to enjoy this new setup?
    Man, if you were closer and it didn't require shipping, I'd trade you for my Monarch RT3. I'm a little lighter (180lbs) and wouldn't mind having a RP23 at all due to the climbing out here in Colorado. If we ever get snow and I have a couple of weeks of no riding, I'd be glad to swap shocks if you're interested.

mtbr member
    Take a look for people who have had the RP23 tuned. They ship with L/L tune for Nomads and for heavier riders I hear people have had better luck bringing up both tunes. I'd give push or similar a call and see what they think.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    If your going to go for an air shock
    Vivid air is the one to go for. I weigh 195 and run about 210 psi tho so pressure would be up there for you. Go for a m/m tune. I didn't like the way a coil and push link limited the bike for me on the uphill but I'm weird I guess...I didn't like the bike at all with a 180mm fork either....bb gets too high and the bike loses a lot of its maneuverability.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bhigdon101 View Post
    woundering how slack are most of the nomad c's running right now?

mine- 180van fork, inset headset=66 degrees

anyone else running slacker?
    whats your set up?
    how you like it?
    Running slightly slacker, and LOVE it. Float 36 160mm up front with 2-degree of headset adjustment. Angle-finder shows my head angle at around 65-ish. BB was lowered slightly to 13.8".

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks for the replies guys, i'll look at the Vivid Air option first, shipping the RP23 to Push mit cost me as much as a new shock i believe.

Speaking off headsets, i ordered an Inset 5 for my tapered Talas, my friend says a zero stack bottom cupped headset won't work as the fork's crown would hit the downtube at full turn, he says it's true for his Blur LTc, is it the same for the NomadC?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker831 View Post
    If your going to go for an air shock
    Vivid air is the one to go for. I weigh 195 and run about 210 psi tho so pressure would be up there for you. Go for a m/m tune. I didn't like the way a coil and push link limited the bike for me on the uphill but I'm weird I guess...I didn't like the bike at all with a 180mm fork either....bb gets too high and the bike loses a lot of its maneuverability.
    A 'mad with a low stack headset (3mm) like the Cane Creek 110 will ride the same as if you had a regular stack Chris King and a 160 fork except it rides a whole lot nicer through the chunk. I suppose it depends on where you ride or what kind of trails though.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies guys, i'll look at the Vivid Air option first, shipping the RP23 to Push mit cost me as much as a new shock i believe.

Speaking off headsets, i ordered an Inset 5 for my tapered Talas, my friend says a zero stack bottom cupped headset won't work as the fork's crown would hit the downtube at full turn, he says it's true for his Blur LTc, is it the same for the NomadC?
    For a Nomad, you need: SHIS:ZS49/28.6|ZS49/30 (1.5" - 1-1/8" Conversion Standard)
    I run the 110 + Float 180 and it doesn't hit the downtube.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    May 2011

keep us posted about how you go with this. I am in the same boat weight wise and am looking at a CCDBA for the same reason.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
    For a Nomad, you need: SHIS:ZS49/28.6|ZS49/30 (1.5" - 1-1/8" Conversion Standard)
    I run the 110 + Float 180 and it doesn't hit the downtube.
    There is no ZS tapered bottom cup. He needs an EC if he's running a tapered fork. Right?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robsetsfire View Post
    There is no ZS tapered bottom cup. He needs an EC if he's running a tapered fork. Right?
    You cannot run a low stack headset with a tapered fork. Get a 1.125 straight if you want to run a Float 180 and not slacken/raise the front end.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mjb123 View Post
    keep us posted about how you go with this. I am in the same boat weight wise and am looking at a CCDBA for the same reason.
    I just got me a Vivid Air mid tuned, i would've grabbed either that or the CCDB air without hesitation but i got a nice deal with the Vivid Air first.

The CCdB's gold accents is just killer though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I've been following this thread for ages. Have now sold my mojo HD and built up a nomad carbon 2013 with 55rc3 ti- -2deg zero stack headset.
    Currently have a factory ctd adjust at the rear. Thinking about monarch plus or deuler (both with push link).
    First ride today. Very impressed, the nomad is much more comfortable.
    Will posts some pics up later.
    Does anyone use a push link with these shocks, also do the shocks HAVE to be pushed tuned?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo1 View Post
    I've been following this thread for ages. Have now sold my mojo HD and built up a nomad carbon 2013 with 55rc3 ti- -2deg zero stack headset.
    Currently have a factory ctd adjust at the rear. Thinking about monarch plus or deuler (both with push link).
    First ride today. Very impressed, the nomad is much more comfortable.
    Will posts some pics up later.
    Does anyone use a push link with these shocks, also do the shocks HAVE to be pushed tuned?
    Nice upgrade from the HD! Not liking the CTD??? The Push link only works with the RC4! The shocks you mentioned dont need it!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

nomadc

2013 nomad carbon large
    float ctd factory trail adjust
    marzocchi 55 rc3 evo ti
    -2 deg works zero stack
    m820 saint mech and shifter
    sdg post and leopard print saddle
    crossmax sx - which are dead , suggestions as replacement?
    easto 35mm bars and stem, 800 wide
    superstar grips 6 inch wide
    superstar spacers
    kope 203 floating rear
    formula 220 mm floating front
    lg1+ chainguide
    1070 26t rear
    raceface atlas am cranks, renthal 34t ring
    nevegal 2.35 dtc tubeless
    crank bothers mallet 3, eurobike edition
    avid crappy threes {until i decide what to buy).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbon Nomad Gallery-img_0261.jpg  

Carbon Nomad Gallery-img_0257.jpg  

Carbon Nomad Gallery-img_0258.jpg  

Carbon Nomad Gallery-img_0259.jpg  

Carbon Nomad Gallery-img_0263.jpg  

Last edited by waldo1; 12-11-2012 at 08:45 AM. Reason: adding photos

mtbr member
    Looks good! Def stands out from the crowd! Wondering how everyone is liking the CTD shock as I just bought one for a killer deal to try out!

Page 72 of 83 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 ... LastLast