mtbr member

Blur XC Carbon missing from the Santa Cruz website?!

Anyone else at least hoping for a shorter travel XC 650B frame and notice that the Blur XCc has been pulled from the lineup on the SC website? Not that a Solo wouldn't work for racing, but I am ready for this combination. Short wheelbase and chainstays, more active/linear travel than a pure XC race bike. Being a slightly shorter rider, staying slightly lower to the ground through tight corners, but getting slightly better roll over (than a 26") would be awesome.

Maybe I am crazy and should pick up a close out Blur XCc frame, but I am gonna give it another month before pulling the trigger on a Tallboy C or a Blur XCc.

I am seriously considering a Tallboy C, but would love a slightly lower feel and center of gravity.

formerly uncle mama
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ia_ss157 View Post
    Anyone else at least hoping for a shorter travel XC 650B frame and notice that the Blur XCc has been pulled from the lineup on the SC website? Not that a Solo wouldn't work for racing, but I am ready for this combination. Short wheelbase and chainstays, more active/linear travel than a pure XC race bike. Being a slightly shorter rider, staying slightly lower to the ground through tight corners, but getting slightly better roll over (than a 26") would be awesome.

Maybe I am crazy and should pick up a close out Blur XCc frame, but I am gonna give it another month before pulling the trigger on a Tallboy C or a Blur XCc.

I am seriously considering a Tallboy C, but would love a slightly lower feel and center of gravity.
    If you are a "slightly shorter" rider, why would you buy a 29er? They don't work as well in smaller sizes...buy a standard frame or get a 650b. I'm 6' 2" and I still ride a standard MTB but, I'm looking

mtbr member
    I am 5'7" and am currently riding a 29er hardtail. It fits super well, just a little tall. I definitely would only wheel "size down" for a FS bike. For XC racing, the hardtail 29er is just too smooth. I really want to see a 650B XC FS from Santa Cruz. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle mama View Post
    If you are a "slightly shorter" rider, why would you buy a 29er? They don't work as well in smaller sizes...
    Wives Tale. Try keeping up with the times.....
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....