mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Blur XC set up help

I have read through the posts and have been unable to find the info that I am looking for so forgive me of this has already been answered.

I have a Santa Cruz Blur XC Medium with a Fox RP2. The front triangle was replaced for warranty reasons. I recently got it back and have just completed a new build up of it. If you would like pictures I will post them. But after getting it back I went to set up the rear shock and can no longer find the recommended pressure or sag that is needed for the shock. Can anyone help. The website list recomendations for the float and RP3 but not the RP2. I would greatly appreciate any help that you can give me. I am 5'10" and 180lbs (with all riding gear including camel back.

Thanks in advance

By the way here are the specs for my baby.

Santa Cruz Blur M powder coated
    2009 Fox F100RLC
    XTR 970 F Derailleur
    XTR 970 R Derailleur
    XTR 970 Dual control shifter and Brakes
    XT 6 hole rotors
    Truvativ Noir carbon cranks
    Thompson 31.8 stem
    FSA 31.8 carbon bar
    Candy SL pedals
    King Headset
    Mavix Crossmax SL disc wheels
    Kenda Nevegal UST 2.1 tires
    XTR/Dura Ace chain
    XT rear cassette
    Thompson Seatpost
    WTB Rocket V Race SLR saddle

I don't know how much she ways but she feels light and is sure a lot nicer than the first time she was built up.

Again I will post some pictures if you guys want but i really need help with the rear setup.

mtbr member
    For Med, the sag should be 10-15 mm. I would rather set by sag than by PSI. One thing I like about Floats (Fork and shocks) is the adjustability to suit ones riding style.