Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1379
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    I've got a Totem RC2DH on another bike, and they feel pretty similar. Only running a couple clicks of low and high on both.

So you feel you've got no adjustment with the Low? Too divy at low speeds, or what? Maybe low oil level?
    Oil is good. I'm really lucky that I only weigh like 140 so dive isn't an issue, that or whatever it is "stuck" at right now is a decent setting for me, but the compression range is extreme. By extreme I mean there is zero when it is at full soft, and when its on full hard, its the same as if it was 2 clicks out from full soft. I've HEARD that when lowering the soloairs, you can lose some of the compression adjustment. This is more of the fact that I have an RC2 cart, and I want the ability to adjust it, it's the reason I threw the fork on this bike. I have some ideas of why this might be, but am trying to find anyone with a similar experience and a possible fix for it. There's also a slight dead spot in the beginning of the stroke, but nothing crazy. Worst comes to worst, I guess I can get rid of it and get a 36 float RC2 and lower it, I havent heard of those having the problem I am, but I really don't want another fox fork.
    2013 Medium Santa Cruz Blur Trc in Matte/Silver, full XT kit, 1x10 with 32T wolftooth ring, 25 pounds 7 ounces

destination unknown
    May 2008
    Quick questions. Anybody know the head angle & BB height of the TRc with a 36 Float set to 140 (or 525mm A-C) with a EC lower headset? If you're on a large the wheelbase would be nice to know as well. I quite possibly will pick one up tomorrow to replace the beloved 5 Spot I've been riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LncNuvue View Post
    Quick questions. Anybody know the head angle & BB height of the TRc with a 36 Float set to 140 (or 525mm A-C) with a EC lower headset? If you're on a large the wheelbase would be nice to know as well. I quite possibly will pick one up tomorrow to replace the beloved 5 Spot I've been riding.
    You will be just under 67. Fair warning, you will be just slightly outside of warranty with an A2C of 525. If I were you, I would put one of the fox 25mm spacers it there to get it at 135, you will be covered by warranty and have about the same angles. I know 5mm out of warranty isn't anything to really worry about, but I put my lyrik to 135 just for peace of mind, now if only I can fix this compression issue!
    2013 Medium Santa Cruz Blur Trc in Matte/Silver, full XT kit, 1x10 with 32T wolftooth ring, 25 pounds 7 ounces

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by nightofthefleming View Post
    Oil is good. I'm really lucky that I only weigh like 140 so dive isn't an issue, that or whatever it is "stuck" at right now is a decent setting for me, but the compression range is extreme. By extreme I mean there is zero when it is at full soft, and when its on full hard, its the same as if it was 2 clicks out from full soft. I've HEARD that when lowering the soloairs, you can lose some of the compression adjustment. This is more of the fact that I have an RC2 cart, and I want the ability to adjust it, it's the reason I threw the fork on this bike. I have some ideas of why this might be, but am trying to find anyone with a similar experience and a possible fix for it. There's also a slight dead spot in the beginning of the stroke, but nothing crazy. Worst comes to worst, I guess I can get rid of it and get a 36 float RC2 and lower it, I havent heard of those having the problem I am, but I really don't want another fox fork.
    Hmm. No ideas from me, sorry. I've not got enough time on mine lowered yet to tell if it's got any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 661lee View Post
    Scrub, is that a Turbine stem mounted with negative rise? What length? Thanks.
    Yep. 70mm. It and the seat slammed forward look a bit goofy, but it's what works for me. Same setup on my hardtail.

Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

destination unknown
    May 2008
    You will be just under 67. Fair warning, you will be just slightly outside of warranty with an A2C of 525. If I were you, I would put one of the fox 25mm spacers it there to get it at 135, you will be covered by warranty and have about the same angles. I know 5mm out of warranty isn't anything to really worry about, but I put my lyrik to 135 just for peace of mind, now if only I can fix this compression issue!
    Thanks for the intel. A 25mm reducer is what I'll use then. What's your BB height if you don't mind me asking?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LncNuvue View Post
    Thanks for the intel. A 25mm reducer is what I'll use then. What's your BB height if you don't mind me asking?
    ~13.25 ish, can't get an exact measurement on the carpet

destination unknown
    May 2008
    ~13.25 ish, can't get an exact measurement on the carpet

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    So where are these warranty limits? SCB.com says 120mm-140mm forks are "recommended", but imposes no warranty limit, although I'm sure there used to be a limit published but it was deleted 2012. I run a Revelation 150mm on my TRc - lovin that.

mtbr member

Blur TRc pictures

I am 99.9% sure the site used
    To say that the max A2C is 520mm, but now I can't find it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I am 99.9% sure the site used
    To say that the max A2C is 520mm, but now I can't find it.
    Santa Cruz Bikes UK | Bikes Blur TRc

Look at the FAQs.

Apropos, got a brand new black TRc since my old one had that crack at the rear triangle. First
    I've been told, that I'll only get a new rear triangle, but then they replaced the complete frame.
    And I got a t-shirt of my choice as well. Really nice guys.

mtbr member

Blur TRc pictures

Quote Originally Posted by santa-banshee View Post
    Santa Cruz Bikes UK | Bikes Blur TRc

Look at the FAQs.

Apropos, got a brand new black TRc since my old one had that crack at the rear triangle. First
    I've been told, that I'll only get a new rear triangle, but then they replaced the complete frame.
    And I got a t-shirt of my choice as well. Really nice guys.
    Thanks, I knew I saw it somewhere. Now I wonder if that limit is only imposed in the UK, or just outside the US? Sounds silly, but seems like a major point to leave out of the US site.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Bit of advice regarding downtube protection.

I've seen the Cytoe ones which look great; I'm just concerned that it'll end up being expensive if I get stung for import duties etc. being in the UK.

I've also spotted these carbon ones from the UK, has anyone used them? They look ok apart from the fact they seem to clip to the frame rather than bolted on?
    BlurTRc (carbon Frame) - SANTA CRUZ

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Those carbon guards look like they'd be fine fro protecting the down tube from rock strikes, but they don't protect the lower linkage the way the cytoe guards do. I'd also be concerned that water and grit would get between the guard and the frame and then work like sandpaper against the frame.

mtbr member

Blur TRc pictures

^This. If I were you, I would just pony up and buy the heavy duty version of Cytoe's guard. I don't think you will ever need to buy more than the one, and shipping shouldn't be too crazy. And if it is, at least you are getting a guard that will truly protect your TRc.

mtbr member
    I'm in the UK and bought one of Cytoe's guards. I'm pleased with it and the shipping VAT/duty wasn't bad, it wasn't bad at all
    Santa Cruz Blur TRc

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Cheers guys, the sandpaper effect had certainly crossed my mind. Think I'll order a Cytoe jobbie, is the heavy duty the one to go for?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fathomer View Post
    Cheers guys, the sandpaper effect had certainly crossed my mind. Think I'll order a Cytoe jobbie, is the heavy duty the one to go for?
    I bought the regular version just because it was cheap and I am also buying a chain guide that has a taco bash so I didn't think I needed the heavy duty. The reason I suggested you buy the heavy duty version was because if it is going to be expensive to ship, might as well buy the strong one so you don't have to eventually ship another one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fathomer View Post
    I've got the heavy duty one and to be honest it weighs basically nothing anyway so you may as well. I've lost count of the number of times I've bounced rocks off it so it's definitely worth it
    Santa Cruz Blur TRc

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Thanks, I knew I saw it somewhere. Now I wonder if that limit is only imposed in the UK, or just outside the US? Sounds silly, but seems like a major point to leave out of the US site.
    Santa Cruz US = Manufacturer
    Santa Cruz UK = Distributor (Jungle Products)

I would suggest taking the advice of the manufacturer!

mtbr member

Blur TRc pictures

Quote Originally Posted by tavaenga View Post
    Santa Cruz US = Manufacturer
    Santa Cruz UK = Distributor (Jungle Products)

I would suggest taking the advice of the manufacturer!
    Fair enough. It's too late to do it now, so tomorrow I am going to call Santa Cruz and get a definitive answer so this discussion can be over

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Just throwing up my specs since you asked:
    Medium TRc, Fox 36 @140, 26in wheels with Bontrager XR4 tires -2.35 F, 2.25 R
    Head angle is right at 67 (measured with inclinometer) and BB height is 13.6.

Really like this bike. It rides MUCH different than the stock one I demo'd. that bike cornered a bit better with the lower BB, and felt more "in the bike." The extra axle to crown of the bigger and taller fork and big tires jack the BB up to normal heights - ironically as high as some are reporting with 650B tires on the TRc. (FYI - I have a 650b SS and the tires are bigger than my big 26 treads, so I think the taller axle to crown of the 36 at 140 - which is 525 by the way (545 at full 160mm travel) - is the main reason for the inc in BB height. I did expect to get a slacker head angle than when I'm measuring, but I measured and re-measured and that's what it is.

who cares though - its a super fun ride. I demo'd a norco sight 650b last week, and it was significantly better on the downs (kind of smitten by that bike actually), but the TRc climbs so well it outweighs it as an all around bike I think.

mtbr member

Blur TRc pictures

So I talked to Santa Cruz today, the guy in their warranty department said "the engineers do not list a specific axle to crown for warranty because consumers wouldn't understand if we did it that way, you have to run a 120-140 mm fork to be within warranty." I paraphrased a little but that is what I was told. So run a 120-140 fork and you're good I guess.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Here's mine:
    Blur TRc pictures-dsc0920ui.jpg

Size Large, 12.3kg (27.1lbs).
    Coming from 9kg 29er HT it's quit a different ride... But since I don't have the racing legs anymore, I decided to get a more "fun" bike.
    Started out with a 70mm stem since that seemed the most common set up, but it didn't work for me. Now I'am trying a 100mm one.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

New 650B Reverb Stealth XX1 build

Here's my new build, had one ride on it so far and pretty impressed, but need to play about with air pressures before final ride verdict, but loving the way it looks, and well chuffed with the way the Reverb stealth conversion and 650B wheels fit I HATE the flapping cables of the standard Reverb/KS posts, so after a gulp and a gentle drilling session, Reverb Stealth all installed, job done!

It's got a full XX1 build, with Stans Crest 650B/DT Swiss 240s wheelset, and new Kinesis Strut 750mm riser (only ~160g!), so weighing in at about 25.5lbs (with pedals...) which I'm very happy with seeing as it's got 650Bs and a Reverb dropper...
    As for the Deville forks, they are truly quite impressive, buttery smooth and supple after setup, and loads of mid-travel support, failing to see a downside yet...!
    Next mod is to improve on the adequate CTD shock, the Bos Kirk is looking a likely option...
    Anyways, off to ride, happy trails...
    Blur TRc pictures-reverb-build-stealth-1.jpg

Blur TRc pictures-reverb-build-stealth-3.jpg

Blur TRc pictures-reverb-build-stealth-2.jpg

Blur TRc pictures-reverb-build-stealth-5.jpg

Blur TRc pictures-reverb-build-stealth-6.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur TRc pictures-reverb-build-stealth-4.jpg  

mtbr member
    Wow not much clearance there :O
    Santa Cruz Blur TRc

Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast