mtbr member

Blur XCc officially gone???

Anybody know for sure? I can google and find it, but it's gone from the current lineup of SC XC bikes. Super bummed if it's officially gone.

Santa Cruz Bicycles BLURXC CARBON

It's out of stock on the sale page, so I'm hoping it will return next year.

Santa Cruz Bicycles

b a n n e d
    Sorry that you're disappointed, but uhhhh . . . . I don't think that there's anyone (else) out there surprised by this. I'm more surprised by the fact that it took them this long to dump it.

Is there even one pro XC racer out there who is still competitive and riding 26"?
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Sorry that you're disappointed, but uhhhh . . . . I don't think that there's anyone (else) out there surprised by this. I'm more surprised by the fact that it took them this long to dump it.

Is there even one pro XC racer out there who is still competitive and riding 26"?
    There are plenty of people out there riding / racing 4", dual suspension XC bikes. They just don't spend all day on forums debating wheel size.

Is Stéphane Tempier (8th World Cup) , and Maxime Marotte (12th World Cup) considered "competitive?"

Either way, this isn't a wheel size discussion. I was hoping somebody would real information.
    Last edited by Velosprocket; 09-04-2013 at 12:26 PM.

rdb
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Velosprocket View Post
    Anybody know for sure? I can google and find it, but it's gone from the current lineup of SC XC bikes. Super bummed if it's officially gone.

Santa Cruz Bicycles BLURXC CARBON

It's out of stock on the sale page, so I'm hoping it will return next year.

Santa Cruz Bicycles
    Never an official announcement from SC, but it was removed from website earlier this summer. Either after Bronson announcement or Solo announcement.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    It does not matter what the latest hype is. I like the way 26's roll, hell no one complained about them for so many years but now there obsolete??? Please.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    it was my favorite bike. I suspect they'll do what's been done to others; get 27.5, VPP3 to sit higher in travel, a steeper ST and shorter head tube.

That said - you could probably just run a solo with light parts and be just as happy (run shock a bit more progressive by adding spacers).
    ORP

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velosprocket View Post
    There are plenty of people out there riding / racing 4", dual suspension XC bikes. They just don't spend all day on forums debating wheel size.

Is Stéphane Tempier (8th World Cup) , and Maxime Marotte (12th World Cup) considered "competitive?"

Either way, this isn't a wheel size discussion. I was hoping somebody would real information.
    While there are plenty of people riding 26 XC bikes, there obviously are not plenty of people BUYING new 26" XC bikes. Bike shops and bike companies carry/store according to the market demand. If there was money to be made in 26" XC bikes, theyd still be carrying them. Im guessing SC analyzed and decided it was a losing proposition to continue making the Blur XC and LT, despite the fact that they are great bikes still. Just the way it is.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Noticed the same while visiting the SC site yesterday. Glad I snagged one during the Sale and turned it into a great 650b ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danK View Post
    Noticed the same while visiting the SC site yesterday. Glad I snagged one during the Sale and turned it into a great 650b ride.
    I was thinking about giving 650b's a try on my 12'. Did you shim the rear shock? I can't find an example of the actual shim, so not sure how to do it.

mtbr member

Blur XCc

I hate to see it go but like everyone else, glad I got mine when I did. I just hope they keep the molds (wherever they are located..China) in case of a warranty claim within the next five years. I lost a little over 1/4" of travel by shimming the shock. 3.75" travel is plenty for a XC racer. I've said before, I wouldn't change a thing on this frame if it were to be released as a 650B. My BB is right at 13" with the help of a zero stack lower headseat cup (no problem since I have an older 1/8" steerer tube). It also brought the headtube back to a somewhat quick 70 degrees. I plan to keep mine as long as it will last. Even if they released a Blur XCc 27.5" I would keep what I've got but it certainly would put my mind at ease for any future warranty issues. I'm guessing it is in the cards for the Blur to go 27.5.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur XCc officially gone???-p1040100-rev1.jpg  

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Under_Pressure View Post
    It does not matter what the latest hype is. I like the way 26's roll, hell no one complained about them for so many years but now there obsolete??? Please.
    You waited 2 years to post this?

YES, it absolutely and unequivocally does matter what the latest hype is if you're a bike manufacturer and in the business of selling bikes, which I believe Santa Cruz is.

And nobody said anything about 26" wheeled bikes being obsolete. You made that assumption.

Edit: Oh, and you're right that nobody complained about 26" bikes for so many years, just like I never complained about dial-up internet, black & white television, VHS, the 8-track and . . . . shall I go on?
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    i loved mine but it got stolen about 2 months ago. Moved on to a Tallboy Carbon.