mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Bullit BB size?

whats the bb size on a bullit? thanks?

Photog Cyclist.
    68mm standard

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    sorry, should have been specific. spindle length is what i wanted to know.

Photog Cyclist.
    Use the BB spindle length that the crank manufacture says works with the crank!!!!!!!!Just a thought they know best

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    well i know the sindle length are differet for some bikes because of the bb shell width. Ill be swapping the build over and need to know if the bb is going to be compatible or if i need to get a new one.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddy_ryder
    well i know the sindle length are differet for some bikes because of the bb shell width. Ill be swapping the build over and need to know if the bb is going to be compatible or if i need to get a new one.

I use a 68 x 113 . Had that with my Shimani LX's & my current Truvativ Holzfellers.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    thats what i figured.. but come to find out, i DO have the bb i thought,, race face.. 63/73 118 spindle.. so it will fit the next frame

TNC
    noMAD man

I tried a 118 on a Bullit.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy_ryder
    thats what i figured.. but come to find out, i DO have the bb i thought,, race face.. 63/73 118 spindle.. so it will fit the next frame
    I take from your comment that you're not going to use the 118 in the Bullit which is probably a good choice. I tried one once and just that 2.5mm added on either side produced a lousy chainline.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    I take from your comment that you're not going to use the 118 in the Bullit which is probably a good choice. I tried one once and just that 2.5mm added on either side produced a lousy chainline.
    actually i was using it.,, didnt know it. but i also had a chainguide on. didnt really have any chain line issue either :dunno: