Thread: Bullit or Nomad

mtbr member

Bullit or Nomad

Hey guys, I was looking at buying a new bike and wanted some suggestions from those in the know. I'm somewhat of a novice, and my style isn't quite developed but I enjoy mostly Freeride / downhill and some singletrack in the woods. I was looking at either the Bullit listed here: http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp...t=19&brand=323
    or the Nomad listed here http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.a...+MOUNTAIN+BIKE .

I was also curious as to why cambria listed this nomad as the "classic"model, does that mean '08? 07? Any advice or comments appreciated.

mtbr member
    Go with the Nomad. I think the older bikes are US built.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Grab the Bullit mate! Bullits do everything way better than Nomads. Nomads are for guys with shaved legs and thongs cause they fit better with lycra. Bullits are for real tough guys that dont cry and shave with beer froth!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    true...

i just finished building up my bullit with new saint parts, codes and fox suspension (36vanRC2, DHX5) and it rides like hell!!! perfect bikepark toy and still good to ride uphill!

If you are not the type of guy who wants to go uphill for hours, i would suggest to take the bullit!

mtbr member
    Thanks guys, can you all suggest a good place to buy them online? I've been looking on speedgoat, cambria and complete cyclist, but just wondering if you all have any other suggestions. There is no LBS around here that carries SC

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I have an 08 large Bullit frame that has never been built up. It's red with 135mm rear end. I'd ship it to you in the US for $925 with a Thompson seatpost. tgrace1@tampabay.rr.com

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Cambria has the best price usually. If you can wait a little, there is usually 10% off everything deals at that website.

mtbr member
    I love my bullit. It is an 07 and weighs 36 pounds and I do everything with it. It climbs great and takes drops and rock gardens like a champ. Great bike for the mountains here in NC. The nomad is a great bike also and is perfectly capable of freeriding with the right parts. The Bullit has a shorter wheelbase and is lower maintenance and is definitely geared for more freeride type riding where as the nomad is more for all mtn . pic:
    [IMG][/IMG]

mtbr member
    Just ordered my Bullit, it's an 09 with the Rockshox Domain 318 UT fork and the Fox DHX 3.0 Coil in the rear and the R FR kit, powder coat black and I saved about $400 with the hook up Cyclers Cafe in Louisville KY. I'll post some shots when it gets in, thanks for all your input.

mtbr member
    Well, long time but here she is in the bunk:

and in the woods:

hangin out on the lift up the mountain:

the lines she romed on the trip:

All the photos came from Timberline Resort in Davis, WV a great downhill adventure for those who have not checked it out. Incredibly cheap for what they have to offer (stayed int he bunkhouse for 15$/ night and rode for 18$/day, lift passes included). I LOVE this bike! Be sure to talk to JR if you go, he is sure to point you in the right direction and even ride with you if he gets a chance out of the shop!
    2011 Santa Cruz Jackal
    2011 Trek 2.1
    2007 Santa Cruz Heckler

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Nice, nice, nice! Welcome to the brotherhood!