mtbr member
    Sep 2005

New question here. Blur xc from Colorado cyclist

Hi,
    I'm thinking about buying a blur xc from Colorado cyclist, has any one had any experience with them?

mtbr member

Real happy with mine so far

I've had my 2006 Blur XC now for a few months and have been very happy with it. After this summer and a season of racing, I'll post a review. So far, I like the handling and comfort. It's pretty light for a FS too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Two thumbs up

I bought my Blur XC from Colorado Cyclist last fall. It arrived 8 days after I ordered it. I am totally happy with the bike and the company. Go for it!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Not so good service

I ordered a Blur LT from them. They sent the bike with the wrong parts/ poorly built. If you order triple check parts spec. (even though that is what I did) Good luck! I wouldnt order from them again. Just my opinion. For what I spent I expected better Customer Service.

More than one, of course!

Go somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Cohn 21
    Hi,
    I'm thinking about buying a blur xc from Colorado cyclist, has any one had any experience with them?
    Their service is BAD! They built my bike wrong and with wrong components, took way too long and way too many phone calls to them to get them to do anything and eventually I was told thats all we are going to do. Unsatisfactory. I will not give them any business again for this reason. Even if it costs more now go somewhere else, you will save more in the end. My 2 cents.
    "It's NEVER all downhill" DMR

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

... and if we just ... Great service.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Cohn 21
    Hi,

I got a Nomad from them. Recieved frame in 1 week. Packaged well and great deal.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

New question here. custom or build kit?

Quote Originally Posted by far raider
    Their service is BAD! They built my bike wrong and with wrong components, took way too long and way too many phone calls to them to get them to do anything and eventually I was told that's all we are going to do. Unsatisfactory. I will not give them any business again for this reason. Even if it costs more now go somewhere else, you will save more in the end. My 2 cents.
    Thanks for the info!
    Did you order a custom bike or a frame and a build kit?
    The bike comes out about 600$ cheeper, and I like their build kit so I'm still considering it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Frame only. w/ free fork . I had no problem. If they have it in stock that would be wise .Ordering frames from SC is rough. Long wait. Especially for a build kit.
    Just be up front w/ them. Express concern and ask when it will ship.

Good Luck and ride on.....

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

I Recommend Them

I ordered a custom bike. Everything came exactly as ordered, and professionally built. I just had a warranty issue with the derailluer - they turned it around in one day.

I'd buy from them in a heartbeat.

neutiquam erro

CC support

I bought a classic Blur from CC last spring -- good deal on the set-up overall and CC even threw in several unexpected equip upgrades for free (05 Fox RP3!)... Assembly was spot on, and I couldn't be happier with their customer service. I've done lots of business with them over the years, and have nothing but good things to say; they've always treated me well...

Being military, I don't always have access to an LBS, so sometimes mail-order is my only option. CO Cycles is the best, IMHO...

Cheers, Chris
    Last edited by Chris130; 04-30-2006 at 02:07 PM. Reason: spelling

mtbr member
    May 2005
    In 2001 I bought a Chameleon frame from them, came in a week. Last summer I had them build up a set of wheels and ordered a Blur frame, both showed up about a week later.

The frames came well shipped, no problems. The wheels are outstanding, my third set of hand built wheels (first from them) and I am quite happy.