Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Carbon Nomad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a rumor that S/C will be showing off a carbon Nomad at Sea Otter....... can't wait to see her!

mtbr member
    When you have that many !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'s, you had better have a picture to back up your rumor.
    "It looks flexy"

abnormally aspirated
    Jun 2005
    ^ x2! LOL

I respectfully submit that you consider this thread utterly worthless without pictures.

But goddam that would be sick.

mtbr member
    Well, it might be worthless until Friday, when Sea Otter's going on. I doubt they'd do a debut for SO though, as they just came out with the new blur...

abnormally aspirated
    Jun 2005
    winkie was implied BTW.

TNC
    noMAD man
    If true, I wonder what that thing would cost?...Ouch!

www.AuburnBikeCompany.com
    i started a rumor of question...no facts...it wouldnt be a wise bizness choice if they dont even have anodized nomads avaible for all fill in backorders.

i bet its carbon blur lt or something completely different..

maybe carbon xc hardtail or who knows...v10?

all Kirt told me was that it was "something brand new never before seen"

Bomber
    Santa cruz is a bit unorthodox though. It'll be interesting to see what comes out.
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before, and to hear the lamentation of the women."

mtbr member
    Awesome! Now you get to pay 2x as much for minimal performance benefits! * high five *

Its not like the Nomad is really in need of a carbon model, so what would be the point exactly?
    Stuff.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dropmachine.com
    Awesome! Now you get to pay 2x as much for minimal performance benefits! * high five *

Its not like the Nomad is really in need of a carbon model, so what would be the point exactly?
    Actually, I think the nomad above all other long travel AM bikes needs carbon. Think of how many coffee drinking old men who ride them for XC and to the coffee shop there are, it fits the bill for a 6.5 inch travel carbon bike perfectly!

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=curtykills]i started a rumor of question...no facts...it wouldnt be a wise bizness choice if they dont even have anodized nomads avaible for all fill in backorders.

The Carbon units are produced by another outside vendor specializing in the carbon technology so the availability factor would vary from the current alloy production runs. As far as business decision goes I think it is wise. The target market is different due to the price point. By still offering single pivot, VPP and now carbon they have broadened their market. During this economic down turn I'm sure SC was able to negotiate a good contract with the vendor. Keep in mind many folk simply can't afford the carbon versions as they become available. As much as I'd love to own a LT2 or Nomad carbon unit I'd have to wait for sloppy seconds as I did for my LT2.

mtbr member
    Something never seen before from SC : Like a 29er carbon hardtail ?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by William42
    Actually, I think the nomad above all other long travel AM bikes needs carbon. Think of how many coffee drinking old men who ride them for XC and to the coffee shop there are, it fits the bill for a 6.5 inch travel carbon bike perfectly!
    Well, I know of one group that does that right now

Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    If true, I wonder what that thing would cost?...Ouch!
    Have we hit the $10,000 plateau in mtb yet? I have seen Spec getting dangerously close enough to the point where the numbers are no longer even and hover just under the 10k mark.

TNC
    noMAD man
    Hey...where and how I ride my carbon Nomad will be absolutely none of your business.

banned
    Unless you ride it with an arm made of titanium and an RP3 for an elbow, you're a sissy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    How about a carbon Heckler? for 2010 keeping the single pivot in the space age

based around a 160 fork

TNC
    noMAD man
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffus
    How about a carbon Heckler? for 2010 keeping the single pivot in the space age

based around a 160 fork
    Seems like it would defeat the whole motive and purpose of the Heckler...simplicity, value, durability. And no...I'm not spoiling for a carbon vs. aluminum durability debate.

mtbr member
    Seems like it would defeat the whole motive and purpose of the Heckler...simplicity, value, durability. And no...I'm not spoiling for a carbon vs. aluminum durability debate.
    There was another thread that discussed this... maybe a carbon rear swingarm with the standard Heckler5 front? Even if it was merely optional... For those with $$$ to burn, they could do a Ti front triangle too.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I get your point TNC , I suppose it would be a 2000 carbon frame (1200 alloy) instead of 3000 Carbon Nomad (2000 alloy) Blur Xc is 2300 and going up.

It would be nice simple and light

mtbr member
    I'm betting on a carbon 29er hardtail. Totally uncharted waters for Santa Cruz on both territories.

Bring on the Funk!
    Mar 2007
    The super-secret California way (think Apple) does not always serve them well. I purchased a Titus Racer X Carbon a week before the news was official. Had I known the Blur XC Carbon was about to sproing into the market I would have waited. The double wammy is that I really like the Titus and might buy another in the future. It's one thing to create anticipation, but at what cost to your own business?

Hmmmm

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Why would SC make a new Nomad, the Nomad 2 has been around for how many months? like 6? I would bet on a 4X, they took it off ther site, it was also the last bike to be the older generation of vpp.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Jan 2004
    wow...that is poetry and i am jealous i did not write that! very well said

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I am liking the sound of a carbon chameleon.

Happy in Happy Valley
    Jun 2008
    I'm not buying a DH/FR bike until they come out with the carbon V-10.

I'll also be holding my breath until it ships. Starting now.
    Rigid Surly 1x1 650b--------Fixed CrossCheck--------Surly Pacer-------Salsa Ala Carte

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast