Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1400
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bnorthro View Post
    How are you liking the DBAir on the TRc? I had one on my previous bike (Tracer VP) and loved it. Seriously considering the DB Inline if I keep my TRc. Are you running the pike at 140 or 150? Sweet setup. I ride Aliso about once a week, demo'd a new Nomad last weekend and took it for a lap at Aliso, super fun bike. Made the rock garden on Rockit feel like a carpet, ha.
    Thanks! I'm loving the DBA! The stock RP23 was an improvement over the stock RP23 on my BlurLT, but the DBA is just so supple when the speed picks up. My one complaint is that I can't fit a waterbottle on it now for shorter rides. If I didn't already have the DBA I would get the DBInline in a heartbeat. The Pike is a 150mm. (The fork before that was a Fox Float 34 160mm lowered to 150mm.)

I moved to Aliso in mid-January and didn't get a chance to ride for a few months, but I'm loving it now. Funny you demo'd a Nomad, I've been wanting to demo a Bronson on Rockit just to see what it feels like on the 27.5's. Now that I have the suspension pretty dialed my TRc rockets through the rock gardens pretty well. I just don't have the confidence yet to fully let it loose.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Blur TRc pictures

Quote Originally Posted by kdiff View Post
    Thanks! I'm loving the DBA! ... Funny you demo'd a Nomad, I've been wanting to demo a Bronson on Rockit just to see what it feels like on the 27.5's.
    Thanks for the info. When I had the Nomad my buddy was following me on his 5010. He's usually a little faster than me and he was blown away with how fast the Nomad was through the rock garden. I usually take the mid/left line and those huge holes at the very end are pretty harsh on my TRc. I wasn't even phased by them on the Nomad, it was crazy. I suspect the Bronson would be between the two. I'm currently debating selling my M9 and TRc and building up a Bronson or Nomad as my only bike. The Path has both for demo btw.

mtbr member
    Mine....

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    what is the shock tune we should be using for the TRc? thinking of going Monarch DebonAir. any thoughts?

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Hey Guys,

I guess I just get one of the very last Blur's!
    I offered me a TRC frame before Christmas.
    The building part is done now.
    Nothing very fancy but It's efficient enough in my opinion (and for now).

I love the bike.
    I just noticed some flexibility coming from the lower link when I push hard on the pedals while braking. I guess it's normal...
    What do you think?
    Otherwise it feels stiff when I use it.

Blur TRc pictures-cadre.jpgBlur TRc pictures-v-lo.jpgBlur TRc pictures-v-lo2.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hi Nico30,
    Nice one!

This is 142model, don't think any flex should be easily feel. If I were you would check immedietly all axles.
    Pay atention do NOT overtighten... service pdf available on santa page

mtbr member
    It just happen when I break from the rear and if I push on the pedal.
    I don't feel any play it only seems to flex. It did the same on my old bike, but I hoped it won't happen on this one!

I live not far away from the french SC importator. Maybe I should go there and check.

I don't have any torque wrench for now...

mtbr member
    some upgrade...

mtbr member
    Oct 2014

Re: Blur TRc pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Nico30 View Post
    It just happen when I break from the rear and if I push on the pedal.
    I don't feel any play it only seems to flex. It did the same on my old bike, but I hoped it won't happen on this one!

I live not far away from the french SC importator. Maybe I should go there and check.

I don't have any torque wrench for now...
    Check and see if your rotors are tight. It could also be play in the brakes.

mtbr member
    I really see the rear triangle moving to the right when the chain is under tension.

mtbr member
    Here is a video.
    Note that the shock is not moving when I do that

Blur TRC from Nico LR on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    I had the same issue with my TRc. My crank would actually rub the driveside chainstay during hard climbing efforts.
    I know this doesn't help you, but the Solo is MUCH stiffer. If you are the original owner, just wait for the circle crack
    and warranty it to a newer/stiffer frame.

mtbr member
    No it doesn't help!
    Especially because I bought it new less than one month ago!

mtbr member
    I assume you've checked that all the pivots are torqued to spec? My new TRa does not move like that. I weigh 190 geared up.

Don't crank on them for no reason, check the torque like this: Tech Tuesday: Adjust the Pivot Bearings on Any Santa Cruz VPP Suspension - Pinkbike

mtbr member

Blur TRc pictures

Here are a few pictures of mine. I'm in the process of rebuild the pivots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taste it

Good job! still Impressive

the TRc still one of the great SC rigs

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Nico30,
    You are overthinkig simple things, I guess. Can you sleep at night?
    It has been said, check pivots... Play is not normal, especially you dont look, pardon, to be heavy giant

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    And one more thing, Nico. Even racing road frame will flex if you hammer it strong while bike is standing stil, on brakes etc etc

No one designs and builds absolutelly stiff frame cause it would weight double

Check pivots!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Take the same video but this time use a high gear (big chainring / small cassette cog) and no braking. To me it looks like normal lateral flex caused by a high drivetrain torque load, while stationary.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by osobny View Post
    And one more thing, Nico. Even racing road frame will flex if you hammer it strong while bike is standing stil, on brakes etc etc

No one designs and builds absolutelly stiff frame cause it would weight double

Check pivots!
    Men, you may be right.
    I got a stressfull job, I managed to be not stressed anymore. And now I got stressed by a bike!

Anyway when I bought a Santa Cruz I expected to buy engeneering and quality. I'm a bit disapointed. I just wanna know if what i see is normal or not. I'm not pushing hard on the pedals in the video... I'm not trying to break my chain!

I biked all afternoon today though and, men, it is the best bike I ever owned!

Ow!
    Nico30, I had to watch your video a few times to make certain I understand what you are talking about. I doubt anything is wrong with the frame, so it is just the design of the frame I guess. I have a TRc also, and it is not the stiffest frame I use. I can feel a little flex on the trail, but nothing extreme. As others have said, check the torque and watch for those cracks (though you may never have a problem).

My main ride is a Blur LTc built big, which is much, much more stiff than the TRc. But then, the LTc is more stiff than a Nomadc or V10c that I have used.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clydecrash View Post
    Nico30, I had to watch your video a few times to make certain I understand what you are talking about. I doubt anything is wrong with the frame, so it is just the design of the frame I guess. I have a TRc also, and it is not the stiffest frame I use. I can feel a little flex on the trail, but nothing extreme. As others have said, check the torque and watch for those cracks (though you may never have a problem).

My main ride is a Blur LTc built big, which is much, much more stiff than the TRc. But then, the LTc is more stiff than a Nomadc or V10c that I have used.
    Thanks for your answer.
    I didn't know the LTc was more stiff.
    I have no crack yet! Good thing because I've been riding this bike for less than a month!
    I don't have a torque wrench... That's a shame, I know! I'm gonna get one and check my pivots.

mtbr member
    I wouldn't bother using a torque wrench, the rating they use 100 in/lbs if I remember correctly) is way OTT and I broke a couple of bolts, 50in/lbs is enough or just go sensibly and use grease and loctite as necessary.

mtbr member

Blur TRc pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.E View Post
    I wouldn't bother using a torque wrench, the rating they use 100 in/lbs if I remember correctly) is way OTT and I broke a couple of bolts, 50in/lbs is enough or just go sensibly and use grease and loctite as necessary.
    That's the locking bolts not the pivots, but yeah, that's still too high as admitted by SC.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clydecrash View Post

Interesting observation. I don't see any reason why the Blur LTc would be stiffer than those others.

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56