Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Fork - 150, as low as it will go...

Headset spacers, Picked them up at the local shop...No name brand, powder coated, could not pass them up.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Kiwanoron, very nice build, what is the stem length? I would imagine the handling will be quite direct?

mtbr member
    During today's ride
    Blur TRc pictures-imageuploadedbytapatalk1357452395.871604.jpg

mtbr member

And another

Might as well post it up. First ride today, not the best conditions for railing a berm, but had fun anyway.

I forgot to take a picture of it put together, so a cell pic in the snow is as good as it gets.

I do need to work on chain retention though...that was irritating.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur TRc pictures-trcsnow.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Its arrived

My medium 2013 TRc build, 25lbs on the dot with further upgrades later. The fork is a 2013 150mm Revelation RCT3 Solo Air which I'll upgrade mid-year to a 2013 World Cup 140 mm Solo Air. Should be able to get a good feel for the two different travels.

Can't wait to try the XX1 (32T x 10-42T). I need to sort out the stack height and I'll post better pics and ride impressions after a few rides. Oh and the dominant white theme keeps my girlfriend (and financier) happy....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur TRc pictures-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Pics one at a time...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Last one for now.

mtbr member
    How would a 120mm Reba work out on the TRC? I have one from my Tazer VP so I would like to use that until I figure on a fork to run 27.5/26.
    2014 Santa Cruz Solo c.
    2012 Spec Demo 8 red/blk/yeiiow

Dan@sidsbikes.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Hi quickneonrt, The Trc is amazing with a 120mm fork. Super fast, so so stable, super nimble and just blindingly quick in steering, switch backs, tight stuff - a real hoot. You won't be disappointed.

You can still do steeps and rough and jumps (of course more suspension will always let you do more or do more more quickly, but you'll be surprised). On smooth jumps, it's actually very good because the BB is lower again like a jump bike. You may get pedal strikes depending on your style and skill level though, never really bothered me on even rough downhill courses. 120mm is worth the experience, but in the end I am happier with 130mm setting as a little more opens out the bikes capabilities some more. I reckon nothing corners better than a Tr with a 120mm though. Every adjustment has it's trade offs.... Go for it and enjoy while deciding on your next move, it will give you some ride data/info to consider to. Cheers

mtbr member
    Williamk thanks for the input!
    2014 Santa Cruz Solo c.

Dan@sidsbikes.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Does anyone run a clutch rear derailer? If so, do you find you need to wrap the chainstay or run a protector? I see there is some sort of built in wrap on the frame but is it tough enough?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kelownamike View Post
    Does anyone run a clutch rear derailer? If so, do you find you need to wrap the chainstay or run a protector? I see there is some sort of built in wrap on the frame but is it tough enough?
    I use a Shadow+ r.d. and I still wrap the chainstay. You probably don't have to, but I figure that the extra protection on an expensive carbon frame is a good idea. I also use a cytoe skid plate and some clear tape where cable rub or heel rub can occur.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur TRc pictures-trc-skidplate.jpg  

Blur TRc pictures-trc-drivetrain.jpg  

mtbr member
    I have the BB plate as well, but removed it after 2 rides. It slighlty rubs the frame, it has happend on my TB too, but the new upgraded plate is better. I don't think he has upgraded the plate for TRc though...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    I have the BB plate as well, but removed it after 2 rides. It slighlty rubs the frame, it has happend on my TB too, but the new upgraded plate is better. I don't think he has upgraded the plate for TRc though...
    The new TRc plate wraps the down tube more and the back *should* not touch the pivot. Can someone with the new rev plate verify this? Unfortunately, I don't have a TRc frame to check against at the moment.

Ow!
    Quote Originally Posted by quickneonrt View Post
    How would a 120mm Reba work out on the TRC? I have one from my Tazer VP so I would like to use that until I figure on a fork to run 27.5/26.
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamK View Post
    Hi quickneonrt, The Trc is amazing with a 120mm fork. Super fast, so so stable, super nimble and just blindingly quick in steering, switch backs, tight stuff - a real hoot. You won't be disappointed.
    I run a TRc with a 125mm Revelation. Since I bought it to replace my old FS trail bike (Turner XCE), it has worked out well. Not as quick as the old bike, but pretty good. I do not think I would like the TRc as much with more travel, but I will eventually install a 140mm fork (Marz 44) that I have just to check it out. Anyways, I find the 125mm is just what I want on the bike. It seems to be a very versatile frame as far as front travel goes.

Why 125mm? The Rev came as 150mm. 25mm spacer is what I had in stock, so there you go.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe View Post
    The new TRc plate wraps the down tube more and the back *should* not touch the pivot. Can someone with the new rev plate verify this? Unfortunately, I don't have a TRc frame to check against at the moment.
    I can verify that the new one does not. Speaking of the plates, I did make a slight modification to mine the other day when I was able to borrow a friends heat gun. I increased the bend between the lowest bottle mount right before the first plate pad. This means you have to press the plate a little firmer and bend the plate slightly when attaching it, but it is nice and tight on the pad and so far I haven't heard any plate slap on fast rocky sections. As far as rub, I've ran the old style plate and now use the new plate and have no rub marks.

Quote Originally Posted by kelownamike View Post
    I use an XTR clutch derailleur (2x10) and have gotten some slight chain slap marks only on that metal plate right by the chain ring over a couple of months. (The clutch firmness has been untouched, so that may be able to be dialed out, though I doubt it just because of the proximity of that plate to the chainring.) I put some surfboard foot grip on it and it still looks fairly untouched.

Hope that helps!

mtbr member
    I don't plug to many specific products but that plate cytoe makes is pretty cool. I was running the old plate the other day and it worked perfectly when I had an encounter with a fallen tree. The plate has a scrape mark down it but my linkage and etc. is clean.

mtbr member
    I purchased the plate for the TRc on August 18th 2012. Was it already upgraded?

I also used to have the previous one for a TB, which rubbed and got an upgraded later, which works good, no rubbing.

mtbr member
    I stuck a bit of inner tube under the end of the plate to silence the rattling
    Santa Cruz Blur TRc

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I stuck some padded mounting tape on mine to silence the rattling. The rattling only seemed to occur when the suspension was not compressed, like during a hike-a-bike.

mtbr member
    Where's the rubbing occuring?

mtbr member
    finally the alu TR frame is coming

RAT ATTACK! Introducing the New Santa Cruz Blur TR from santa cruz bikes on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    The new alu TR would have been a good opportunity to have replaceable dropouts, so you could easily convert to 650b or different axle standards.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
    The new alu TR would have been a good opportunity to have replaceable dropouts, so you could easily convert to 650b or different axle standards.
    So true, wasted opportunity unless....

Maybe a 650b Blur LT in April?
    67 or less H/A
    12.75" BB
    23" TT for a Medium
    up to 150mm of travel

mtbr member
    Well looks like I am switching my order.
    Just the 2 pound weight difference doesn't make sense. Usuall it's 1/2 or a pound most difference between carbon and al SC frames
    2014 Santa Cruz Solo c.

Dan@sidsbikes.com

Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast