Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    .5 now. Yep got that backwards. Slacken for decending

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    what an amazing bike.dites m'en plus sur votre beau nomad carbon?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    how does it feels with the spring on the shock?i will have a titanium one ....it could be fantastic....

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    There is a very good point a couple of pages back about front end height. I'm running 1 5mm spacer, 6 degree stem, and low rise sixc bars. I've been working down the height lower and lower over the last few weeks. I found I wasnt get as much front end grip in corners as I'd hoped and put it down to not enough weight over the front end.

Just wondering if anyone else has done any experimentation with front end height ?

Cheers.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    What shock size (length and stroke) does the Nomad C need? Is it the same size for air and coil shocks? Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by randan
    What shock size (length and stroke) does the Nomad C need? Is it the same size for air and coil shocks? Thanks in advance.
    Hey man - 8.5 x 2.5 and same size no matter the spring of choice
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gticlay
    Hey man - 8.5 x 2.5 and same size no matter the spring of choice
    Thank you

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX
    I would hate to see one after a few years use!Happy with my aluminum!!!
    this is a carbon nomad gallery post...who cares about your 1st generation aluminum nomad frame. get off the old and get with the new!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    After a few successful rides of forcing myself to resist granny gear, I decided to remove the front shifter, front derailleur, Blackspire Stinger & bashguard and convert to 1x9 and run an MRP mini-G2. Not sure if it was a mental thing before (using granny just because it was available), the VPP or just plain new bike stoke but this bike climbs fairly well with a non-adjust 160 fork...whatever the case, the carbon Nomad has been pretty rad and has made riding that much more fun. Whenever I take the Lyrik back to Isotune for service I'll probably have the internal spacers removed and pedal the whole 170mm. 29.15lbs before the switch so I'm guessing she's in the 28ish lb range now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbon Nomad Gallery-mrp-g2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbon Nomad Gallery-nomad-mrp.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo12
    Originally Posted by socalMX
    I would hate to see one after a few years use!Happy with my aluminum!!!

this is a carbon nomad gallery post...who cares about your 1st generation aluminum nomad frame. get off the old and get with the new!
    Yes, because he'll be totally jealous. It's like 3 people in the bike world think Santa Cruz couldn't have possibly have improved VPP1 with VPP2.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    BTW, been running 1x10 for quite some time now and since it's muddy here, I can't make it up everything I can ride up in the summer I need a 24 or 26 tooth granny to do it all.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    waou......amazing bike......

Big Test Icycles
    Lots of great pics of the carbon frames. Can anyone give some input on frame flex compared to an alum Nomad. I'm in the 230lb range and the Nomad Carbon or Alum is on my short list for next Spring.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime
    Lots of great pics of the carbon frames. Can anyone give some input on frame flex compared to an alum Nomad. I'm in the 230lb range and the Nomad Carbon or Alum is on my short list for next Spring.
    I'm the same range and had the Nomad AL for a while, then moved to the Carbon. The Carbon is extremely stiff - enough for a clyde to pay the extra coin for it. Especially the front triangle when you are doing berms that zig zag, etc. You'll really appreciate how the bike rides. Also, the RP23 with the stock tune works really well for me so you might not want to pay extra to upgrade the shock. JMO.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member

Clyde

I too am 235 lbs and have been riding a Mk1 nomad for last 5.5 years. Got a chance to short demo a Nomad C in the spring and It is immediately noticeably stiffer. A soon as i get the coin, I will be buildiing my last bike again from the Nomad C.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    WTF! All of you own Carbon Nomads yet there's only one review in the reviews section!! (And at least one in the wrong section.) Start writing and be a brother to those of us still on the fence. Please and thank you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnrunner
    WTF! All of you own Carbon Nomads yet there's only one review in the reviews section!! (And at least one in the wrong section.) Start writing and be a brother to those of us still on the fence. Please and thank you.
    For someone with only 9 posts and starting a reply with "WTF" I can't imagine anyone would want to help.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Bit of an update on mine... think I've pretty much finished tweaking.. only issue is dodgy avid front brake that I may change or something newer/lighter soon.

Bling parts all installed, sixc cranks, bbg ti bash, twenty6 flats.. hovers around 28.5lbs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSMarco
    For someone with only 9 posts and starting a reply with "WTF" I can't imagine anyone would want to help.

Ya! What he said!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by simonm
    Bit of an update on mine... think I've pretty much finished tweaking.. only issue is dodgy avid front brake that I may change or something newer/lighter soon.

Bling parts all installed, sixc cranks, bbg ti bash, twenty6 flats.. hovers around 28.5lbs.

That pic looks like it was taken in the UK..?

Nice Nomad.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaracer1501
    After a few successful rides of forcing myself to resist granny gear, I decided to remove the front shifter, front derailleur, Blackspire Stinger & bashguard and convert to 1x9 and run an MRP mini-G2. Not sure if it was a mental thing before (using granny just because it was available), the VPP or just plain new bike stoke but this bike climbs fairly well with a non-adjust 160 fork...whatever the case, the carbon Nomad has been pretty rad and has made riding that much more fun. Whenever I take the Lyrik back to Isotune for service I'll probably have the internal spacers removed and pedal the whole 170mm. 29.15lbs before the switch so I'm guessing she's in the 28ish lb range now.
    The back plate is quite a good colour match mate.

How do you find running the single ring?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2fire
    Yes it is the angle set. I got all the different angles so I can also slacken it if Im going to be doing more climbing. As it sits now it's at 66 degrees
    has it developed any creaking? does it get loose over time? happy with that setup so far?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by simonm

did your chain come off the guide? it's under the roller.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    indeed it is..... After a good clean following a typically muddy ride !

Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast