mtbr member
    May 2011

Bronson vs Mojo HD?

Currently have a Mojo HD and love it. I have been wanting to lighten the build on it, currently running a 180 Fork.

Or I can keep it as is and get a lighter build bike.

Just wondering if anyone has ridden both the Bronson and HD? Opinions? Is the Bronson the same, less, more.?

I'm looking for a faster climber but not quite ready to go to a XC 29'r.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Its kind of funny... I did a HD, Bronson Demo and own that XC 29er Tallboy youíre not quite ready to go to...

Anyhow... mileage may vary but my take was:

HD vs. Tallboy: On the Tallboy when out of the saddle and putting power down it is a very stable bike (Specially when doing this over the front handlebars) vs. the HD every time in the same position the bike became squirmy in the rear and I found myself having to throw my but over the back to get it to calm down. My take was everything that was natural on the Tallboy was in reverse on the HD.

HD vs. Bronson: The HD has the squishy "monster truck" thing... wallows (Could of played with suspension I suppose) but the Bronson in comparison was sharper when it came to feeling what was at the ground and steered quicker. Pointed uphill the Bronson was hands down a better climber.

Bronson vs. Tallboy: Going from one to the other was natural. However the Bronsonís true benefits and shined when pointed downhill and over terrain that would make the Tallboys Suspension all played out.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Nice, I find that I have to shift back on my HD when standing and climbing to keep traction too.

My Mojo HD has really good anti-squat and pedals quite firmly when hammering it........sounds like the Bronson may have the same or more?