Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1379
    mtbr member
    I was planning on eventually replacing my CTD shock with a CCDBA, but after seeing this from Sea Otter, putting one of these on my TRc eventually is the plan now. HI/LOW speed compression, rebound, and a platform lever. All at 368 grams versus the 500 gram CCDBA. Looks like the perfect agressive shock for the TRc.

Blur TRc pictures-bos-kirk-enduro-shock-600x399.jpgBlur TRc pictures-boss-7-600x399.jpg
    2013 Medium Santa Cruz Blur Trc in Matte/Silver, full XT kit, 1x10 with 32T wolftooth ring, 25 pounds 7 ounces

mtbr member
    That KIRK shock and the 2014 Deville 140mm - which is supposed to land at 1800g.
    Thatīd be really something!

mtbr member

Blur TRc pictures

Low low I got all the normal wear spots cover now

No noise from the rear D as of yet? You?

Raced it at Sea Otter his past weekend in Cat 2 XC worked flawless

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Znarf View Post
    That KIRK shock and the 2014 Deville 140mm - which is supposed to land at 1800g.
    Thatīd be really something!
    Yes. Yes it would. Is a price on "Kirk" known yet? Hopefully about same as CCDBA,

The new float X may have promise. Has:
    bottom out progressiveness
    Bottom out force adjust
    And the ctd lever thingy is on the side so it may be usable (not that i could tell a difference on my XCc)

Also noticed the new RS Dig damper. I think pinkbike reported it as hi/lo compression adjust. A pike w/ lyrik rc2 controls would grab my attention and save $200 on the BOS (but definitely not compare on the boutique factor).
    PM me for a great price on a pike 150 27.5 as new condition, barely seen dirt!

mtbr member
    No price stated yet, I will be checking the BOS site daily for when they officially add it to their line up. I am guessing it will be more than the CCDBA, as of now the BOS products are much more expensive, with their VIP'R shock being around 800 US dollars. Maybe they will bring their prices more in line with their competitors when selling in the US market. I have zero interest in the Float X. No hi and low compression adjustment, I'm out.

EDIT: Just found price for the kirk, $720. So a little more than the CCDBA, but still somewhat reasonable. I'm definitely in.

Pricing for the entire 2013/2014 product line for the American market:
    ŧ 2013 / 2014 BOS Suspension in North America ? Idylle Air, Idylle RaRe, Stoy RaRe, Void, Kirk, and more - Sick Lines ? mountain bike reviews, news, videos | Your comprehensive downhill and freeride mountain bike resource
    Last edited by nightofthefleming; 04-24-2013 at 09:44 PM.
    2013 Medium Santa Cruz Blur Trc in Matte/Silver, full XT kit, 1x10 with 32T wolftooth ring, 25 pounds 7 ounces

mtbr member
    Bos was on the states a couple of years ago and their pricing was expensive
    2014 Santa Cruz Solo c.
    2012 Spec Demo 8 red/blk/yeiiow

Dan@sidsbikes.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Finally found time to build an post my new ride. No idea about the weight, though.

Frame: Santa Cruz Blur TRc, size XL
    Shock: Fox Float CTD Kashima
    Fork: Rock Shox Revelation RLT, tapered, 140 mm
    Headset: Chris King
    Handlebar: Race Face Sixc Carbon 750 mm
    Stem: Race Face Turbine 70mm
    Grips: ODI TLD
    Saddle: Selle Italia SLR
    Seatpost: Rock Shox Reverb
    Front wheel: Tune King laced to NoTubes ZTR Arch EX Rims with Sapim CX Ray spokes
    Rear wheel: Tune Kong laced to NoTubes ZTR Arch EX Rims with Sapim CX Ray spokes
    Front tire: Maxxis Minion 2.35 Tubeless
    Rear tire: Maxxis Ardent 2.25 Tubeless
    Crank: Sram XX1 32
    Cassette: Sram XX1
    Chain: Sram XX1
    Bottom bracket: Sram
    Rear derailleur: Sram XX1
    Trigger Shifter: Sram XX1
    Front brake: Sram X0 Trail
    Rear brake: Sram X0 Trail
    Front disc: Sram X0 Trail, 180 mm
    Rear disc: Sram X0 Trail, 180 mm
    Pedals: Superstar Components Nano Mag Ultra
    Blur TRc pictures-trc_1.jpgBlur TRc pictures-trc_2.jpgBlur TRc pictures-trc_3.jpg

mtbr member
    a perfect TRc with top components

mtbr member

Blur TRc pictures

Nice build. I'm going to guess its around 25.5 lbs. maybe a little less.

And keep an eye on the drive side lower pivot for the circle crack. You may get a new frame.

mtbr member

Just how capable is a TRc? Watch and see

Anyone else seen this video? It's amazing how capable our bike is. I've only had mine for 3 weeks, and it's already the best bike I've ever owned.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    Nice build. I'm going to guess its around 25.5 lbs. maybe a little less.

And keep an eye on the drive side lower pivot for the circle crack. You may get a new frame.
    I would guess sub 25
    2014 Santa Cruz Solo c.
    2012 Spec Demo 8 red/blk/yeiiow

Dan@sidsbikes.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Blur TRc pictures

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I'll put the bike on a scale some day and let you know the exact weight.

Thanks for the advice on the circular crack. Not to keen on getting a replacement, although 142x12 would be a nice bonus.

mtbr member
    I've noticed that I always get dirt that collects here

Name:  20130428_094544.jpg
Views: 1919
Size:  33.9 KB

...and was wondering how long until it started to crack. I'm wondering if I can just keep riding it until the new frame colors come out.
    Name:  20130504_084121.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  19.3 KB

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    that's a 2013 frame?

mtbr member
    Yep

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kdiff View Post
    I've noticed that I always get dirt that collects here

Name:  20130428_094544.jpg
Views: 1919
Size:  33.9 KB

...and was wondering how long until it started to crack. I'm wondering if I can just keep riding it until the new frame colors come out.
    Name:  20130504_084121.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  19.3 KB
    Honestly you could wait for the new colors HOWEVER if SC still had your rear triangle in white in stock they will send you that. The only time they replace the whole frame is if they no longer have your matching rear triangle in stock.

mtbr member
    Does anyone have a guess as to when the 2014 models may be coming out?

I'm wondering if SC have updated the way the lower pivot bolts into the rear triangle. The bonding here is obviously an area that's prone to failure. I think I read someone comment on the Bronson and mention that they've changed how this bolts together, I wonder of the TRc will get this redesign?
    Santa Cruz Blur TRc

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Finally got my replacement frame built up and have put 50 miles or so on it. I gotta say coming from the older 135QR setup to this new 12x142 setup the rear end feels much stiffer! I gives me much more confidence kicking the rear end out and provides better tracking and feedback. I also switched up from a 90mm to 80mm stem and it handles like a surgeons scalpel. I could not be happier with with this bike!

BEWARE OF GUARD DOG, he will lick you to DEATH!!!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    This thread gave me some inspiration so here is some back in the form of my new bike. Weight is 10.87kg/23.91lbs.

Amazing bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur TRc pictures-blur_trc_001.jpg  

Blur TRc pictures-blur_trc_003.jpg  

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Threw the Lyrik Solo Air on for a bit - it's normally on the front of a TransAM hardtail that doesn't see much use. I'm either on this bike or my Chromag hardtail msot of the time. Travel is dropped to 145mm. It's white, because when it needed new lowers a while back, it was on a white bike. I'd gladly go for black lowers is someone wants to pony up the dough for them!

I very much like the Revelation/Sektor Solo Air bastardised fork that's been on there, but wanted to see how the bike felt with the stiffer Lyrik chassis.

The tweaked Lyrik damper is for sure nice, I far prefer the 6mm allen controlled Maxle vs. the QR version. It's a straight steer tube model vs. the tapered Rev/Sek fork. Not insanely stiffer, but enough so that it's noticable.
    A tapered Lyrik with black lowers would be sweet...

The only downside is the Lyrik being just shy of a pound heavier, something I can live with for the performances difference. Bike is just over 26# as shown. Going to ride it a bit this way, probably swap back and forth a bit before deciding which fork to keep on there.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    ^do you have any issues with the compression range on the lyrik now that its lowered? Mine is at 135 and I have basically lost low speed. Need to have it tuned or figure something out for mine... luckily I'm very light and dont need a lot anyway so it still rides great

Quote Originally Posted by nightofthefleming View Post
    ^do you have any issues with the compression range on the lyrik now that its lowered? Mine is at 135 and I have basically lost low speed. Need to have it tuned or figure something out for mine... luckily I'm very light and dont need a lot anyway so it still rides great
    Not that I've noticed, but have only had one ride on it, in a smooth and fast trail area. A couple rides on the usual chunky trails will let me know if it feels different than before.
    Left them the same as they've been since getting them all dialed in and it felt pretty good. I've also done some shimstack mods and removed the floodgate, which sorta' turns it into a poor mans RC2DH damper.

Granted, the damping is enough nicer feeling than the Rev/Sek that I've gotten used to, I may not notice those other subtle differences!

mtbr member
    ahhh I see, I have the RC2DH damper already and am having this problem. Mine rides just great right now, I got lucky that at my weight it rides well even without much range of adjustment on low speed compression. Now to just figure out how to fix it

Quote Originally Posted by nightofthefleming View Post
    ahhh I see, I have the RC2DH damper already and am having this problem. Mine rides just great right now, I got lucky that at my weight it rides well even without much range of adjustment on low speed compression. Now to just figure out how to fix it
    I've got a Totem RC2DH on another bike, and they feel pretty similar. Only running a couple clicks of low and high on both.

So you feel you've got no adjustment with the Low? Too divy at low speeds, or what? Maybe low oil level?

wheelie king
    Scrub, is that a Turbine stem mounted with negative rise? What length? Thanks.

Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast