Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    82

    bullit or heckler

    which is a better all around bike the heckler or the bullit?, which one has a stronger frame?. im 5'7 so what size should i take for the bullit? for the heckler?. im going to be doing trails and some jumps.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: daisycutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by aljonn
    which is a better all around bike the heckler or the bullit?, which one has a stronger frame?. im 5'7 so what size should i take for the bullit? for the heckler?. im going to be doing trails and some jumps.

    heckler the bullet is not being made this year

  3. #3
    Whoaohohohoh
    Guest
    Well if you can get an older model bullit you should get a medium. I am 5'9 and ride a medium bullit.


    If your going to do some medium size jumps or drops and want to have an all day trail bike the heckler would be just fine for you. If you are going to be doing more freeriding stuff then the bullit is what you need.

    You have to figure out the trail you will be riding and what you want to do with the bike.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoaohohohoh
    Well if you can get an older model bullit you should get a medium. I am 5'9 and ride a medium bullit.


    If your going to do some medium size jumps or drops and want to have an all day trail bike the heckler would be just fine for you. If you are going to be doing more freeriding stuff then the bullit is what you need.

    You have to figure out the trail you will be riding and what you want to do with the bike.
    does the bullit fit you perfectly or is it a BIT small. because if it is it would be perfect for me. theres not much freeride stuff here but i like the bullit better. it looks like a bike that will give you confidence. is the medium frame and the small frame different because i have seen different looks on the bullit the large and medium has a curve near the seat tower

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,495
    The Heckler is a better all around bike and can handle all types of riding. The Bullit can be a good all arounder as well, but is stronger with slacker angles and is better suited for true freeriding than the Heckler.

  6. #6
    Whoaohohohoh
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by aljonn
    does the bullit fit you perfectly or is it a BIT small. because if it is it would be perfect for me. theres not much freeride stuff here but i like the bullit better. it looks like a bike that will give you confidence. is the medium frame and the small frame different because i have seen different looks on the bullit the large and medium has a curve near the seat tower

    Yea my medium fits me perfectly. I dont have any standover height though, which can be good or bad. The medium, large and x-large will have that bend on the top tube to seat tube. The small will have a straight top tube. The bullit is definately up for abuse and it will take everything that you give it.

  7. #7
    bump and grind
    Reputation: cobym2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    641

    ditto

    Quote Originally Posted by ronny
    The Heckler is a better all around bike and can handle all types of riding. The Bullit can be a good all arounder as well, but is stronger with slacker angles and is better suited for true freeriding than the Heckler.
    The heckler can even go xc. At the same time, you can slap on a double crown fork and not void the warranty. The bullit is stronger though, for obvious reasons. But I think the heckler is pretty strong enough for anything but sick stunts, especially if you're not a heavy rider.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,885
    Heckler = XC, trail, light FR. Bullit = trail, FR light DH.

  9. #9
    What are you looking at?
    Reputation: R1D3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    951
    Quote Originally Posted by keen
    Heckler = XC, trail, light FR. Bullit = trail, FR light DH.
    I'd agree with that...
    Orange Heckler

    Blue Pinscher

  10. #10
    Freeriding Feline
    Reputation: SuperKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,548

    Bullit/Heckler

    I am 5'7" and have a medium Heckler, HAD a medium Bullit. I used my Bullit for DH runs like Platty and Diablo. I found it a bit heavy for trails here on the East Coast. My Heckler is for that stuff!
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,661
    if you like a smaller bike run the small. im 5'11 and run a medium. Im right at the top of the size fitting for the frame, but a smaller bike for all around feels good. i come from a bmx background so thats why i prefer a bit more compact bike. I think there is only about 1lb difference in frame weights between hecklers and bullits. the big weight diff is in the builds. I say go bullit.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sway?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by keen
    Heckler = XC, trail, light FR. Bullit = trail, FR light DH.
    Perfect answer, although a Heckler with take a beating.

    PS... VP Free took the place of the Bullit.

    EDIT: as far as size, 5'7" will be a medium SC anything.

    Good luck
    Last edited by Sway?; 02-27-2006 at 08:51 PM.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Sway?
    Perfect answer, although a Heckler with take a beating.

    PS... VP Free took the place of the Bullit.

    EDIT: as far as size, 5'7" will be a medium SC anything.

    Good luck

    Actually, With more reviews pouring in the Nomad may be closer to the Bullit than the Free.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sway?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by keen
    Actually, With more reviews pouring in the Nomad may be closer to the Bullit than the Free.
    True, if you have no plans to DH.

  15. #15
    FishZapper
    Reputation: NoTreadOnMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperKat7
    I am 5'7" and have a medium Heckler, HAD a medium Bullit. I used my Bullit for DH runs like Platty and Diablo. I found it a bit heavy for trails here on the East Coast. My Heckler is for that stuff!
    The difference in weight is .7 lbs. I doubt the frame made it heavy.

  16. #16
    FishZapper
    Reputation: NoTreadOnMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    204
    In my opinion, there is not a more "all-around" bike made than the bullit. I have seen them in XC races and DH races. That says something to me.
    Dont get caught up in the weight game, because the difference between the two is negligable. If you ride a bullit at 6'' with a 5 inch fork up front, the geometry is not slack like an FR bike. It rides like a trail bike and as long as you get one with a platfrom shock, pedaling isnt bad either.
    If i could have only ONE bike for the full spectrum of riding, the bullit would be it.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,661
    nothing took place of the bullit,, the bullit will be back

  18. #18
    Cheesiest
    Reputation: intheways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,292
    Does anyone use their Heckler for riding lifts on a regular basis?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    828
    I would vote heckler. mine is rock solid, there is only 1lb difference in the frames. the new heckler makes almost 6"s of travel with a dhx. the bullit is a great bike too. but there is just something extra about a heckler i cant explain. you will be super happy with either bike im sure!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •