mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Blur XC frame Durability?

I had a minor spill on Sunday which has left me with a worryingly large dent in the rear triangle.

The worrying thing was how minor the crash was a simple fall over on slimy rocks. I have contacted Santa Cruz and am waiting for a reply, they have been great in the past So im pretty confident that they will get back to me,. It is a real shame as I love the handling of the bike but I have lost a lot of faith in its durability. Im taking part in the Cape Epic next month and would like to do it on a bike Im 100% confident in which I was in the Blur XC until this ding.

Hong Kong is very rocky and Technical so is this bound to repeat itself?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Santa Cruz Customer service has been great and are in the process of sorting out the details of a crash warranty replacement.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I'm glad they took care of everything!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    They couldnt have been friendlier. Now I just have to find out how much it is going to cost and how long its going to take.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

question is, do they dent like a beer can or are they more durable than that?

I am waiting for my lbs to get a large in to test ride one. Blur XC is on my short list. However, it is scary if they dent really easily. Anybody know?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Does anyone know if the Blur XC and BLT use the same rear triangle? I have a bad feeling that the answer is yes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Well the owner of the bike shop has checked the frame out and reckons that it is no problem and no worse than he has seen on other frames.

Photog Cyclist.
    I would ride it until it breaks, which it most likely won't!!!!! Bikes are pretty tuff but when you crash all bets are off!!!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithM
    Does anyone know if the Blur XC and BLT use the same rear triangle? I have a bad feeling that the answer is yes.
    No, the BLT has more tire clearance, and I would assume beefier tubes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The swingarm replacement was going to cost $3000 HK or $387 US so I think I will give it a miss the dent isnt expanding so Im going to cross my fingers and hope it is good to go for the Cape Epic