Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Blur TRc pictures

Cant find a thread with TRc pictures, so I'll start on off with my build.. Sneeks in at 24.95lbs.. first ride in the Rocky Peak district England and its one Rocket of a bike.. never felt under travelled
    The Chainset btw, is XTR M970, then I turned down a worn out outer ring to make it into a bash, the ceramic coated at Shawnee bike coating

Last edited by simonm; 08-30-2011 at 08:43 AM.

mtbr member
    love the black and green color. such a sick lookin bike man.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    cheers, looks even better in the flesh, the matt black finish is amazing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Beautiful built simonm. Size of the frame?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    many thanks, I'm very happy with it.. Size is a small.

mtbr member
    very nice, Simon

mtbr member
    to continue this Blur TRc picture thread:

mine is size M

Armchair Product Manager
    Jul 2004
    Simon - nice work on the cranks.

Zauberer - 36 Float fork? How much travel?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    How is the new shadow plus xtr living up to the hype. Im considering one. Would love to know what you think of it!

mtbr member
    How much abuse can the trc can take?

mtbr member
    Those are some sweet rides.
    2016 SC 5010 CC
    2016 SC Bronson CC
    2017 SC Hightower C
    2013 Jackal

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Sweet rides!

Simonm: Digging the Renthal stem - wish we saw those more in the US.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravitythief76 View Post
    How is the new shadow plus xtr living up to the hype. Im considering one. Would love to know what you think of it!
    I decided to try this shadow+, because I wanted to know if I could ride without a chainguard and don't drop my chain.

My experience after 1 month:

No, the shadow+ doesn't eliminate dropping the chain from the middle ring totally.
    On really ambitious descends with rocks and roots I've dropped down my chain sooner or later ...

The shadow+ reduces the oscillation of the chain, that's for sure. My chain is more quiet, less hammering against the chainstays

My conclusion: the shadow+ is perfect for smooth trails, but for engaged all mountain riding the shadow+ is not enough for me. A chainguide will be the way to go in the future.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedrd View Post

Zauberer - 36 Float fork? How much travel?
    axle to crown is reduced to 520mm, so the travel should be around 135mm I think

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zauberer View Post
    I decided to try this shadow+, because I wanted to know if I could ride without a chainguard and don't drop my chain.

No, the shadow+ doesn't eliminate dropping the chain from the middle ring totally.
    On really ambitious descends with rocks and roots I've dropped down my chain sooner or later ...

The shadow+ reduces the oscillation of the chain, that's for sure. My chain is more quiet, less hammering against the chainstays

My conclusion: the shadow+ is perfect for smooth trails, but for engaged all mountain riding the shadow+ is not enough for me. A chainguide will be the way to go in the future.
    Exactly what i wanted to know. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yzblue242 View Post
    Sweet rides!

Simonm: Digging the Renthal stem - wish we saw those more in the US.
    Many thanks, Yeh, there really cool, good size and rise too.. looks amazing in the flesh. There Fatbars are really nice too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    My Large TRc... 22.9 pounds in it's current form. No dropped chain with my Shadow+, but I'm sure the XCX guide (1x10) is helping with that, and it's definitely quiet. I only have crappy iPhone pics at the moment, but it'll give ya the idea!

For anyone that's curious about the lighter build, I also have a Nomad, so the TRc really is my XC/Trail rig although it's taken everything I've thrown at it so far.

b a n n e d
    Do want. Badly.

Will wait until better colors come out . . . . though that green and black would go nicely with my Special ed. Hopes

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

What a great bike, super fun

Here are some pictures of my Trc. The handling of this bike is off the charts. Super fast and super fun.

Here is my glossy beast

Name:  The bike.JPG
Views: 9664
Size:  141.7 KB

I changed most of my parts over from my XCc - the bar is new and the XX revelation world cup with carbon crown is new. Nice.
    Name:  Front bar.JPG
Views: 9732
Size:  154.9 KB

Showing off my 20mm axle in a Rev XX WC with 2012 DNA internals - 20mm not available here you see, but I wanted to keep my hadleys.
    Name:  Front axle.JPG
Views: 9582
Size:  167.2 KB

Trying out another shock option
    Name:  Shock.JPG
Views: 9580
Size:  155.3 KB

Trying out the Lopes limited edition chain guide. I have been pretty happy with it so far, doesn't drag too much on the climbs. However, these things get noiser with use (I am betting).

Name:  Chain guide.JPG
Views: 10336
Size:  147.1 KB

Anyway, loving the bike. The more aggressive you are with it the more it rewards you.

b a n n e d
    ^^^ How did you get a Gloss frame? I thought these were only available in Matte carbon?

mtbr member
    High quality pictures William

I'm thinking to put this chainguide on my TRc.
    Is it a good choice?

Today I've some moved pictures of my Blur TRc.
    Nothing special, but I hope you could imagine the fun factor of this trailbike

<object width="580" height="326"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=28635913&amp;server=vimeo.co m&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_port rait=0&amp;color=46f700&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autop lay=0&amp;loop=0" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=28635913&amp;server=vimeo.co m&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_port rait=0&amp;color=46f700&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autop lay=0&amp;loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="580" height="326"></embed></object>
    Last edited by zauberer; 09-07-2011 at 11:04 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Oh I forgot to mention I upgraded my XX brakes to 2012 models. The new ones are very smooth to use, I am very impressed so far. The smoothness adds to the already excellent modulation.

So far so good with the chain guide, the test will be how it goes over time I guess.

Hey great video zauberer. It shows some really good high speed sections, nice. I will be planning a trip to Switzerland, and I loved that footage you had there - some similarities to what I expect it will be like, I saw the cable car in the background in one spot. Good work mate.

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by godfather View Post

For anyone that's curious about the lighter build, I also have a Nomad, so the TRc really is my XC/Trail rig although it's taken everything I've thrown at it so far.

Thank you for helping me rationalize owning a TRC while still holding onto my NomadC.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I think the gloss finish is a result of using heli-tape. I've got a very similar finish on my Blur XCc as a result.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    ^^^ How did you get a Gloss frame? I thought these were only available in Matte carbon?
    Maybe he uses a (carbon) polishing wax or something like this, because Matte surfaces are very sensible.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by flowtron View Post
    Thank you for helping me rationalize owning a TRC while still holding onto my NomadC.
    Hahaha! Glad someone else out there is in the same boat!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

blur trc

I have a few rides on my new Blur TRc. Coming off blur LTc with short shock. I loved that bike, but it wasn't perfect. I was hoping the TRc would be better than my modified LT in a couple areas. The short shock blur LTc had similar bb height (12.75), head angle (67) and 115 mm of travel which was really fun. The seat angle ended up being too slack. The bb was really low. I felt like the suspension was compromised as the short shock didn't really work with Santa Cruz' plan for leverage rate/axle path.
    Well, Santa Cruz fixed it all with the TRc. I love the geometry. My bb is 12.9, head angle is 67 with 140 fork. Unbelievable handling. I am really impressed with the suspension. The Kashima shock is noticeably more plush than any other 125 mm bike I have ridden. By the way, if you get one, don't forget the pro pedal works a bit backwards compared to the previous versions. Pedaling platform works well. I couldn't be happier with the bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur TRc pictures-dscn1427.jpg  

Blur TRc pictures-dscn1428.jpg  

b a n n e d
    I'm gettin' kinda pissed at all you people RAVING how great this bike is (because I don't have one) . . . . isn't there ANYTHING about this thing you don't like (that I can use to internally justify not having one)?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by godfather View Post
    Hahaha! Glad someone else out there is in the same boat!
    Urm.. I own a TRc and a Nomad C too... is there a pattern here ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I'm gettin' kinda pissed at all you people RAVING how great this bike is (because I don't have one) . . . . isn't there ANYTHING about this thing you don't like (that I can use to internally justify not having one)?

A few more rides in......

Nope, this bike is fantastic.. Only think I may do is drop the fork to 130... I don;t think I'll even notice Downhill.. but will be a bit less wandery up hil..

BTW, did I mention this bike is amazing ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    High quality pictures William

I'm thinking to put this chainguide on my TRc.
    Is it a good choice?

Today I've some moved pictures of my Blur TRc.
    Nothing special, but I hope you could imagine the fun factor of this trailbike

Where is that Trail ! its supurb ! nice riding, nice vid too

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by simonm View Post
    Urm.. I own a TRc and a Nomad C too... is there a pattern here ?
    I don't have a TRC yet. Its in the plan for next spring.

b a n n e d
    . . . this bike is fantastic . . . did I mention this bike is amazing ?

My wife is going to be sooooo pissed if she see's a new bike show up. I can't exactly camouflage it either since the current bike is silver. Hmmmm . . . .

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

You need one now

Hey 007, it is a stunningly good bike. If your a passive rider, it's absolutely fine, but if you are an active rider then it is ballistic. Through essess it is so fast, I wiggle my hips the bike whips from side to side kicking mini roosts and the bike can still go faster through essess - faster than me . Corners with support, well, it's just a matter of how brave you are - the capability of the bike is so good that you have to lift your game.

I rode a demo with a 120 SID, it was fine and great fun, and as others are doing, it is still super fun with 130 or 140 fork too.

I think your wife will appreciate the unique geometry, she'll understand.

What else can I tell you, oh, the seat post split is foward facing for improved dirt control, the lower link is better protected, the cabling is improved via downhill mounts, so theres no exposed cable on the downtube for improved dirt control. Um, it's a classy rig.

I bought my green machine from the LBS, they offered a gloss coat option and I said yes. So they stripped it down, sent it away, it came back gloss coated, was reassembled and it might be my wishful thinking, but I reckon the dirt washes off easier.

I reckon you need a Highball to 007

Cheers

b a n n e d
    So there are three major factors pushing me towards this bike . . .

1.) I want something lighter. My BLT-2 is 30.9 lbs and I'd like to shed a couple pounds from that. This will cost me pretty big $$$. I'm primarily thinking a new wheelset, which with my tastes is going to come in right around the $900 mark.

2.) I think that the BLT-2 is a bit overkill for what I ride. I rarely leave the ground as it is. I've been thinking about lowering my fork from 150mm down to 140mm as it is.

3.) The geo on the bike looks spot on for what Im looking for . . . relaxed HT with a decent ETT length for a more stretched out feel. The Blur has me a little more upright that I would prefer and aside from running a super long stem (and sacrificing control) I don't know how to achieve what I want. I already have 750mm bars (with an 80mm stem).

The problem is that I don't think I can get much for my BLT frame. Even though its in impecable shape, I won't get near what I need to make the swap budget friendly.

Now, if we're talking 29ers . . . I'd opt for a TB before the HB.

mtbr member
    May 2008

1.) I want something lighter. My BLT-2 is 30.9 lbs and I'd like to shed a couple pounds from that. This will cost me pretty big $$$. I'm primarily thinking a new wheelset, which with my tastes is going to come in right around the $900 mark.

2.) I think that the BLT-2 is a bit overkill for what I ride. I rarely leave the ground as it is. I've been thinking about lowering my fork from 150mm down to 140mm as it is.

3.) The geo on the bike looks spot on for what Im looking for . . . relaxed HT with a decent ETT length for a more stretched out feel. The Blur has me a little more upright that I would prefer and aside from running a super long stem (and sacrificing control) I don't know how to achieve what I want. I already have 750mm bars (with an 80mm stem).

The problem is that I don't think I can get much for my BLT frame. Even though its in impecable shape, I won't get near what I need to make the swap budget friendly.

I like how you think!

mtbr member
    Where is that Trail ! its supurb ! nice riding, nice vid too
    thanks simonm!

this trail is on Wildkogel in the Austrian Alps.
    exactly there Wildkogeltrail Neukirchen Salzburger Land

That's the same mountain where the Nine Knights MTB took place 2 weeks ago
    Last edited by zauberer; 09-07-2011 at 11:28 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

TB was on my short list as well. I may need to add one, or possibly a HB, to the fleet...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I was into this frame until I realized it was a 26er!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Few pics of mine that I picked up today. Transfered everything from my LT2.
    Had an awesome first ride on it today, just looking forward to doing lots more

mtbr member
    Differences between the BLT and BTR????

mtbr member
    I saw a green stickered up TRc at Glentress Scotland yesterday, the Dirtschool guys are using them and have them kitted out with matching components too

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfas View Post
    Differences between the BLT and BTR????
    The TRc has a longer wheelbase, shorter chainstays, lower BB, but same head angle as the LT (with a 130 fork). The frame is a pound lighter than the LTc, I have come from an alloy LT so almost 1 1/2 pounds lighter.

Main things I have noticed are that is unbelievebly stiffer, when you pedal it moves, there is no feeling of loss of power. Found the uphills a lot easier.
    It is very stable at speed, I am running a 140 fork which gives a 67.5 head angle.
    Felt easier to move around than the LT, ? due to weight or due to shorter chainstays, maybe a combination of both.
    Lower BB made me feel like I was lower in the bike which I like.
    The new kashima shock really makes a difference as well, it is much smoother.

For me persoanlly, the bike just felt more suited to me, the geometry, ride feel etc, all really suit me and what I ride.

LT and TR are both awesome bikes, it is just a question of what suits you.

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Note that the Shadow Plus RD needs some tightening of the friction mechanism after a while. It will loosen up after a bunch of hours of riding and starts to lose its effectiveness. If you read the manual you can tighten up the friction mech in under 10 minutes. It really helps!
    Tallboy3 CC : Nomad3 CC: Highball2 CC : Stigmata2 CC

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bog View Post
    Note that the Shadow Plus RD needs some tightening of the friction mechanism after a while. It will loosen up after a bunch of hours of riding and starts to lose its effectiveness. If you read the manual you can tighten up the friction mech in under 10 minutes. It really helps!
    thanks!
    I remember having read this in the manual, but I forgot this.
    At the moment I will try to tighten up the friction but I will try a chainguide too.

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    to those of you who have gone from a LT2 or LTc to a TRc, how does the TRc behave in the downhills? is it still capable to cope with rough trails in spite of the short rear travel??

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ban View Post
    to those of you who have gone from a LT2 or LTc to a TRc, how does the TRc behave in the downhills? is it still capable to cope with rough trails in spite of the short rear travel??
    Yes, I have found mine more stable.
    Gone from an LT2 to TRc.

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    ok Frodo, I have right now a NomadC and and a LT2 and I'm really thinking about replacing the LT2 with a TRc but I need to justify myself, hehehe

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Do you need to justify it to yourself or the wife ?

A lot I guess wil depend on what you ride and how you like to ride it.

The TRc seems just as capable as the LT but in a lighter and stiffer package, for what I ride it works for me.
    e.g. tracks like this, one of the grade 4's, good fun track Billy T track, Rotorua, NZ - YouTube

I think the TRc would be a more of a departure from the Nomad C than what the LT2 is, although not having ridden a Nomad I cannot back that up.This might give you more variation between your bikes if thats what you want.

I have a TRc and a Chameleon, works as a 2 bike set up for what I need.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    ban, I would tend to agree with Frodo on this one. While I don't have a great deal of time on any of the LT's, I have ridden an LTc a little bit. I own a TRc and a Nomad C. I think there is more of a variation between the TRc and Nomad C compared to the LT/Nomad. The TRc can be built as serious endurance racer or long travel XC rig, or as a burly shorter travel all mountain machine. I set mine up 1x10 with XTR shifter/der/cranks, XX cassette, MT8 brakes, Thompson stem and Masterpiece post, lighter wheel and tires, and I would feel totally comfortable racing XC on it. It's super light (22.9 lbs), stiff, and fast, up and down. A quick change of wheels/tires, throw on my Reverb, swap in a wider bar and maybe a shorter stem (50mm vs 70mm) and I will go ride lift access or shuttle runs no problem. I even considered racing a mellow DH course on it. As I have a Nomad C as well, I don't feel the need to mess with tranforming the bike, but it is certainly that versatile.

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast