Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1379
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Centaurus View Post
    That is a pretty cool idea - first time I've heard of this link/frame protection. Also like Shelter Tape and the Plate from Cytoe (but already spent my budget on the TRc for now so I'm sticking to the epoxy fix and maintenance for the near future.)
    I just put a little piece of mastic tape on that exposed bit of linkage.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Blur TRc pictures-cc.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I just snagged a left over 2010 Blur XC carbon for a steal of a deal, the TRc is next on my list! SC makes amazing bikes!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by robsetsfire View Post
    I have a 32 float 140 on mine and the seal to crown is 15cm. You are lowering your a-to-c.
    That's strange, my 140 measures 14cm from seal to crown. Can other people verify this with their 32 float 140s? Thanks

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by john85D View Post
    That's strange, my 140 measures 14cm from seal to crown. Can other people verify this with their 32 float 140s? Thanks
    I have a 2010 32 Float FIT RLC lowered by Fox from 150 to 140. I can measure that if it helps.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

TRc

Built from frame up with a mixed bag of parts. 26 lb as it sits, with a lighter rear wheel and tire on the way which will drop a pound. Not sure on the 1x10. I may need a granny ring but I have never had a bike this light before so maybe I can handle the single ring.

Blur TRc pictures-2013-01-30-20.08.14.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Blur TRc pictures

Didn't want to start a new thread so thought I'd ask here first. Any one of you TRc owners had the head tube faced before installing the headset? Reason I'm asking is because I bought a TRc during the sale and the frame makes noise at the head tube area. It's a creaking sound when I hit bumps and stuff. Sound kinda like the headset is loose. Initially I thought maybe it was the headset so I got a new headset but its still doing it and I have the top bolt cranked down pretty tight. Doing some research, someone mentioned that if the head tube is uneven, it might make noises like that so not sure if I should try that or if its even possible to face a carbon head tube.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

mtbr member

Blur TRc pictures

I've had two frames and didn't have either faced. No problems.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    I have a 2010 32 Float FIT RLC lowered by Fox from 150 to 140. I can measure that if it helps.
    Please do. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pwu_1 View Post
    Didn't want to start a new thread so thought I'd ask here first. Any one of you TRc owners had the head tube faced before installing the headset? Reason I'm asking is because I bought a TRc during the sale and the frame makes noise at the head tube area. It's a creaking sound when I hit bumps and stuff. Sound kinda like the headset is loose. Initially I thought maybe it was the headset so I got a new headset but its still doing it and I have the top bolt cranked down pretty tight. Doing some research, someone mentioned that if the head tube is uneven, it might make noises like that so not sure if I should try that or if its even possible to face a carbon head tube.
    Have you got a spacer between the top cap and stem? If not then the cap might not be preloading the headset correctly. Is your fork steerer also undamaged? Also are you sure it's not your stem creaking?
    Santa Cruz Blur TRc

uncertainty principle
    Quote Originally Posted by pwu_1 View Post
    What SteveE said - I can't talk to the facing but check your spacing of the star nut and the gap for the headset cap to sit in - Park Tool Co. ParkTool Blog Threadless Headset Service

You may already know all this but take off the fork and [carefully] put it in a vice by the steerer and move it back and forth to see if the issue is the fork/crown. I had the same issue and it turned out to be the star nut - changed that and the issue was resolved (not sure if you did that with the new headset).

Hope that helps let us know what it was when you figure it out.
    Bumper sticker spotted: "If youre riding a single speed in the woods and no one sees you, is it still cool?"

uncertainty principle

Hits to the Lower Link

Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    I just put a little piece of mastic tape on that exposed bit of linkage.
    Mestapho, thanks for the suggestion . Finally had time to look up the mastic tape and went out and got some. It fits perfect and seems to have the perfect amount of give to absorb [some of] the energy of a hit (and was the right price). I put it over the epoxy fix, on the opposite link and the bb. Shapes well and seems like it will hold up well. Once you step back you can't really see that it's on the bike - blends in well.

Mastic Tape - "...durable, tacky mastic with an easy release liner for easy applications over irregular surfaces for excellent moisture resistance..."

Blur TRc pictures-164.jpg

Blur TRc pictures-165.jpg

Blur TRc pictures-166-3-.jpg

Blur TRc pictures-167.jpg
    Last edited by Centaurus; 02-03-2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: clarify comment
    Bumper sticker spotted: "If youre riding a single speed in the woods and no one sees you, is it still cool?"

mtbr member
    Small frame
    XX1
    i9 Torch wheelset. 2.35 Rocket Ron front and 2.25 Nobby Nic rear
    Float CTD (140mm)
    XT Trail brakes (185/160)
    XT SPD
    A little bit over 25 lbs

mtbr member
    May 2005

Blur TRc pictures

Nice ride flipnidaho! What happened to our black TRC?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by randan View Post
    Nice ride flipnidaho! What happened to our black TRC?
    I still have it. It's now in California though (I work in Cali but live in ID) so I have something to ride there...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Centaurus View Post
    Mestapho, thanks for the suggestion . Finally had time to look up the mastic tape and went out and got some. It fits perfect and seems to have the perfect amount of give to absorb [some of] the energy of a hit (and was the right price). I put it over the epoxy fix, on the opposite link and the bb. Shapes well and seems like it will hold up well. Once you step back you can't really see that it's on the bike - blends in well.

Mastic Tape - "...durable, tacky mastic with an easy release liner for easy applications over irregular surfaces for excellent moisture resistance..."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	164.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	768107

Name:	165.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	768108

Name:	166 (3).jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	768109

Name:	167.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	768110
    I highly recommend using this stuff. It works awesome and doest come off unless you take it off. And doesnt leave a mess when you do.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho View Post
    Small frame
    XX1
    i9 Torch wheelset. 2.35 Rocket Ron front and 2.25 Nobby Nic rear
    Float CTD (140mm)
    XT Trail brakes (185/160)
    XT SPD
    A little bit over 25 lbs
    Awesome build! How do you like the Torch wheelset? Is the claimed weight (1490g) accurate?
    Last edited by LowLow; 02-13-2013 at 12:54 AM.

mtbr member
    Nice build Kabayan flipnidaho....if i get lucky, will purchase the small TRC at Flying Ball in HKG and get the RS 140 Revelation Fork at Pro Bike HKG.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    24.9lbs

Full X0, XX cassette
    Race face Sixc/turbine cockpit, Next cranks and sram carbon bash
    Reverb and phenom pro
    Custom wheelset hope pro II/cx ray/arch ex

Blur TRc pictures-2013-01-27-15.57.58.jpg

mtbr member
    The wheelset came with the bike build so I didn't have time to weigh it. It does feel as easy to accelerate as the TRc wheelset I have (DT-Swiss/Enve) with faster engagement. I would guess the wheelset weight is not that far off from claimed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rey Recinto View Post
    Nice build Kabayan flipnidaho....if i get lucky, will purchase the small TRC at Flying Ball in HKG and get the RS 140 Revelation Fork at Pro Bike HKG.....
    Yeah Rey, she's a fun bike. Are you bringing yours back to the PI?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

My Trc got heavier

Well it is interesting to read all the speculation about a new bike etc. It sure will be intense come April. So before the hype re new bikes, new Rockshox forks, new XC dropper posts and the like become a reality, I thought Id share some pictures of my bike in its latest guise, as of the last 6 months actually. Before I am totally obsolete.

To work with the CCDBa I have added a Lyric, solo air with mission control. I have set it at 130mm travel, and that seems to have slacked the bike out to less than 67⁰ now. It sure does feel very nice on the steeps and at speed.

There is a small loss of small bump compliance; more noticeable at slower speeds and only noticeable at slow speed, once the speed is up it is very sweet indeed. It entices more speed...

The best way to sum it up is that the bike is just so very composed. And, you can get very aggressive and it maintains an impressive level of composure that is just confidence inspiring and I am sure takes the bike into territory that a 5 travel bike has no right in ruling. I love riding it.

And to repeat what I have said before, the technical climbing is amazing with the rear shock, there is just so much grip, it is a supple grip when tech climbing. I have cleared some pretty rocky and rooty climbs while my mates unclip and I to would have done so previously.

The bike is a rewarding challenge both up and down. And its all about the ride, or how rewarding the ride is in the end. For me, its the bees knees.

Happy riding guys.

Blur TRc pictures-blur-roto-1_web.jpg

Blur TRc pictures-blur-roto-2_web.jpg

Blur TRc pictures-blur-roto-3_web.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Nice looking bike. I had a CCDBa on my prior bike (Tracer VP) but sold it when I upgraded to the TRc. Did you limit the travel on the shock, or does CCDB make a shock that fits now? I ask because that was one of the reasons I sold my shock, it was 7.875x2.25 and the TRc uses a 7.875x2.0 if I remember correctly. Awesome shock though, I loved it on my Tracer.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Finally got mine, 25.5lbs, went to the Lakes this weekend and it was rocking
    Name:  Santa Cruz TRC-sml.jpg
Views: 1935
Size:  95.2 KB

Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast