Page 68 of 83 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2066
    b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by badbietz View Post
    They are stiffer but some of the reviews I've read say that they are not as noticeably stiff as the 36. They say you can feel a huge difference between the 32 and 36 where the difference between the 32 and 34 isn't as noticeable.

If you are running 26" I would recommend going 36
    I am running 26" tires on my Blur, but the problem is that I only want 140-150mm of travel, and the Fox 36's don't come that short (though I suppose I could shim them).

Either way though, my time on 26" wheels is limited. A TBLTc build is soon to be in the works, at which point I'll definitely be going with the 34 Float.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    finished my mini-V10! yeah!

put vivid-air instead of rp23 - and now nomad-c is alive, really great coil-like responsive feel
    10 days left for big mountains
    will post some photos later if anyone interested in miniDH nomad-c 32.5lbs

mtbr member
    I just put a FLOAT CTD shock on my Nomad C and although I only have one ride on it, I really like it. It's the first Fox shock I've owned which I haven't had to run wide open, the Trail setting is pretty awesome.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    i really like those CTD reviews..maybe i get one later for XC\Trail times...i just really think that stock RP23 is rubbish - i have it on 25-28% sag, firmest settings and it's blown to 80% travel on small bunny hops, and it has that lazy feel i had on my previous bike with Monarch rt3

keep us posted mate

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Pictures please! I'm right about to order one, and I would love to see how others have built it into a mini dh rig!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    my pics of mini-v10 would be on next week - vivid air is gone for rebuild (changing volume to low - for more progressive work)

specs a basically these (your input is welcome)
    Nomad carbon large + Hope pick and mix headset (external bottom cups for slacker HA)
    Vivid Air R2C
    Lyrik RC2 DH Solo Air 170
    Shimano XT 785 brakes + Magura Venti Disk rotor 180 front (best rotor ever) + Shimano RT76 (rear)
    Shimano Saint M810-2 (22-36-bash)
    Saint M810 Shadow 9sp GS + SLX front derailleur + XT cassete (11-32)
    Answer ProTaper 780 handlebar + Odi lock-on grips (super grippy)
    Thompson Elite seatpost (will change it to KS Supernatural 150)
    Fizik Gobi XM seat
    +
    and for wheels i use
    Hope pro 2 Evo + Mavix EX 721 + Maxis Freeride Tube (290 g ) + Hans Dampf Trailstar (front)\pacestar (rear)

btw, i have Campagnolo Record C9 chain which is very strong in reliable (broke many chains in the past) which i strongly recomend

mtbr member
    New 2013 colors are available in TRC (I've seen matte black and it's amazing)
    Does anybody know if Carbon Nomad will have new color options for 2013 frames?
    Licensed to confuse...

Riding dirt since 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by lock-n-load View Post
    Pictures please! I'm right about to order one, and I would love to see how others have built it into a mini dh rig!
    Spent 3 days @ Northstar while I was @ Lake Tahoe a couple of weeks ago. Hit tons of jumps and up to 4' drops-bike rode great. Also did a week of XC/AM in the Bend and Hood River areas of Oregon. Bike is a AM fiend. Weight with 2.5 Conti Deisels was ~31.5lbs. Those are Maxxis Minions in the pics. The Contis aren't up for DH use.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbon Nomad Gallery-img_0512.jpg  

Last edited by lifer; 07-26-2012 at 10:19 AM.
    Med. Nomad C for sale

mtbr member

Nomad '13MY green

Well after 3 years of dreaming i finally bought one, to complement my BXcC.
    Not as light as i'd hoped at 31lb's but its built the way i like for now, still tweaking/tuning, need to chop the steerer & drop the bars a little. Someone said Blue & Green should never be seen, (so i'm waiting for the haters)...may have over done it with a few of the blue bits,but they will do for now, all carry over parts from my '09 Alu white Nomad (med) this Large fits much better & can take the stick you give it, just what i wanted!
    Maybe a Tb LTc or a Trc next??

Forgot to mention this is i am told one of the first 2013 in the UK, 142 Bolt thru rear end, with DT squer, new bottom link like the TRC (nipple at angle) came with RP23, NOT CTD :-(
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    For Sale- Blur XCc'11+fox 120
    Litespeed Ardennes '09,
    Xc/Trail - Solo C Black
    AMl- Nomad C Green '13+36's

Zombie Uprising
    +100000000000

Sick build mate, how does it ride through UK summer weather, so far?!!

mtbr member
    Thanks, glad someone likes it, that pic was its first outing !
    I shouldn't have taken it to a bike park for the first ride, especially after months of rain & the first dryish spell, hardpack with wet slime over the top can be sketchy, but we live & learn.
    I took it easy for 4 runs, then opened the throttle, took a berm on the wrong line, then slid for 3meters & hit the deck hard, still clipped in ! bruised hip, thigh, ribs, arm, shoulder & twisted back a little, & slashed my other knee, sods law on the day you forget the knee pads, haha...needless to say i took it out for a more "pedally" trail centre ride a cpl of weeks later & loved it.
    Litespeed Ardennes '09,
    Xc/Trail - Solo C Black

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
    Well after 3 years of dreaming i finally bought one, to complement my BXcC.
    Not as light as i'd hoped at 31lb's but its built the way i like for now, still tweaking/tuning, need to chop the steerer & drop the bars a little. Someone said Blue & Green should never be seen, (so i'm waiting for the haters)...may have over done it with a few of the blue bits,but they will do for now, all carry over parts from my '09 Alu white Nomad (med) this Large fits much better & can take the stick you give it, just what i wanted!
    Maybe a Tb LTc or a Trc next??

Forgot to mention this is i am told one of the first 2013 in the UK, 142 Bolt thru rear end, with DT squer, new bottom link like the TRC (nipple at angle) came with RP23, NOT CTD :-(
    Great looking bike. I kind of wish I had bought the green frame.... the black is nice but a little boring.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    @gticlay - thanks for comment, took me long enough to get round to it.
    Once i built it up with all the blue parts i did wonder if i had made the right decision, as i always wanted the black/gold to go with the blue bits.
    Then when the black/blue came out i was torn between that & the green, dont think you can go wrong either way, they are amazing bikes whatever colour.
    Litespeed Ardennes '09,
    Xc/Trail - Solo C Black

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    guys, need help
    which front der i should use for 2x9?
    i'm running 36 front + 11-32 rear, and chain along with front der makes noise on 50% of my gears and it drives me nuts

my mechanic says i should try front derailleur with some mount style. and due to long lever (where cable mounts to der) my shifter might broke in some time

anyways, can you please give a hint which model exactly should i use?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by theDen View Post
    guys, need help
    which front der i should use for 2x9?
    i'm running 36 front + 11-32 rear, :
    What front der are you currently running and what cranks do you have?

I believe Nomads are designed to fit Shimano only (I've heard of people making SRAM work but it is a little funky). Also from the website it should be a Top Swing, Top Pull der. Most people run the low multi clamp model like XT M785 or XTR M985.

The other thing to consider is your cranks, are you running 2x with a bash or dedicated 2x cranks? If your running 2x with a bash most likely they are 3x cranks and thus have 3x spacing. If this is the case you would want XT M780 or XTR M980.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    i've got Saint cranks (FC-M815-2 Crankset) which are 22-36-bash.
    on prev frame i had SLX cranks converted to the same configuration and after putting saints - i didn't have to reconfigure my derailleur - so i guess you right about spacing thing.

i can't tell you exact model of my SLX front derailleur as bike is packed for trip

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    but, XT FD-M780 is 10 sp.
    i know it's compatible with 9sp, but 10sp chain is narrower than my 9sp - would there be chain rub?

mtbr member
    I think I have a derailleur that works perfectly on the Nomad at home - XT or XTR (if you are using a 3X crankset as a 2X with bash. PM me and I'll get you details.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Hello Guys never posted before, but after some deliberating I have taken the plunge and a new carbon Nomad is on order. Spec as follows;

Frame 2013 Nomad Carbon in Lime Green with 142/12 rear end (large)
    Rear Shock Cane Creek Double Barrel Air
    Headset Cane Creek 2012 40 Tapered Headset
    Bars Easton Havoc 750mm
    Stem Hope 50mm Downhill
    Forks Fox Talas FIT RLC 160mm,Kashima in Black - 20mm bolt through
    Wheels Crank Bros Iodine 2013 UST Compatible
    Tyres Nevegal DTC 2.35, UST
    Brakes Shimano 2013 785 Disc Brakes 180mm Fr & Rr
    Rear Derailleur SRAM XO
    Crankset * SRAM XO - 38-24 tooth
    Chain XO PGC1091 Hollow Link
    Shifters XO 2x10
    Seat Post Rockshox Reverb
    Chain Device Gamut P20- Dual ring with bach guard

Can't wait for it to arrive (will probably be three weeks or so :-( ), anyone have any experience of setting up the CCDB air?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Hello Guys never posted before, but after some deliberating I have taken the plunge and a new carbon Nomad is on order. Spec as follows;

Frame 2013 Nomad Carbon in Lime Green with 142/12 rear end (large)
    Rear Shock Cane Creek Double Barrel Air
    Headset Cane Creek 2012 40 Tapered Headset
    Bars Easton Havoc 750mm
    Stem Hope 50mm Downhill
    Forks Fox Talas FIT RLC 160mm,Kashima in Black - 20mm bolt through
    Wheels Crank Bros Iodine 2013 UST Compatible
    Tyres Nevegal DTC 2.35, UST
    Brakes Shimano 2013 785 Disc Brakes 180mm Fr & Rr
    Rear Derailleur SRAM XO
    Crankset * SRAM XO - 38-24 tooth
    Chain XO PGC1091 Hollow Link
    Shifters XO 2x10
    Seat Post Rockshox Reverb
    Chain Device Gamut P20- Dual ring with bach guard

Can't wait for it to arrive (will probably be three weeks or so :-( ), anyone have any experience of setting up the CCDB air?

Yes, you can get the setup starting points from Cane Creek DBAIR Suspension | Double Barrel Rear Shock If you don't know what to turn which direction to get your shock to do something a little different, they are super helpful on the phone.

That's gonna be one helluva bike!
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks gticlay - I'll take a look.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Just got my 2013 Nomad Carbon with the CTD shock, Lyrik fork should be here any minute, expect to have it built up over the weekend.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    God the green is sexy. Have fun with the build!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Big Rossatron, is it 142x12 already?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by theDen View Post
    Big Rossatron, is it 142x12 already?
    Yes it's the 12x142 axle. I had to pay extra for the CTD shock but they should be standard in a month or so apparently...I didn't want to wait

Page 68 of 83 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 ... LastLast