mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Blur XCc or TRc?

Been looking for a fun poppy jumpy short travel bike to pair up with my 33lb coiled Nomad that I use for high-speed rough trails and downhilling. The new bike would only really be used on relatively smooth trails where I can make them a bit more fun by playing with the relatively tame terrain.

How do these two bikes compare, solely in the 'jumpy/poppy/lively' aspect? Think bunny hops, pumping, jumps, berms, wall rides, etc.

Also, are the Blur XCc carbon frames being closed out anywhere? (link/phone?)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    No longer on the SC site or even the likes of Competitive Cyclist as a closeout.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Been looking for a fun poppy jumpy short travel bike to pair up with my 33lb coiled Nomad that I use for high-speed rough trails and downhilling. The new bike would only really be used on relatively smooth trails where I can make them a bit more fun by playing with the relatively tame terrain.

How do these two bikes compare, solely in the 'jumpy/poppy/lively' aspect? Think bunny hops, pumping, jumps, berms, wall rides, etc.

Also, are the Blur XCc carbon frames being closed out anywhere? (link/phone?)
    I'm a HUGE fan of the XCc! Give CO Cyclist a call, they have some 13's in stock. I'm sure they'll be willing to make you a deal.

mtbr member
    I would get the TRc because of the geometry and tire clearance. Or a Solo C.

Actually, I noticed a while back that *no one* has had TR aluminums in stock since the first wave sold out and they're not on websites either (such as Competitive Cyclist). How weird is that?

Release a new bike in January to much hubbub, sold out by April, then in June the Solo arrives and everyone forgets about the Blur TR.

mtbr member

Re: Blur XCc or TRc?

If you are not getting just a frame and if you are not heavily invested in 26", why not to go with Solo?
    It is a newer design and can be build light.