Page 63 of 83 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2066
    Fence guru
    Nov 2008
    and her baby daddy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbon Nomad Gallery-bikes-036.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
    You might mean C, I have Fox Float 180mm on mine
    You ever post up those fender pics?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jason333 View Post
    You ever post up those fender pics?
    No, but maybe I will tonight.
    "It looks flexy"

Flying to the Rescue!
    Where in Bakersfiels is this run at??? I know bakers has a ton of tracks and one I've been too is Mr. Toads, awesome run. Let me know wassup.

mtbr member
    Updated my formerly white fork 2011 Float! New uppers, a black 2k paint and new decals! Best upgrade is the Mobil1 synthetic oil in the air chamber side! Fox green used in the damper side. I pulled maybe 10ml out of the damper side??? The fork is super subtle now, the small bump is amazing and im now using full travel![IMG]blk1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]blk2.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbon Nomad Gallery-blk1.jpg  

Carbon Nomad Gallery-blk2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Updates for 2012: XTR cranks, Angleset with -1 cup, Reverb with Enduro collar, Fork upgrades: Talas->Float upgrade, SKF Low Friction seals, custom tuned damper (for gravity enduro), 2012 fork decals, Shock upgrades: RWS Needle Bearing kit for rear eyelet

Weight: 30.8lbs / 14.0kg

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    Over on the All Mountain thread some one posted that they called Santa cruz and asked about the nomad going to 12x142. He said they told him that it's coming, but wouldn't give anymore info about it. Maybe for 2013?
    Maybe... In fact Santa Cruz has already showed the new 12x142 standard on this blur ltc at Sea Otter, so I expected the same for the Big bikes of the brand...

Seeing the new german bikes (liteville, alutech fanes and many more) I think Santa should revised the geos from the Nomad (More Head Angle 66š with 160mm fork) and Increase the seat angle to 73-74š...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianoMTB View Post
    Maybe... In fact Santa Cruz has already showed the new 12x142 standard on this blur ltc at Sea Otter, so I expected the same for the Big bikes of the brand...

Seeing the new german bikes (liteville, alutech fanes and many more) I think Santa should revised the geos from the Nomad (More Head Angle 66š with 160mm fork) and Increase the seat angle to 73-74š...
    If SC does this changes, it won't be a Nomad anymore.
    The original specifications in geometry makes this bike so special and different from others in the same category.

I was convinced you go for the evil......the importance of reach and stack, you know what I mean Bro!
    Licensed to confuse...

the refurbished one
    and the nomad doesnt need a thru axle.
    the rear is as stiff and often stiffer than other bikes with a thru axle rear end.
    Sokrates is dead, Galilei is dead, Newton is dead, Einstein is dead, Pantani is dead and i am feeling sick too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

muddy baby

Nomad dirt.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbon Nomad Gallery-2012-04-22-18.29.24.jpg  

Calm Like a Bomb
    For those of you who have gone from a Nomad2 to a Nomadc, is there any difference in the reach between same sizes? The specs on the SC sites are identical but I have heard that the reach is a tad longer on the Nomadc.

Still debating on colour but green is in front at the moment. Here's some PS of what it will look like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbon Nomad Gallery-p4pb7979617.jpg  

Carbon Nomad Gallery-p4pb8091628.jpg  

Carbon Nomad Gallery-p4pb8091876.jpg  

V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pipes10 View Post
    For those of you who have gone from a Nomad2 to a Nomadc, is there any difference in the reach between same sizes? The specs on the SC sites are identical but I have heard that the reach is a tad longer on the Nomadc.

Still debating on colour but green is in front at the moment. Here's some PS of what it will look like.
    I didn't notice too much difference in reach. Are you seriously thinking about the switch?

Calm Like a Bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by macming View Post
    I didn't notice too much difference in reach. Are you seriously thinking about the switch?
    Yep.
    V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

Ninja Master Powers
    I love my blue on black Nomad C.

But after seeing the green carbon frame in shop if I had it to do again I'd probably go with the green frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pipes10 View Post
    Yep.
    Do it The NomadC rides a fair bit nicer than the Nomad A I had, granted it was a first generation.

Too bad I won't be up in Blue any time soon, otherwise you could take mine for a longish test ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Few updates to the beast

Its been awhile since I last posted my love, on page 13 I got a decent camera since then also. Most noticably new addition is the 2012 RC4 coil shock with enduro needle bearings. I have a 400 lb spring on but would like to try a 350 lb spring if anyone has one laying around that I can buy? Coming from a DHX air its definately a different feel and it seems to carry more speed and make the bike come alive and even pedals better, granted it is set up stiffer right now.

Talas fork has been working great but I find myself hardly using the talas feature to justify and I am looking at getting a 2011+ fox 36 180 RC2 coil. If anyone has one that wants to trade for my talas?

Reverb post died for the 3rd time and a bleed didn't help it ths time, rock shok was nice enough to send me a brand new one. Mine was the first version, while it was nice the revised post is even nicer, the black collar instead of chrome, revised stronger hose fittings and even noticed less micro side to side play right off the bat.

Put a XX cassette on in place of an XT and even got a pewter chris king lockring to match the hubs Most other things ive done are just for personal asthetics maybe minor or negligable performance upgrades that include swapped rear quick release for Chris king fun bolts, Tune fixed seat collar, Enduro zero ceramic derailleur pulleys, formula carbon brake levers, Ti bolts everywhere, stem, rotors, brake mount, seat collar, shifters, derailleurs, also trying out aluminum pedal pins... instead of the steel.

Once I dial in the spring weight I would like to get a ti coil, and things to come are coil fork possibly,black turbine chainrings, I need a new chain one of the links is bent on 10 speed XTR was thinking of a KMC X10SL DLC black chain, want to try a shorter stem...., want to cut steerer but holding off for now, push link want to try, oh and gonna get a black chris king ceramic bottom bracket as well when i can afford it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbon Nomad Gallery-001-copy.jpg  

Carbon Nomad Gallery-002-copy.jpg  

Carbon Nomad Gallery-004.jpg  

Carbon Nomad Gallery-005.jpg  

Carbon Nomad Gallery-003.jpg  

mtbr member
    Did you really have grips made that say Nomad C? Cool and weird at the same time
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Liberatorx Looks good! I have a 350Lb spring, PM me... Thinking of carbon cranks and bars and switching to 10sp. rear??? Hoping to have a Push link real soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbon Nomad Gallery-haydee.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by liberatorx View Post
    Its been awhile since I last posted my love, on page 13 I got a decent camera since then also. Most noticably new addition is the 2012 RC4 coil shock with enduro needle bearings. I have a 400 lb spring on but would like to try a 350 lb spring if anyone has one laying around that I can buy? Coming from a DHX air its definately a different feel and it seems to carry more speed and make the bike come alive and even pedals better, granted it is set up stiffer right now.
    I'm pretty sure I have a 2.5" Manitou spring sitting around. It's yours for pretty cheap.

What's your riding weight btw? I'm 210lbs and I ended up with a 450lb Ti coil on a CCDB for my Nomad C.

Calm Like a Bomb
    Did you really have grips made that say Nomad C? Cool and weird at the same time
    Nice, just saw that too. My clamps say Calm Like A Bomb (one word on each clamp).
    V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

mtbr member

Frame: Santa Cruze Nomad Carbon (Medium)
    Shock: CCDB coil (Ti-Spring 2.5 x 350 lbs)
    Fork: Fox Talas 36 TALAS FIT RLC Kashima
    Handle bar: Deity Dirty30 handlebar
    Stem: Point One Split-Second
    Seatpost: KSi950R
    Saddle: WTB Rocket saddle
    Headset: Chris King Headset
    Hubs: Chris King
    Rims: ZTR Flow Wheelset
    Tires: Hans Dampf 2.35 Tubeless (Front), Nobby Nic Evolution UST 2.25 (Rear)
    Brake: XT Brake set
    Groupset: XT Groupset
    Chain guide: MRP LRP
    Pedal: Point One Podium
    Weight: 32.40 lbs (14.70kg)

mtbr member

Small Nomad C
    Lyrik 2 step with DH cartridge
    Fulcrum Red Zone Wheels
    XT cranks
    XT rear der
    XTR fr der
    Formula K24 brakes
    KS i900r
    XT trail pedals
    CC XX headset
    Truvativ Noir carbon bar 27"
    Syncros 50mm stem
    Stinger chain guide
    Syncos bash guard
    Terry Dragonfly saddle
    Specialized 2.3 Eskar 2 and Ground Control UST (have a new set of Conti Trail King 2's in the garage waiting for these to wear out.)
    Narrow is the path to life, few are those who find it.

mtbr member
    Looks like a TON of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonblur View Post
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Looks like a TON of fun!
    Yeah it was great fun. The gravelly loose over hard pack made everything tricky. I will definitely go again.
    Narrow is the path to life, few are those who find it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by terrassabike View Post
    If SC does this changes, it won't be a Nomad anymore.
    The original specifications in geometry makes this bike so special and different from others in the same category.

I was convinced you go for the evil......the importance of reach and stack, you know what I mean Bro!
    The evil itīs a serius bike... but this nomad in XL size.. uhmm... a hard decision...

by the way...

Do we know the measures of the Reach and stack of this bike??

XL size if itīs possible...

Page 63 of 83 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 ... LastLast