mtbr member
    Oct 2006

bullit sizing again

hi,

i am 187 and in doubting between M and L.
    is there anybody my height who rides a M? i do mostly very steep singletrack.

mtbr member
    Im 5'9" and 185# I ride a new bullit med size. I also wasnt sure if I should get a large or med. I'm glad I went with the med. The bike, I feels great. Tall for a med with the 180mm shox on the front. The large may be to large or tall. Also the top tube on the med was the size I was looking for with the stem just about 24". After getting the med Im so glad I didnt go with the large as I wasnt able to test ride any of the sizes. Alot of money to dish out without being able to atleast sit on first. I have ridden the bike on all types of trails. Up and down steep and long single track. With that long travel front shox the steeper the better it likes it. A little adjustment in the seat height and its all good!

Good luck

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    interesting! can you fully extend your leg with a 420 seatpost when climbing?
    I compared the geometry of bullet and asx. a med bullit is about the same as a 19" asx. only the seattube length is 19 in stead of 17. the top tube on a L bullit would really be too long for me.

mtbr member
    Im not sure what proper riding position would be for you but you can have a full lenght seat post and go as low or as high as you want. I think their should be a slight angle of the leg at proper ride heigh. Although I never agreeded with that. I think ride height is different for everyone its what feels good for me and what type of terain Im on.
    I also looked at the asx and the 575. The yeti did seem alittle biger on paper. I never did get to try one. The 575 has almost the exact same geo as the bullit. I figured if the geo of the 575 was as close as it was to the 575 it would be a good alround bike. A tiny bit heavier than the 575 but worth it.

See if this lik will work. Its a spread sheet of the geomety of bikes in that category. They are all listed in a large. This is when I thought I wanted a large.
    Take notice in how the 575 is as close as you can get to the bullit.

http://www.einstederfamily.com/bike%20geo.htm
    Last edited by geinsteder; 09-01-2008 at 04:46 AM.