mtbr member

BLUR XC Pictures please!!!

[B]Can we get a Blur XC pictures post going...Please list your build list and weight please.
    Thanks!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Blur XC pic

I've had it for about 2 weeks. Still playin around with the set up. Sooo fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Let's try to get all the colors availiable. I'm currently trying to decide on another color since the color I want is not availiable for 30 to 60 days.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarc
    [B]Can we get a Blur XC pictures post going...Let's try to get all the colors availiable. I'm currently trying to decide on another color since the color I want is not availiable for 30 to 60 days. Please list your build list and weight please if you have it.
    Thanks!!!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Spacewrangler,

What size is your Blur XC?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Its a small frame, Weighed 24 3/4#

I got the SPX build . In the shop weighed 24 3/4 pounds (with crossmax sl wheels instead of the ones with SPX kit) without pedals. I have switched the stem, bars, post , seat. Haven't weighed again.
    Im a little under 5'6" with about 29" inseam (135 pounds, if that matters) and fit great with 100mm stem. 1 inch shorter top tube than my old ride but still a great fit.

mtbr member
    Hey Space, that's a great looking ride. I ordered my SPX build with a few changes a couple of weeks ago. In Trans Red. Those handle bar things on the end, do they work good? Are they for climbing? I'm 99% roadie and 1% mt biker currently but that 1% may increase with the Blur. I'm 5'7 140lbs. 30" inseam and love to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Wrangler
    I got the SPX build . In the shop weighed 24 3/4 pounds (with crossmax sl wheels instead of the ones with SPX kit) without pedals. I have switched the stem, bars, post , seat. Haven't weighed again.
    Im a little under 5'6" with about 29" inseam (135 pounds, if that matters) and fit great with 100mm stem. 1 inch shorter top tube than my old ride but still a great fit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Bar Ends

oscarc, the trans red will look great . Post a pic when you get it. I followed advice on this forum and had my shop call to see what colors they could ship right away. Took about three weeks to get to me in Tennessee.

The Race face next xc lr bars that came on my bike are badass, but I wanted a lower hand position. Supposedly its "dorky" to have bar ends on riser bars ( I still know expert level non-dorky riders who do it). Maybe the higher hand position with riser bars causes less weight to rest on the hands making hand position changes less needed? As a rodie you probably know more about that than me.

I did a ride last week with about 20 miles of mostly flat, straight. When pressure on the base of my hand behind my thumb starts bothering me, I switch to the bar ends. This changes the pressure more to the ulnar (little finger) side of the base of my hand. Even about 20- 30 seconds of this will get bloodflow back and keep me from having to sit up or let go of the bars to relieve pressure. Also on any climbs over about a mile I like to switch hand positions for some reason. In his book, Ned Overend says bar ends allow you to spread your hands apart more and get better lung/ chest expansion for improved ventilation when climbing. I really can't tell if thats the case, but Ned is the man...

My bar ends are Extralite Ultraends. They're light (28 grams each), but fat and take up bar space. On my 23" RF Deus flat bars my hands felt way to close together (especially after riding the 25" bars that came on the bike). Also couldnt slide the break levers far enough in because they were touching. I switched to a 25" flat bar (Moots) and feels much better now.

Im sure you can find some super cheap bar ends to try out and see if you like em before you throw down for anything fancy.

There are also several posts on the general forum about more natural hand position with more pronounced bend in the bars ( like 12- 15 degree bend vs. my 5 degree).

I haven't searched for "bar end pro/ con " thread. may be worth posting a Q on the general disc. forum.

mtbr member
    Hey thanks, I will surely post a pic when I get it...I'm now on week three of waiting. My lbs did call to see what colors they had but I really want the trans red, otherwise I know I won't be happy with the color and I'm so picky about that stuff.
    I'll have to learn my bike before I try those handle bar ends. This is my first full-suspension bike and my second mnt. bike. I currently have a $350 Trek 4300 that I've been racing and training with when not on my road bike.

Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Wrangler
    oscarc, the trans red will look great . Post a pic when you get it. I followed advice on this forum and had my shop call to see what colors they could ship right away. Took about three weeks to get to me in Tennessee.

The Race face next xc lr bars that came on my bike are badass, but I wanted a lower hand position. Supposedly its "dorky" to have bar ends on riser bars ( I still know expert level non-dorky riders who do it). Maybe the higher hand position with riser bars causes less weight to rest on the hands making hand position changes less needed? As a rodie you probably know more about that than me.

I did a ride last week with about 20 miles of mostly flat, straight. When pressure on the base of my hand behind my thumb starts bothering me, I switch to the bar ends. This changes the pressure more to the ulnar (little finger) side of the base of my hand. Even about 20- 30 seconds of this will get bloodflow back and keep me from having to sit up or let go of the bars to relieve pressure. Also on any climbs over about a mile I like to switch hand positions for some reason. In his book, Ned Overend says bar ends allow you to spread your hands apart more and get better lung/ chest expansion for improved ventilation when climbing. I really can't tell if thats the case, but Ned is the man...

My bar ends are Extralite Ultraends. They're light (28 grams each), but fat and take up bar space. On my 23" RF Deus flat bars my hands felt way to close together (especially after riding the 25" bars that came on the bike). Also couldnt slide the break levers far enough in because they were touching. I switched to a 25" flat bar (Moots) and feels much better now.

Im sure you can find some super cheap bar ends to try out and see if you like em before you throw down for anything fancy.

There are also several posts on the general forum about more natural hand position with more pronounced bend in the bars ( like 12- 15 degree bend vs. my 5 degree).

I haven't searched for "bar end pro/ con " thread. may be worth posting a Q on the general disc. forum.

mtbr member
    May 2006

New BlurXC

G'day Guys,
    This is a picture of my new bike before the first ride hadn't even pulled the warning stickers off the brake levers yet. It's a little muddier now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    There is already one here, linked from the sticky thread at the top of the main page:

New Blur XC Frame.