Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Blut LT2 Carbon - Fork advice needed !

736 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  smithrider 
#1 ·
Hi everybody,
I'm a newbie to this great forum and have a question...

I am the proud owner of a Blur LT2C frame (L), and am in the fun process of selecting components, but feel a bit unsure re. forks and would really appreciate some advice from you guys...

Here is a bit of background:
Height 1.8m ( 5'11")
I weigh 77 Kg (170 pounds)
Ride mainly XC but feel like getting a bit more adventurous.

I have a couple of sets of forks which would work, but in my desire to make the one-off ideal build, would upgrade if worthwhile ( that's where I need the advice!)

I have 2 sets of Revelations which are:
1st set: 2010 Revs Team U-turn 120-150, Maxle 20mm standard steerer
2nd set: As above, but standard 9mm qr, tapered steerer .

As the Blur has tapered headtube, I feel I want tapered steerer to optimize stiffness, but also would like 15mm or 20mm dropouts!
At my weight, should I get a new set with both tapered steerer and bigger dropouts?
The other option if I upgrade is Fox Talas or Float 15mm - which would be preferable out of the Fox forks and which fork overall would you guys recommend?

Thanks for any advice!:thumbsup:

See less See more
#3 ·
I am a LTc owner too and at the moment the 2010 Talas 32 150 (1/1.8) is on my bike.
However i have ordered the 2011 36 float (tapered) and will make it down sizing to 150 or 140.

I just feel that the 32 Talas a bit flexie for my riding style. (i am 6'1 and 196lbs) and love to have more stiffness at the front.

I still believe that FOX Forks are a overall winner in the market and also the new Kashima Coat took them to the next level too.

I will drop a report when i got the new fork which will be in two weeks.

#5 ·
Thanks for replies guys...

bikedrd,.. I like the idea of swapping the lowers and hadn't thought of that - one is black and one white but I did say I wanted a 'on off build' and might set a new trend! Is the Fox Talas 150 a-c lower than the Revs?

supermiya...yeah, I've heard a few people saying how good the 36's are with the LTc, I'm just not sure with my riding style and being a relative lightweight whether the fork weight and stiffness would be overkill.

rivet...that's the favourite choice, and seems all of you have confirmed what I was thinking - tapered steerer and 15 or 20mm axle.

Regarding maintenance (cost and recommended service intervals) and durability , are both companies fairly equal?

#6 ·
One other thing to possibly consider - if you use your Revelation with normal steerer, you may be able to slack out your bike later on if you want with a Cane Creek adjustable headset. I believe that I read that they are going to be offering an Angleset for this type of set up in the future.

Someone correct me if I have got this wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.