mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Bronson Sizing Question and Headtube Length

I am noticing the headtube length on the medium and large Bronsons is 3.9. I figure I need a size large but am a bit worried that the headtube is gonna be too short and I wont be able to get the bars high enough. Seems strange to me that they would keep the same headtube length for medium and large. Plus, it looks like the headtube length on the large is only a half inch more than the small. Compared with the Nomad C which has headtube at 4.7 plus a longer fork, the Bronson headtube seems short. Am I missing something here?

I am 6 foot even but am pretty leggy and run my seatposts pretty high (with a dropper of course for the downs). Have been on large frames for the past 15 years and they work pretty well for me. Don't want to move into an XL.

I ride a large Mojo SL right now but I have 2.5cm spacers and am using the high rise (40mm rise) easton monkeylite to get my bars close to even with my seat.

I am worried that the headtube is going to be too short on the Bronson for me. Any thoughts.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Taller wheels, larger A2C on the fork, standover, keeping the bike agile, probably have something to do with it.

Look at the Ripley headtubes.